2010-11 European soccer outpost

Saintsfan

Arsenal's good form away from the Emirates continues with a 4-2 win over Villa. And as a result, they are on top of the Premiership...for now.

... that was until Berbatov scores five goals on Blackburn... also noteworthy, FC United of Manchester earned a replay in the 2nd round FA Cup tie against League One's Brighton.

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of quick headlines that are noteworthy, first off this was the first round of Premier League fixtures when every team scored, ever since the EPL split from the Football League.

Secondly in the FA Cup 3rd Round Man United and Liverpool were drawn against each other!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

What an exhilarating victory over Madrid for my Catalans. They absolutely schooled Madrid on how to play football the right way. Jose Mourinho ran with his tail tucked between his legs. Wonderful effort from Xavi, Messi, Villa and the boys! 5-0! VISCA BARCA!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• 4 weeks later...

So Blackpool is 8th in the table right now. This seriously reminds me of when I won the Premiership w/ Blackpool in FIFA 06 because they're in the same position that I had them in at this point...except I ended up winning the Premiership with like 75 points, which IRL would leave you probably 5-10 points behind. :lol:

Either way, great to see Blackpool is playing this well.

The Metrodome is not the only venue with roof issues

Heavy snowfall in Germany has caused part of the roof to collapse at the Veltins Arena, which hosts Bundesliga soccer team Schalke 04. The Bundesliga is currently on its winter break, with Schalke not scheduled to play at the Veltins Arena until the January 15 clash with Hamburg. But that match is not thought to be in danger, as it can be played with the roof open.

I'll be first to get my picks in for the round of 16 of the Champions League

AS Roma (ITA) vs. FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

AC Milan (ITA) vs. Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)

Valencia CF (ESP) vs. FC Schalke 04 (GER)

FC Internazionale Milano (ITA) vs. Bayern München (GER)

Olympique Lyonnais (FRA) vs. Real Madrid (ESP)

Arsenal (ENG) vs. FC Barcelona (ESP)

Olympique de Marseille (FRA) vs. Manchester United (ENG)

FC København (DEN) vs. Chelsea FC (ENG)

Should be an interesting round with a finals rematch, one or two really tight looking match-ups

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

The Metrodome is not the only venue with roof issues

Heavy snowfall in Germany has caused part of the roof to collapse at the Veltins Arena, which hosts Bundesliga soccer team Schalke 04. The Bundesliga is currently on its winter break, with Schalke not scheduled to play at the Veltins Arena until the January 15 clash with Hamburg. But that match is not thought to be in danger, as it can be played with the roof open.

Interesting... a biathlon World Team Challenge

I saw, I came, I left.

David Bechkam should be returning to England in about a week. A loan to Spurs is all but official, and he's most likely going to make his first appearence next Sunday against Manchester United.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Liverpool and Roy Hodgson have parted company 'by mutual consent'. Good coach whoo had a tough time at a club who've fallen behind big competitors quickly. Kenny Dalglish back in charge, at least until the end of the season.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

"If you'd said we would take 6 points off Liverpool this season, I'd have said you're doo-lally and given you a straitjacket" - Blackpool manager Ian Holloway.

Seriously, who would've bet on Blackpool sweeping Liverpool this season?!

Damn, Blackpool are 9th with a game or two in hand on most teams. They might even get up to 6th... gee and we're even talking about Liverpool edging closer to relegation at this point in the season...

I saw, I came, I left.

My goodness Aston Villa sucks this year and Gerard Houllier needs to be fired.

Absolutely not.

Meh, I look at it as a team that finished 6th in the table the last 3 years (and should be contending for a Champions League spot) is in the Relegation Zone. I don't get it. Something isn't working.

6fQjS3M.png

My goodness Aston Villa sucks this year and Gerard Houllier needs to be fired.

Absolutely not.

Meh, I look at it as a team that finished 6th in the table the last 3 years (and should be contending for a Champions League spot) is in the Relegation Zone. I don't get it. Something isn't working.

When Milner was sold, and MON walked out five days before the season, I knew there was no way a top half finish was coming. I like the injection of youth with Albrighton, Bannan, Clark, Lichaj, etc. There's been a crap ton of injuries to deal with this season, and at some point they'll turn it around. Not sure anyone else could do any better right now.

Archived