2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

I think these 6 days have made this coming Finals that much more exciting, at least for me. I mean, how much is at stake here? Everything! Part of me wishes I was a neutral fan so I could just watch and enjoy the battle, but beating the Lakers this year would be so incredible it outweighs the risk of the total and utter devastation that would be brought on by losing and watching Kobe walk away victorious, himself completely "certified" with a fifth title, and finally against the Celtics. I'm seething just at the thought. I hope this thing goes 7 games (except if the Celtics have a 3-2 or 3-1 lead, of course) and is the best series of all time.

Just a warning to everyone that at various points throughout the series I will likely be completely irrational, moronic, and over-the-top intense/homerish so if you lost all respect for me during the Orlando series, this will probably be worse. I hope for everyone's sake that I keep my mouth shut for at least a few hours after each game. Still Mighty, I respect you and I really like you man but for the next two weeks, I despise you and everything you stand for :P (Except USA Soccer! :flagusa:)

Okay, with that said, I think I'm ready. I'm braced for defeat (not really) but stoked at the thought of winning. Think about it, this is really it for the Celtics, barring miracles, another crazy KG-type deal, or LeBron signing. This is really for all the marbles and for all you basketball haters, this is what the NBA is all about. I think anyone, even non-basketball fans, should watch and would enjoy this series, and I know Jigga agrees with me. So there.

Edit: this about sums it up. You know it's intense when Magic says "Theo Jackson."

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5241004

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still Mighty, I respect you and I really like you man but for the next two weeks, I despise you and everything you stand for :P (Except USA Soccer! :flagusa:)

:evil:STAND BEFORE ME AND ACCEPT YOUR FATE OF DEATH! :evil:

:P

I understand completely, and for these next two weeks, I will deny your existence as an actual human being, and deem you as Satan incarnate (outside of the World Cup thread, as mentioned :smileyusa::unclesam::flagusa:;) )

I am just purely amped for this series

LET'S GO LAKE SHOW!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I guarantee that LeBron James will be going to Los Angeles next year....you can book it.

In fact, he'll be going to LA twice! Every team plays at least a home-and-home with every other team. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And next year, when LeBron comes to LA, we'll all be chanting this in the Finals:

CLIPPER NATION!

I still contend that "Nation" is a bit strong for the Clippers.

Possibly City-State would fit them better, but hey who am I to say :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'll preface my statement by saying this: the Lakers are playing better than the Celtics and deserve to win Game 1.

Now onto my diatribe. What the hell is with the ticky-tack calls in this game?! The officials are blowing the whistle if anyone BREATHES. It's not biased one way or the other, it's disturbing both teams. Stars are in ridiculous foul trouble, and it's ruining the level of play.

Once again, NBA officials make themselves the stars of the show.

Though I know better than to doubt the Celtics...this series may be as good as over. Phil Jackson has NEVER lost a series in which his team won Game 1. The Lakers won Game 1. It's already looking grim for the C's. But once again, I'm not gonna count em out.

Lesson learned from tonight: Following Lakers/Celtics on Twitter is probably more fun than actually watching the game...at least for me. :P

Why? Because of this and this.

And next year, when LeBron comes to LA, we'll all be chanting this in the Finals:

CLIPPER NATION!

More like Clipper Village.

Clipper household.

The Lakers sure looked good tonight -- I picked them in six and I'm feeling pretty confident with that one.

IUe6Hvh.png

CLIPPER NATION!

More like Clipper Village.

Clipper household.

The Lakers sure looked good tonight -- I picked them in six and I'm feeling pretty confident with that one.

All I'll say is that if this is indeed a Clippertown, at least they're nice enough to let the Lakers hang up their banners and store their trophies in it.

VmWIn6B.png

CLIPPER NATION!

I thought LSD was more colorful than that.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Though I know better than to doubt the Celtics...this series may be as good as over. Phil Jackson has NEVER lost a series in which his team won Game 1. The Lakers won Game 1. It's already looking grim for the C's. But once again, I'm not gonna count em out.

Lesson learned from tonight: Following Lakers/Celtics on Twitter is probably more fun than actually watching the game...at least for me. :P

Why? Because of this and this.

Phil Jackson is 47-0 when his teams win Game 1 of any playoff series.

Teams that win Game 1 of the NBA Finals win the series 73% of the time.

On paper, statistics would say the Lakers are now favored to win the series. In reality, the Lakers looked really good tonight, and if they can keep it up, I see this series going no more than five.

But it's only Game 1. And while I do think the Lakers will win, it will probably end up going to six games. Lakers have a weird tendency to drop Game 3, so my prediction is they go to Boston up 2-0 but lose Games 3 and 5, but win 4 and 6 (at home).

Archived