Unpopular Opinions

I'm with you on  the Dolphins.

• Dislike 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As far as the Texans’ new set goes, I would gladly take the gaudy H-Town Blue set with red socks over their regular home set with white pants and white socks (both of which they have modeled, so it isn’t just a hypothetical). 

• Like 3

On 4/16/2024 at 11:31 AM, GrayJ12 said:

I don't see the whole point of the argument for the recent revival of the Oilers color scheme/vibe for the Texans and the Titans. Yes, both teams have valid claims, and it is part of both of their histories (to an extent). It would be easier if both teams just laid off the claims. I feel like we might be focusing too much on the past. The era of the Oilers is done and finished.

For me it’s just kind of about nobody wanting to claim Columbia blue. I would be fine with the Titans doing what they did for part of the Fisher era and going with Columbia blue for their main color and navy for their secondary. 

22 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

As far as the Texans’ new s

Haha, @jamesizzo, the page forcibly reloads itself a lot, sometimes losing the message I’m composing in the process. It reloaded as I was typing the word “set” this time. I don’t think I hit the post button, but sometimes the box does jump around the screen. 

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Haha, @jamesizzo, the page forcibly reloads itself a lot, sometimes losing the message I’m composing in the process. It reloaded as I was typing the word “set” this time. I don’t think I hit the post button, but sometimes the box does jump around the screen. 

oh my bad

Watch Katt Williams: Woke Foke | Netflix Official Site

Pro sports font sets should NEVER contain an open-topped 4.

Close your 4s, bros.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Pro sports font sets should NEVER contain an open-topped 4.

Close your 4s, bros.

I hope you've misplaced this comment (i.e., I hope this is a popular opinion).

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

the Mets' City Connect is actually really good, since apparently that's an unpopular opinion for some reason. would it be better with pinstriped grey pants? yes, but in all honesty (and here's a two-fer), white pants look good with literally any color jersey in baseball.

• Like 3

53Ocz8U.png

On 4/20/2024 at 7:21 PM, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t understand why so many people want the Jets to have a Namath throwback. The uniform isn’t good.

Its because the Jets won the Super Bowl when he was there. That being said...spacer.png

In my opinion: Including a black uniform screams Philadelphia and the front collars ruin the look due the modern cut of the jersey. These jerseys are just... meh today. But the Logo is still great! The recent past uniforms were not bad, but could have been better if they emphasized the now current logo from the jump.

• Like 4

On 5/1/2024 at 2:57 PM, FroBroStudio said:

Its because the Jets won the Super Bowl when he was there. That being said...

Or because some people think it's a good uniform.  People like me.  Put a decent helmet logo on it and it's a solid-traditional look.

The new NYSE ones are fine, but the Jets "iconic look" will always be the white-lidded Namath-based sets.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The 2015 Browns uniform is my all time favorite NFL uniform design. Specially when paired with orange pants the look it created was absolutely perfect for a modern NFL uniform.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Huh? 1

3 hours ago, Pabig93 said:

The 2015 Browns uniform is my all time favorite NFL uniform design. Specially when paired with orange pants the look it created was absolutely perfect for a modern NFL uniform.

Most unpopular opinion of all time confirmed

• Like 4
  • WOAH 1

On 4/16/2024 at 8:31 AM, GrayJ12 said:

I don't see the whole point of the argument for the recent revival of the Oilers color scheme/vibe for the Texans and the Titans. Yes, both teams have valid claims, and it is part of both of their histories (to an extent). It would be easier if both teams just laid off the claims. I feel like we might be focusing too much on the past. The era of the Oilers is done and finished.

I'm a Nashville born Titans fan and completely agree. Wearing the Oilers gear for one game every three to four years as nod to history and Oilers fans who are still loyal to the Titans is fine but anything more is overkill. While the Oilers preceded the Titans it feels weird as a Nashville fan to embrace what was iconic in another city. I think it's really strange that Houston wants a part of it when they really put forth minimal effort to retain the team. 

Its popularity shows how poorly the Titans executed their last redesign. Instead of being the southeastern version of the Seahawks, the Titans on-field look should be balanced between navy and light blue. Fan merchandise should be heavily skewed toward light blue. Even in the much maligned-current set, the Titans look great to acceptable in any of the following sets: light blue jersey/white pants,   navy jersey/light blue pants,  white jersey/light blue pants. 

I'm working on a Titans concept with a poster here, exploring a look/branding idea that nobody has thought of for the Titans. Hopefully we can share it soon.

Not sure if these are unpopular but they might be.

1. Bills need to wear a red helmet. I grew up in the 90s and they just don't look right without a red lid. I feel like if they went back to the 90s look it'd be a huge upgrade.

2. Not sure what the consensus is on this matter, but the Saints should always wear gold pants. 

3. I really like the ornithological correct Oriole logo and feel like it could work as a sleeve logo even with the cartoon bird hat. I like the cartoon logo also. I just see no reason why those two logos have to be mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

After seeing this in the Football Uniform Appreciation thread - the Ravens need to drop the drop-shadows and bring the original font style back. Would probably look even better on the smaller pads of today. 

And bring back the bird (or even front-facing bird head) on the sleeves.  

spacer.png

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 hours ago, Rebuy said:

2. Not sure what the consensus is on this matter, but the Saints should always wear gold pants. 

I think the consensus is they should be wearing GOLD pants, not black or khaki.  

• Like 1