2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moss got them a third-rounder - which, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the Pats have gotten a third-rounder as compensation when Moss would have inevitably walked after the season?

Regardless, Moss was a boneheaded trade and Deion Branch won't fix their now-potentially-problematic offense.

No one expects Deion Branch to be Randy Moss on the field. But apparently they feel that Moss was tearing the team apart and having Branch there and loved by everyone (esp. Brady) is better for the team than Moss being detrimental. I don't think that this kills the offense (and if it did, no one expects Branch to be the answer anyway), but I guess we just have to roll with it. Although I do wonder if having Branch and Moss couldn't have rectified things at all.

Apparently, since Moss is a 10-year guy or something, he only would have netted a 5th-rounder.

Edit: Sizemore, they basically traded Maroney for Branch, which, all things considered, is actually pretty good.

Moss got them a third-rounder - which, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the Pats have gotten a third-rounder as compensation when Moss would have inevitably walked after the season?

Regardless, Moss was a boneheaded trade and Deion Branch won't fix their now-potentially-problematic offense.

No one expects Deion Branch to be Randy Moss on the field. But apparently they feel that Moss was tearing the team apart and having Branch there and loved by everyone (esp. Brady) is better for the team than Moss being detrimental. I don't think that this kills the offense (and if it did, no one expects Branch to be the answer anyway), but I guess we just have to roll with it. Although I do wonder if having Branch and Moss couldn't have rectified things at all.

Apparently, since Moss is a 10-year guy or something, he only would have netted a 5th-rounder.

Edit: Sizemore, they basically traded Maroney for Branch, which, all things considered, is actually pretty good.

Then it's a great trade. ^_^

6fQjS3M.png

I don't think that this kills the offense (and if it did, no one expects Branch to be the answer anyway), but I guess we just have to roll with it.

It might not totally kill the offense, but Welker's going to be double-covered, Brandon Tate is unproven for the #2 wideout spot, and opposing defenses are going to be able to pressure Brady more without worrying about Moss burning them deep. In addition to that, if the Patriots continue to outsmart themselves and constantly trade down during the draft, there will be serious cause for concern in Foxboro in a couple of years.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't think that this kills the offense (and if it did, no one expects Branch to be the answer anyway), but I guess we just have to roll with it.

It might not totally kill the offense, but Welker's going to be double-covered, Brandon Tate is unproven for the #2 wideout spot, and opposing defenses are going to be able to pressure Brady more without worrying about Moss burning them deep. In addition to that, if the Patriots continue to outsmart themselves and constantly trade down during the draft, there will be serious cause for concern in Foxboro in a couple of years.

In the past ten years, the Patriots lead the NFL in wins, division titles, conference titles, and Super Bowl championships.

Lets not second-guess their methods just yet.

Well, for Pete's sake, you make it sound like it's impossible to pass the ball and win if a team does not have Randy Moss. In fact, it has not been dis-proven yet that it is physically possible to win a Super Bowl with Randy Moss. ;) But seriously, they won it three times with not even one receiver, maybe save Branch in 04-05, who is as good as Welker is now. Those receiving corps were basically crap but they were productive enough in the offense they had back then. It will take a different style of offense sure, but that doesn't mean it has to suck now. It just might have to be more like it was in the days when they (gasp!) only won three SBs. And we will have to agree to disagree about the drafting -- so far recently, BB has yet to truly outsmart anyone except the teams he has traded picks with, IMO.

Holy :censored: at this rain.

Jed York: 49ers will still win NFC West

Yup, 0-5 and still wondering how can we win the division. I can pretty much guarantee the problems they're having, it won't happen

I guess he got access to some medical Marijuana

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Jed York: 49ers will still win NFC West

Yup, 0-5 and still wondering how can we win the division. I can pretty much guarantee the problems they're having, it won't happen

It wouldn't exactly be a surprise if they did. The NFC West is terrible.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Wish it was snow. Pats-Titans last year anyone!?

Alright so the Vikings are garbage. Thank god for the defense holding the Jest to just 9.

Mother Nature had more to do with holding the Jets than the Vikings on that last drive.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I've been holding this inside myself since week 2, but I think it's time to finally get it off my chest.

Tarvaris Jackson is a better QB option for the Vikes than Favre right now. Favre is clearly not into it this season. Put the ball into T-Jack's hand and get that adrenaline pumping. Young, fresh legs and all. I think it's what the Vikings need. Tarvaris isn't bad. Bleh, this season feels wrong in so many ways. Part of me hopes Favre does get suspended a game.

So is Favre NOT just having fun out there?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So is Favre NOT just having fun out there?

But of course he is! He's just like a kid down there, remember?

His favorite game is "I'll show you mine, You show me yours"...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived