Qutar 2022 World Cup bid stadium video

raysox

Unless it was the first WC to be held entirely indoors, it's not going to happen. It's 1048pm, local time, and it is 30 degrees. Tomorrow the forecast high is 38. I get that these are high paid athletes, but that is asking too much, even of them.

Unless it was the first WC to be held entirely indoors, it's not going to happen. It's 1048pm, local time, and it is 30 degrees. Tomorrow the forecast high is 38. I get that these are high paid athletes, but that is asking too much, even of them.

from wikipedia

The first five proposed stadiums for the World Cup were unveiled at the beginning of March 2010. The stadiums will employ cooling technology capable of reducing temperatures within the stadium by up to 20 degrees Celsius, and the upper tiers of the stadiums will be disassembled after the World Cup and donated to countries with less developed sports infrastructure.[9] All of the five stadium projects launched have been designed by German architect Albert Speer & Partners.

Damn....I did not know Albert Speer's firm was still around/they kept his name.

For those of you that don't know, Albert Speer was architect for the Third Reich.

damn that was a nice video - and if the current politic climate sings a different tune in 2022 then im all for a world cup in qatar, if they can make it come true. that said i still want either USA or England to win the 2018/2022 bid.

Thoughts? Other than having a WC hosted in an Arab nation? (there's a flame war on the youtube page.)

I haven't read the comments on the YouTube page, but I can only imagine how ignorant and racist they are. Qatar is a peaceful Arab nation, not jihadist. Considering them on the same level as terrorists is just ignorant.

The stadiums look beautiful, and they certainly have the cash and ability to make it happen. I'd be all for the World Cup being in Qatar.

Very cool. I love the unique look of each facility, and some of them are just awesome pieces of architecture. I'm all kinds of in favor of giving new, different countries the chance to host the World Cup. And despite the small population and size of Qatar, I think it'd be a pretty cool place to have the event.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Damn....I did not know Albert Speer's firm was still around/they kept his name.

For those of you that don't know, Albert Speer was architect for the Third Reich.

So, just hypothetically, let's say Qatar gets the bid, and Albert Speer's Nazi stadiums are everywhere....and then let's just say Israel actually qualified for the World Cup that year....what would happen?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Well, color me impressed by what Qatar has up it's sleeves for 2022. It's amazing how they some simple ideas from everyday life, like the seashell, and use that to be the main focus of the stadium. Oh, and don't get me started on that giant screen around that last stadium. That is beyond all levels of epic win.

I also like the idea of what they're pitching for the bid. As DP said, Qatar is a peaceful and friendly nation, so there would be no hard feelings. Plus, they've hosted an event in that country (the 2006 Asian Games) and have one coming up (2011 Asian Cup), so there's a chance that they can impress more people before they possibly land that bid.

They gave their bid to FIFA, so we will see what happens in December when they vote and all the bribes which voters will take in the process. Skyscrapercity has a 30 page thread on the Qatar Bid and stadiums and a 5 year, 300+ page thread on all bids. Some of those bids, like Indonesia, were discussed, but not turned in to FIFA.

Qatar is also a new airport in Doha.

Outside of the nation's size, an issue which they have against them is that airing games in park areas is just as popular as going to the games themselves. Those open areas contain (lots of) alcohol. Qatar, like the UAE, only permits alcohol in hotel bars/clubs. Other bid nations will probably go hit on that point and it could keep European and Asian tourists away.

Plus, should you be awarded an event on this scale if you have never qualified for the finals?

Thoughts? Other than having a WC hosted in an Arab nation? (there's a flame war on the youtube page.)

I haven't read the comments on the YouTube page, but I can only imagine how ignorant and racist they are. Qatar is a peaceful Arab nation, not jihadist. Considering them on the same level as terrorists is just ignorant.

The stadiums look beautiful, and they certainly have the cash and ability to make it happen. I'd be all for the World Cup being in Qatar.

Agree on both fronts. I think the 3rd one looks a lot like an Easter basket. lol

As far as racist YouTubers, some people just can't be sway from their ignorance. I've got a lovely little story but I don't want to derail the topic.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

So is Qatar still flush with oil, or is that drying up like it is in Bahrain and UAE? The near economic collapse of Dubai last year does not bode well for massive cash dumps like the World Cup.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I thought this was amazing. Here are the 5 stadiums being proposed for the 2022 World Cup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-z2jtUS9-Y&feature=player_embedded#!

When isn't there a flame war on youtube? Those people will invent :censored: to argue about.

That being said, this is pretty cool. I'm all for having the World Cup in diverse places, & Qatar would definitely fit in as diverse compared to past World Cup sites. I do agree with N.E.P. that they'd have to have a joint venture with one of the neighboring countries in order to have a better shot, but this is cool nonetheless.

Archived