2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

so much for that Nebraska blowout huh

Stunning result after the way they blew the doors off Washington at Seattle.

If I am Bo Pelini I am on my knees for my job, I think this could lead to a change in Lincoln.

Definetley I was thinking the same thing. They need a comeback

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say tomorrow I am rooting for Notre Dame against Miami. I've always considered myself as a somewhat Notre Dame fan. I've been to the campus to see them play USC. And I've still been interested in them after the Brady Quinn era. I'm pretty sure that solidifies me as a "frontrunner" considering I like the Yankees, Cowboys, Duke bball also. So yeah I'm a frontrunner.

I don't think anyone would accuse you of being a frontrunner for following Notre Dame. As for the rest? Yeah, you're definitely a frontrunner. So if the teams you glommed on to start losing do you jump ship and head elsewhere?

Oh no way I've been a Yankees fan for 10 years (I'm 15 btw), a Cowboys fan for 8 years, and a Duke fan for about 6. Most of this comes from my dad, except he likes the Mets instead. I kind of grew up around the Yankees winning every year (I live in NY), so it kind of came naturally. I mean, I'm a frontrunner but it's not like I'm not loyal to my teams.

At five years old my guess is that your motive for following the Yankees wasn't because they win all the time or that it was fashionable to be a Yankees fan. Relax, you're not a frontrunner. You're 15. You're not anything yet. :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

so much for that Nebraska blowout huh

Stunning result after the way they blew the doors off Washington at Seattle.

If I am Bo Pelini I am on my knees for my job, I think this could lead to a change in Lincoln.

You do? It is not like Frank Solish is coming back.

Dr. Tom used the bowl practices to tell Bo to get his head right with ball, due to the rumors that he or his reps talked to Miami and act more like a professional. Overall, that entire program cannot wait go get out of the Big XII and everyone realizes that pressure.

What a BS call on the refs that was not excessive celebration.

And then Tennessee's quarterback gets away with making throat slash gestures after completing a TD against UNC.

Oh well. A few minutes later, he was crying like a little :censored: so I guess it all evens out.

^_^

I was laughing at Tennessee's freshman QB/hair farmer as he was crying on the sidelines. Way to give the throat slash when you're a damn freshman and then choke the game away. Dooley came across as a piece of :censored: coach who's not in control of his players. I'm glad NC won.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

How the :censored: does the salute get penalized but the throat slash doesn't?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yay for the bowl win.

After the whipping Nebraska give the Huskies in Seattle, no way would anyone say that Washington would win against the same Huskers team.

A very nice way to end the Locker era... Now, it's time to introduce Montana's kid into the world and that might be against a possible FCS champion (Washington opens with Eastern Washington next season)

And in no way, shape, or form is FSU better than the Gators. The Gators have won national championships more recently. The Gators routinely have top-five recruiting classes. The 'Noles have beaten the Gators a grand total of once in the past seven years, and that was this year. Let's not overreact to that win and start declaring FSU as the best program in Florida.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And in no way, shape, or form is FSU better than the Gators. The Gators have won national championships more recently. The Gators routinely have top-five recruiting classes. The 'Noles have beaten the Gators a grand total of once in the past seven years, and that was this year. Let's not overreact to that win and start declaring FSU as the best program in Florida.

We're talking about as of 2010 going into 2011, not of all time. But that's a good argument. Either way, that's not the point of that ranking as I indicated by the postscript. The point is, Miami is currently at the bottom of the Florida hierarchy.

Well, they're ahead of Bo&Them @ FAU, so they have that going for em. :lol: Either way, Al Golden's got some work to do.

What's that got to do with this season?

BB52Big.jpg

I'm happy with Florida State getting the Bowl win and I think they are on the rise. I think right now they are better than Florida. It's gonna be great to have something to cheer for as a Noles fan again.

To add to that...pay very close attention to the South Florida/Central Florida programs over the next year or two.

USF has been on the up-and-up for a couple years--I think 2007 was their "coming-out" season, that signature OT win at Auburn probably being their biggest achievement that year. This season, they also had another signature moment, beating Miami down in Coral Gables, which may prove to be a helluva coup for their recruiting. And then yesterday, they went out and beat Clemson in their bowl game.

Then we have Central Florida. I've been watching the Knights over the past couple years, and George O'Leary very quietly has been putting together quite the program down there. The work paid off in the form of their first-ever conference title in '07. Many don't remember this, but just two seasons ago, they played a game against Texas, and gave the Longhorns just about all they could handle for one half (this was the game in which Jordan Shipley went off). That they were able to hang with their Big-12 foes for that half I believe was a huge confidence booster for them. That same year, they also beat then-#12-ranked Houston. Of course, the season didn't end well for them, as they ended up getting rolled on by Rutgers in the St. Petersburg Bowl. This season, they played themselves into the top 25 (at #25), won their second C-USA championship, and then yesterday came up huge against Georgia, knocking down the Bulldogs' last chance in their bowl game. (And now...time to get some better uniforms for those Knights.) Could this have been UCF's "we've arrived" moment? Time will tell.

And then, of course, came Florida State. For that program to have been as down as it has in recent years, Jimbo Fisher and his staff have done one helluva job taking the building blocks Bobby Bowden left them with, poring over attention to detail, reviving FSU's perennial strength (that being their defense), and how have FSU back on the uptick. Kinda funny the ol' ball coach ended up facing his onetime nemesis in the Peach Bowl (I don't care; I'm still calling it that), and even with backup EJ Manuel in there (who I still ain't sold on yet), won pretty daggone big. So yeah, Seminole Nation's got something to feel real good about right now, as right now the Seminoles sit up at the top of (the state of) Florida college football.

Oh but wait...the Gators are not to be outdone. I think Will Muschamp knew exactly what he was doing when he reached out to Charley Weis to bring that pro-style offense to Gainesville. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. UF consistently pulls in one of the nation's top recruiting classes; this should only help, especially with the other college football programs in the state being on the rise. The Gators won't be down for much longer.

Now I can't speak much to what'll occur down in Coral Gables in the coming years, nor can I really speak on FAU or FIU, but suffice it to say the state of Florida is about to become a seriously heated college football hotbed. As a native Floridian (if y'all didn't already know that), this is going to be fun to watch going forward.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Die Michigan Die! Not a good day to be from the State of Michigan or from the Big Ten.

Had to add that on before I end up eating my words as Wisconsin beats TCU.

Oh, and can someone check on TFoA. I think the poor chap might of had a heart attack after what Mississippi State did today to Michigan's rear end.

I loathe Alabama.

I'd take Alabama against anyone in college football right now. Including Auburn and Oregon. (Hell, I'd even bet that Alabama could beat Boise State.) Michigan State was so overmatched in that game it was like watching the Tide take on some FCS school. Michigan State was exposed big time today.

Not that it has anything to do with my post but...I happen to like Alabama. SEC football is just a blast to watch. The only SEC team I don't like is probably Florida and that's more to do with Urban Meyer than the fact that they kicked Ohio State's ass in 2007.

So let's see how Wisconsin does against TCU.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived