UFL

landmasta

While the Colonials logo isn't trash, it's not exactly gold either. To me, the "H" part of the element is pretty hard to pick up if you don't know it's an "H". And while I do like the gold part of the color scheme, the stars inside the verbiage need to be in blue to really be picked up properly. Personally, I don't like the gradients in this case - too much going on. I think the eagle head is a nice touch if it were to stand on it's own with just the "H", albeit, a shorter and wider one. Drop the "H"/Eagle inside a Cubs-ish "C" tweaked to avoid the similarities, or possibly use the western "Star" font, and then I think you have something.

The gold helmet is ok. So that probably means a gold top with white pants, or possibly a white top with gold pants. But I think there is a better chance of a white top with the dark blue color pants (gold/columbia blue is just insane....). On other outside possibility is a dark blue top with white pants with gold numbers outlines in white. My guess is the number font will be inspired by the "Star" font of the Colonials script, but only enough to match, not enough to make the numbers unreadible.

So in short, my guess is:

Gold helmet - white top - dark blue pants - white socks - dark blue numbers outlined in gold and white

Gold helmet - dark blue top - white pants - gold socks - gold numbers outlined in white

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spam

I must confess, I've never seen a spambot as persistent as this one.

Mrs Bun: Have you got anything without SPAM?

Waitress: Well, there's SPAM, egg, sausage, and SPAM; that's not got much SPAM in it.

Mrs Bun: I don't want any SPAM!

Mr Bun: Why can't she have egg, bacon, SPAM, and sausage?

Mrs Bun: That's got SPAM in it!

Mr Bun: Hasn't got as much SPAM in it as SPAM, egg, sausage, and SPAM, has it?

Vikings: [singing] SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM... Lovely SPAM! Wonderful SPAM!

...we now return to you regularly scheduled thread.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

The Las Vegas Locos new logo (and colors) were leaked by one of their employees in Vegas, but has been confirmed by the UFL. There is a story about it at UFLAccess.com. Not sure how to post a copy of the logo, so here is the URL: www.uflaccess.com

OK, I think the image should be right here...

newlocoslogo.png

It's kind of like how the Golden Baseball League had all these designs by....somebody refresh my memory, but then the St. George, Utah expansion team owner decided to commission his own cheapo low rent logo instead.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

newlocoslogo.png

Las Vegas Locomotives Premier Season wordmark which appears to have been inspired by equal parts 1800s Old West railroad and modern graffiti tag influences? CHECK!

New containment shape inspired by the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada" sign? CHECK!

Resulting 2010 Las Vegas Locomotives primary mark that comes across as an incongruous mish-mosh of 19th-century Old West railroad elements, 1950s Vegas-inspired Googie Architectural kitsch and modern street-gang "flava"? CHECK!

More UFL team-branding mediocrity. CHECK!!!

It's kind of like how the Golden Baseball League had all these designs by....somebody refresh my memory

Dan Simon of Studio Simon and Joe Bosack of the Joe Bosack Graphic Design Company collaborated on the Golden Baseball League's inaugural season team identity packages. The results were as fine a collection of team logos, top to bottom, as any league has ever trotted-out. Typically outstanding work from the gentlemen.

Say what you want about the founders of the Golden Baseball League, but they had the savvy to get their team branding done right.

It's just a shame the UFL slapped the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign design onto the Locos' existing wordmark instead of making the WtFLV sign an alternate or something. This is on the level of fail as the (potential) Utah Jazz' 2nd recoloring of their mountain-ball logo (in navy/green/yellow-gold), missing any kind of serious effort.

Yea, most of the GBL's logos and/or uniforms were/are good as far as minor leagues goes, but St. George's main logo is just too bland (though their uniforms and colors are, aside from the wide number font, good).

Fail, fail, fail. UGH.

This is just getting worse.

I didn't like the idea of all 4 teams using the same colors last year, but incredibly last year's logos were better than this year's. The Locos logo was already kind of "meh". Now, it's just downright awful. It's actually kind of sad and pathetic to think of how it appears that someone just played with "copy and paste" to add the city name.

The Colonials is so overpowered by clutter it's just painful to look at it.

And maximum overkill on the gradients. I thought most AFL/AFL2 logos were lacking, but they were far superior in every way to this garbage.

Judging by the logos, these teams will be known as the UGLY Football League.

newlocoslogo.png

If this logo was a person, it would be getting profiled on "Hoarders" for jamming so much garbage into such a limited space.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Omaha Nighthawks have announced on their Facebook page that their logo unveiling will take place at Omaha's Qwest Center on Monday, June 7th at 2:15pm CT.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Colonials, well I applaud them for not falling into the "Patriots KO trap," and truth be told I don't think their identity is that bad. As a fan of art deco design, I like seeing it used more often, so there's that. The alternate logos are pretty good, and the wordmark isn't bad. It's when they're combined to form the primary that the whole thing falls apart.

The Locos' new logo, however, is trash.

We don't need to be re Welcomed to Las Vegas, but we will drive safely! I want to like them. I want to go to a game if i'm still around, but only if that thing is retracted and they FINISH THE Fing TRAIN!!!!!

In all actuality, I really like the new LV Locos set. The new color is nice and bright, going away from sports trend of darken everything. The new combo wordmark/primary mark isn't that great, but it says Las Vegas the best way Las Vegas knows how. (I'm so happy that didnt end up on the helmet) I love the crazy helmet stripes the UFL is using, And aside from the random silver slashies around the support mark (which fit the rest of the identity) I really don't dislike the LVL.

Ok 2 teams with their logos out and both have white facemasks!?

And is it me, but both logos on the helmets for Hartford and Las Vegas seems odd with a similar color as the helmet. For Las Vegas having a primarily silver logo on a silver helmet doesn't really pop, in my opinion.

Archived