Just Wanting Some Feedback On This....

robbman21

I was just wondering what everyone's opinions of the NHL's dark home jerseys were now that we've had a full season and now a first-round of playoffs to get used to them.Personally I'm STILL not used to seeing my Dallas Stars in the black and green at home.All through the playoffs I've had to stop and catch myself when the home team scores a goal when I think there's more visiting fans there than the home crowd.I figured by now it would be no biggie but I'm still having to remind myself of this.Maybe I'm the only one having a hard time with it but I just like the white at home better I do believe.The only time I was dead-on was when the Stars played the Ducks on a Sunday in March,the Stars wore white at home and the Ducks wore their alternate,which I still think is a Jays' crossover.Ironically when I turned over to watch this game I thought it was in Anaheim and this is probably the only time all year I anitcipated the dark-for-home colors and I was STILL wrong.Thoughts??

98Falcons.png

It's still weird to look at. I see black Bruins shirts, I instinctively think "road team". How can teams copy Winnipeg's old "white out at home" if they wear the dark jerseys? I don't mind once in a while, especially agianst an original 6 team, or a division opponent you play 8 times. But if you are a seaosn ticket holder, it's very boring to see [insert home team color here] and white, every game, 40 times a year. Some things take time to get used to, others still are difficult to change.

I remember back in 1994 when a lot of TV affiliates switched networks in the Eastern U.S. In Boston, I grew up with channel 4 as NBC, channel 7 as CBS. They switched networks at that time. Even now, 10 years later, my instinct is to turn to 4 for NBC shows.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well once upon a time they wore dark at home & then switched---so some people are probably happy--personally I'm okay with it--the CFL usually does it--so do most NFL teams...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Well I'm kinda bummed that the Leafs have to use those wonderful white alternates away from home now... but other than that, I don't mind it. It does give leeway for the usual coloured alt. jerseys to be used at home though.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I like it. Or course, I am not 100% fond of my team's white jersey, so that plays into it. I've always thought that the most 'team' oriented thing you can do, is to wear your colors. So, why, when you are at a game, wearing your colors, are the players you support, out there on the ice in white? Seems contrary to me.

The alternates at home is a good thoguht, braden. Makes it a lot easier logistically for your home team to switch up what jersey they wear, if they dont have to ask the other team to bring white.

I hope they stick with it for a while.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I've gotten used to it. I'm glad I'm not a Wings fan, though (all-red hurts my eyes). I wish the NBA would switch to darks at home for one reason... Let's say you're playing a game in Boston, who's court is painted green and white. Your team is next year's Charlotte Bobcats (who could easily wear orange on the road). It just looks weird to me to see the floor painted one color and the dark jerseys being a different, possibly clashing color. The NBA needs to follow the NFL and NHL into this.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

This type of conversation is exactly what the NHL wanted when the league decided to make this switch for two seasons. The league doesn't care whether fans like it or not. They just want people to talk about it. It's just another topic of conversation about the league and hockey in general.

Have the replica jersey sales numbers increased after one season of this change? It would be interesting to find out. Only the NHL knows.

I like the change, I think. It makes more sense to me that a team will wear it's unique jerseys, in its unique colors, in its unique building in front of its unique fans. Many white jerseys tend to look the same to me, but the league is full of different colored dark jerseys that make each team different from the others.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

White jerseys are in general better. They have more contrast.

I can say with lots of confidence that the Blues white jersey is the best in the NHL. Their blue jersey looks good, and gives them a great set, but is it the best? I dunno.

The white just has so much better contrast. Off hand I can think of only one dark jersey I like better, and that is the Habs.

i think there is enough color in the whites for you to get a variation, and I agree with Mockba that the whites are generally better and also that the blues have a great white jersey, so much better than those fivelined music deals with the slanted numbers they wore previously.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

i think there is enough color in the whites for you to get a variation, and I agree with Mockba that the whites are generally better and also that the blues have a great white jersey, so much better than those fivelined music deals with the slanted numbers they wore previously.

Y'know, while I agree with him, let's not mix up STL and me, eh? ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

i say they do it like this: wear white at home for the first half of the year, then wear dark at home, then switch back to whites for the playoffs. i know the IHL used to do it this way, and the AHL too if i'm not mistaken.

how they have it now, i'm okay with it, but it's made me realize teh Avs need to change the black outline on the maroon jersey to silver.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Overwhelmingly, it doesn't matter what colors they wear, as long as it is different than the other team!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived