College Football Chants

dbackdiehard17

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, "The Eyes of Texas" is the school song, "Texas Our Texas" is the state song.

SMU: Buck 'Em 'Stangs

West Texas A&M (West Texas State): Rush 'Em and Wreck 'Em.

Texas A&M: Gig 'Em Aggies

U of Houston: Eat'Em Up, Eat 'Em Up, Rah, Rah, Rah.

Baylor: Sic 'Em Bears.

Texas Tech: Guns Up.

Ole Miss:

Hoddy Toddy, Gosh Awmighty

Who The Hell Are We?

Flim, Flam, Bim, Bam

Ole Miss By Damn

Tulane: Roll Wave

Alabama: Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer

Kansas State: EMAW (every man a Wildcat)

FsQiF2W.png

Arizona State: "Fork 'Em Devils" and "GOOOO... DEVILSSSS!" (alternate sides of the stadium as is the tradition with these two word/syllable chants :P ) and "A! S! U!" with the beat of trumpets at the outro of the fight song.

USC: "Fight On"

UCLA: With a constant clapping in the back, "U... C... L... A... U! C! L! A! UCLA, Fight! Fight! Fight!"

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Michigan: Lets go Blue

Arizona State: Fork Em' Devils

Arizona State: "Win or Lose, We Still Booze!"

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

There's actually 120 FBS teams and there will be 122 when South Alabama and Texas-San Antonio complete the transition.

As far as slogans, that's too damn hard to compile as teams adopt new slogans and sometimes even have multiple slogans.

For FSU there's F-S-U Cheer (or Bop Cheer), the War Chant, Go, Noles, Go! (Ripoff of Green Bay's Go, Pack, Go!), and a few more that I know that are more Chiefs specific.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Michigan: Lets go Blue

Arizona State: Fork Em' Devils

Arizona State: "Win or Lose, We Still Booze!"

I think I heard that chant more at Mill Avenue than I would Sun Devil Stadium or around campus

Arizona has the standard "U of A!" and "A-ri-zo-na!" We also have "[expletive] the Devils!" when the Scummies are in town. There's also the 2nd and 4th quarter slow U of A chant, when the east side of the stadium yells "U," the north/south sides yell "of" and the west side yells "A."

There's also the long chant after Bear Down, Arizona gets played:

A-R-I-Z-O-N-A!

A-R-I-Z-O-N-A!

A-R-I-Z-O-N-A!

Go A-R-I-Z-O-N-A!

W-I-L-D Cats! (Say what?)

W-I-L-D Wildcats! (That's right!)

W-I-L-D Cats!

Go wild about those Cats!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Clemson:

Fists pump with each letter "C - L - E - M - S - O (circle fist in "O" shape) - N"

"(quickly) C-L-E-M-S-O-N (pause) T-I-G-E-(drawn out)R-S -(pause) Fight Tigers, Fight Tigers, Fight, Fight, Fight!"

Another Michigan one:

It's great...

to be...

a Michigan Wolverine

This one certainly isn't exclusive to Michigan.

There's "I say it's great.. to be.. a Tennessee Vol" (almost always used when winning at the end of a game by a secure margin) and I've heard "It's great.. to be.. a Florida Gator" also.

There's no telling where it started, but I just like to think it's originally UT's chant, seeing as it's the only one that is said without a pause or slowing of one the words to make it fit.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

For West Virginia University:

Mostly during pauses in the action (reviews, time outs, injured Mountaineer players) and sometimes during the action (especially during third and fourth down attempts for the opposing team), the east side of Mylan Puskar Stadium shouts "LET'S GO!" and then the west side (on which I sit) returns "MOUNTAINEERS!" (Haha, thinking about that stands the hair up on the back of my neck a bit. Is it football season yet?)

Then there's the more generic "Let's gooooooo Mountaineers."

For first downs, before it is announced by the PA man, the fans make noise as before a kick-off, put up their arms/hands and do (for lack of a better term) spirit-fingers until the first down is announced. At that point, the arms are dropped three times, once for each letter shouted: "W! V! U!" and then a clap and then signalling first down like a referee would while shouting, "First down!"

And of course, Country Roads is sung after every game, basketball and football (plus the other sports probably, though I've not been to any of those).

PITT:

Slogan:

Hail to Pitt

Chant:

"P!....I!....T!....T!....P!..I!..T!..T!..P!-I!-T!-T! Lets Go Pitt!

or

(obviously) "Let's go Pitt!"

For you, Maz et al:

And this is more of a WVU slogan than a cheer, but there are many posters/signs/t-shirts/etc. that go around that say simply "BEAT PITT" on them.

Of course there's also "Eat :censored:, Pitt." But I don't particularly care for that one as it's pretty classless and doesn't have nearly the same tradition that "Beat Pitt" does.

Archived