At Northwestern:

The typical call and response is our chant:

"Go U!"

"NU!"

In the crappy, 2-win-season days:

"That's all right

That's okay

You'll be working for us someday!"

And we sing the school song after scores.

Big 10 rivalry ones:

Suck it Sparty!

Hoosier Daddy?

Oh, how I hate! Ohio State!"

and X-rated revisions to Michigan and Wisconsin's fight songs.

I Know Penn State has a chant that starts with one end of the stadium saying "WE ARE!" and the other saying "PENN STATE". That's also used as a slogan on T-Shirts and stuff.

Marshall does that too. Hence the name of the film, We Are Marshall.

I doubt it sounds like

though.. :grin:

This is more a basketball thing, but the band will play "Born to be Wild," and the band/fans sing the "Born to be Wild" part, but they add "Cats!" onto the end, after which a wildcat growl is played over the PA system and the band/fans do the cat-scratch gesture. Also, for the first four minutes of every basketball game before the first media timeout, when the opponents have the ball, the student section yells "BOING!" every time they dribble, "PASS!" every time they pass, an ascending "OOOOOOH!" when they hold onto it and count the dribbles/take a deep breath/yell "BREATHE!" every time they're taking foul shots.

Perhaps this thread should be expanded to "College Sports Chants" because I've got plenty more that aren't football, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

South Florida has the usual "GO BULLS!" and then there's times when 1/2 the stadium says "GREEN" and the other half says "GOLD"

The middle of the fight song has lyrics that go "S-O-U-T-H (PAUSE) F-L-O-R-I-D-A, SOUTH, FLORIDA,SOUTH, FLORIDA...GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BULLLS!"

PITT:

Slogan:

Hail to Pitt

Chant:

"P!....I!....T!....T!....P!..I!..T!..T!..P!-I!-T!-T! Lets Go Pitt!

or

(obviously) "Let's go Pitt!"

I haven't been to a Pitt game in years, but do they still yell "Penn State sucks" during the fight song?

Neither have I, but I doubt it. Penn State and Pitt haven't played in forever in football thanks to JoePa, and Pitt is way better in basketball :P , so the rivalry seems to have really died down.

oBIgzrL.png

At Northwestern:

In the crappy, 2-win-season days:

"That's all right

That's okay

You'll be working for us someday!"

Similar chants can be heard from the Commodore supporters at Vanderbilt home games. The last line has also been heard as "You'll be pumping our gas someday." They're usually outnumbered by the opponent. It's a chance for fans of the other schools to see their team in (what amounts to big-city in the SEC) Nashville. Does nothing to cement the elitist nature of Vanderbilt - but whatever, I'm still a proud alumnus.

Also, when the Vandy fight song winds down, the last part goes into V! A! N! D! Y! VANDY! VANDY! AW HELL YEAH!

One last one ... when the band breaks into Rock n Roll Part 2 ... after each HEY!, there's a GO 'DORES!, then after the last HEY! GO 'DORES! is a WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU! The Go 'Dores part, unique ... the rest, perhaps not so much.

UCF - zombie nation (they play the song during the games)

Everybody plays Zombie Nation.

True enough ... Penn State's even able to incorporate the WE, ARE, PENN, STATE after all the O's in the chorus.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

One last one ... when the band breaks into Rock n Roll Part 2 ... after each HEY!, there's a GO 'DORES!, then after the last HEY! GO 'DORES! is a WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU! The Go 'Dores part, unique ... the rest, perhaps not so much.

At Arizona games, for Rock n Roll Part 2, instead of yelling "HEY!" we yell "U!" "of!" "A!" in sequence. When it gets to the drum part, we yell the full "U of A!"

The sound quality in the video is terrible, but it should give you an idea of what I mean.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That reminds me...I've got to get down to a Wisconsin Badgers game this year. The 5th Quarter by the UW Band is unparalleled in college football. B)

Love the shaking of the keys and the "OooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOAAHHHH!" at kickoff.

Hope I see

Or maybe

Or

Or the ever-popular "eat :censored:, :censored: you".

And the BEST THING EVER...

..."Jump Around." (Right, Miami?)

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

I Know Penn State has a chant that starts with one end of the stadium saying "WE ARE!" and the other saying "PENN STATE". That's also used as a slogan on T-Shirts and stuff.

Marshall does that too. Hence the name of the film, We Are Marshall.

I doubt it sounds like

though.. :grin:

Now that is a whiteout! Take notes, every NBA team that hands out colored shirts in the postseason

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

One christmas I got a Bucky Badger doll that played "On Wisconsin" and chanted "LETS... GO... RED!" but I can't say I recall ever hearing that chanted at a game.

Ohio States chant is - O-H...I-O

"O-H" "I-O" was the first one I listed, but they also have each side of the stadium (North, West, South, and East) call out one letter starting the chant at Block O. Or at least they did when I was at school there.

Archived