NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess for the Flames is the 1924 Calgary Tigers jersey. The Tigers were the champions of the Pacific Coast Hockey Association, and met the Montreal Canadiens in the Stanley Cup final.

Here are two pictures of the Tigers I found. I think the first is from 1924 and the second is from 1926. Apparently no one in Calgary at the time could draw very well. The team colours were black and gold.

Tigers1.jpg

Tigers2.jpg

This observation is far from PANTONE precision, I know, but on the NHL games for SNES, the Isles' red-orange pictured above always looked much closer to plain old red. I much prefer the bottom pair of blue and orange, which evokes the New York and Nassau flags better than the top pair does. And that is, after all, what they're going for, right?

The original logo and shirts have always looked red to me, on tv and hockey cards.

sig-1.png

My guess for the Flames is the 1924 Calgary Tigers jersey. The Tigers were the champions of the Pacific Coast Hockey Association, and met the Montreal Canadiens in the Stanley Cup final.

Here are two pictures of the Tigers I found. I think the first is from 1924 and the second is from 1926. Apparently no one in Calgary at the time could draw very well. The team colours were black and gold.

Tigers1.jpg

Tigers2.jpg

Those pictures are not of the WHL/WCHL Tigers. They're of the minor league team that followed.

the Saskatoon Sheiks? really?

Yep. It's now the name of my fantasy baseball team... ^_^

sheikslogo2.png

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

the Saskatoon Sheiks? really?

A team with a crescent moon logo??

Wonder how they settled on that.

Dear internet:

People in the 1920's thought of things differently than people in 2010 do.

Sincerely,

Logic

Welcome to DrunjFlix

30475_403702402668_61490642668_4470537_2383418_n.jpg

Better pic of the center ice logo.

And the press release:

2010-11 Marks Sharks 20th Anniversary

Sharks Unveil Anniversary Logos, Plan Festivities to Commemorate

Tuesday, 06.22.2010 / 12:59 PM / News

By San Jose Sharks Staff

SAN JOSE ? The San Jose Sharks are making plans to commemorate their 20th anniversary as an NHL franchise throughout the upcoming 2010-11 season. Granted an NHL franchise on May 9, 1990, the Sharks played their first game on Oct. 4, 1991, falling 4-3 at Vancouver. In 2010, San Jose will open their 20th year as an NHL franchise with back-to-back games against the Columbus Blue Jackets in Stockholm, Sweden on Oct. 8 and 9.

In conjunction with the milestone, the team has designed several special 20th anniversary marks that will be used in various locations ? including the center ice logo at HP Pavilion for all home games and on sjsharks.com ? as well as released a patch that will be donned on the team?s game sweaters and helmets.

All season long, the team will wear a 20th Anniversary San Jose Sharks patch on their sweater that will be placed on the left sleeve underneath the player?s number and above the stripe. The patch, which is 5¼? x 1¾?, combines the modern Shark with a powerful ?double-XX? design, using the Roman numeral for the number ?20? celebrating the team?s anniversary. This patch will also be placed on each player?s helmet.

All of the 20th anniversary artwork was created by Terry Smith, who also designed the team?s original logo, as well as the updated team marks that were introduced prior to the 2007-08 season.

Additional plans to commemorate the team?s 20th anniversary on- and off-the-ice will be announced throughout the summer.

The Sharks will be releasing a line of 20th Anniversary merchandise on Tues., July 6 that will be exclusively available at the Sharks Store. Sharks Store summer hours are 11 a.m. ? 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

All season long, the team will wear a 20th Anniversary San Jose Sharks patch on their sweater that will be placed on the left sleeve underneath the player?s number and above the stripe. The patch, which is 5¼? x 1¾?, combines the modern Shark with a powerful ?double-XX? design, using the Roman numeral for the number ?20? celebrating the team?s anniversary.

36213_405446556031_693636031_4652552_3346424_n.jpg

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

All season long, the team will wear a 20th Anniversary San Jose Sharks patch on their sweater that will be placed on the left sleeve underneath the player’s number and above the stripe. The patch, which is 5¼” x 1¾”, combines the modern Shark with a powerful “double-XX” design, using the Roman numeral for the number “20” celebrating the team’s anniversary.

36213_405446556031_693636031_4652552_3346424_n.jpg

That's pretty clever, actually. Now if only they would wear the fin alternate logo on the shoulders, it wouldn't look redundant.

From the NHL's website, it looks as though both the Winter Classic and Heritage Classic logos have been completed.

NHLSeasonLogos2011.jpg

Here ya go....

WCHC.png

Archived