What would you like to see in MLB for 2011 season?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

I would like to see the Blue Jays update this logo and uniforms. I'd probably go with a different front.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gif

I wouldn't mind seeing them replicate the style of their current road uni into a home and an alt, meaning that the script font and number font can be carried over onto something that says "BLUE JAYS".

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be the wordmark on the Angels' jerseys (both road and home):

up74vlje72c8ggy4uxbkh3rhn.gif

It's better than the bland wordmark they currently put on the jerseys:

tu65jfvfc5ltgjc8itumdfl8x.gif

The hats should be navy with a red bill:

321juronfc6yktd2umffx27fn.gif

Disagree. Flat wordmarks look much better on jerseys. Save the gradients for print medium.

Disagree. Flat wordmarks look much better on jerseys. Save the gradients for print medium.

I agree with you on that, but actually that's a bevel, not a gradient. Plus arched letters look better on the front of a jersey than straight horizontal, at least in the Angels' case it does.

Chicago Cubs- Fine as they are, if only they would wear the blue alternates sparingly. Oh, also, lose the NL patch from said alternates.

You don't like the NL patch? I know I'm in the minority when I say that I really like the Cubs' blue alternate, but my favorite part of that specific jersey is the NL patch. It's unique.

i agree, and actually i want to see the blue more often. not to mention for years the cubs official road uniform was a blue top and pure WHITE pants. i want to see more color in baseball uniforms. every game is white versus gray, and i must say visually its bland and boring. i don't know of any televisions made today that are of the black and white variety. many props to the astros for adopting (unofficially) the brick red tops as their road unis.

i'll say this as a general statement- i want to see every team with a team colored top.

oh, and bring back the cubs road cap please. red is a team color too and if we have to wear gray i want as many team colors prominent as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Chicago Cubs- Fine as they are, if only they would wear the blue alternates sparingly. Oh, also, lose the NL patch from said alternates.

You don't like the NL patch? I know I'm in the minority when I say that I really like the Cubs' blue alternate, but my favorite part of that specific jersey is the NL patch. It's unique.

i agree, and actually i want to see the blue more often. not to mention for years the cubs official road uniform was a blue top and pure WHITE pants. i want to see more color in baseball uniforms. every game is white versus gray, and i must say visually its bland and boring. i don't know of any televisions made today that are of the black and white variety. many props to the astros for adopting (unofficially) the brick red tops as their road unis.

i'll say this as a general statement- i want to see every team with a team colored top.

oh, and bring back the cubs road cap please. red is a team color too and if we have to wear gray i want as many team colors prominent as possible.

My idea for the Cubs would be highly controversial, but I say get rid of the C with ubs inside of it. Yes, I know they have had it for a long time, 1909 to be exact (the year after they last won the World Series). I think they should keep some form of the bear in the C logo, though. Who knows, they may just win the World Series the first year with the new logo.

No they won't, because changing logos won't teach them what a farm system is.

None of the Cubs bear logos were very good. Your idea is bad.

There are only two team colors and there's already plenty of red without a garish mismatched bill. There's too much red on the grey jerseys as is. The names and numbers should be blue outlined in red on the road as at home.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

what id like to see happen:

Mets - drop black from anything on field, go with a blue alternate with orange letters, numbers and piping, maybe blue hat with ornage bill.

deleted everything else because i really couldnt care less what they do, they're not my team.

Agree 1000000% Plus they need to empty house completely...Bring back Bobby V.

• 3 weeks later...

As a Mariners fan, I find all the love for the navy hat with the teal brim interesting. I like it myself, just didnt realize it was so popular outside the northwest. As for the Mariners, I'd love to see them use the trident logo (without the star) the current colors (silver with teal outline) on a dark, solid navy hat...kinda like the Everett AquaSox hat seen here.

Road_Fitted_300.jpg

SEAsig.png

• 2 weeks later...

NL EAST:

Mets - no more black. anywhere. at all. period. oh, and more pinstripes.

Braves - the all blue look has GOT to go. including the hat.

Nationals - i don't care what they do, as long as everything matches.

Phillies - nothing

Marlins - no more black. embrace your "unique" color scheme, don't hide it.

NL Central:

Reds - black trim, only. your name is "Reds", there is no need for black.

Cubs - come up with a road jersey that works. the blue thing is too "batting practice-y"

Cardinals - red hats only.

Pirates - get rid of the black jersey with the P. just make a separate black and white version of the home.

Brewers - nothing

Astros - embrace the brick......and the pinstripes.

NL WEST:

Dodgers - have always hated the red front numbers. add white backdrop to letters/numbers.

Rockies - SEE: Marlins

Giants - ditch the orange alt.

Padres - MORE SAND.

Diamondbacks - nothing

AL EAST:

Yankees - blow up the stadium. make sure Jeter is inside.

Red Sox - the blue alts are horrible.

Tampa Bay - ditch the light blue alt. take the ray off the shoulder.

Orioles - Drop the Spaghetti-O's hat. and the black alt. and the redundant "Baltimore" script everywhere.

Toronto - SEE: Reds. substitute the word "Red" for "blue".

AL CENTRAL:

White Sox - ....eh.

Indians - go back to the late 90's, early 00's version of everything.

Twins - cream home primary.

Royals - less light blue, more ROYAL blue. no black. anywhere. if you need trim, use gold. get it?

Tigers - use orange on both or neither.

AL WEST:

Rangers - NO MORE RED ALT.

Mariners - ditch the alt or make it match.

Angels - nothing.

Athletics - SEE: Marlins/Rockies

SigReflect.png

That's the last thing the Astros need to do. They need a do-over with navy blue (and either orange and gold), since it was part of their identity for 38 seasons.

That's the last thing the Astros need to do. They need a do-over with navy blue (and either orange and gold), since it was part of their identity for 38 seasons.

I don't care who it is, but I'll come out with the same thing I yell at the mirror every year: someone needs to do either navy and gold, navy and yellow, blue and yellow or blue and gold. Milwaukee comes close with the throwback but I want a team with those 2 colors as the primaries. I'd take the 'Stros; I'd take Seattle too. I don't care what anyone says; I'd kill to see the Mariners 81-86 hat for 2011: Seattle-Mariners-1981-86_382E02D1.jpgI know it ain't happening. But this thread's all about dreams.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I really think the Red Sox made a mistke when they changed from the red-lettered version of their road uniforms prior to the 2009 season. I did like the update of both the hanging sox and circle logos. The only problem now is that the BOSTON on the circle logo is RED. That would have been a smart change had they kept the old uniform set. Now, with the blue BOSTON on the shirts, I believe the logo should follow suit.

Even though I personally don't like the alternate jerseys or names on the backs, I am proposing this set below. I feel if the Red Sox continue to use names on their jerseys they should switch the font to match the lettering front of the jerseys. I also really like the old double piping on the sleeves and down the placket from the Ted Williams days. The 1975 style hat seems to have many supporters out there so I am including that as an alternate.

4813331247_314d74297d_b.jpg

This is great but I would just be happy with blue under sleeves and proper stirrups.

Jays -- back to the world series era, or atleast a respectful update of it (I think it would sell like proverbial hotcakes.)

Tigers -- they should be wearing a road similar to yanks/redsox -- gray with navy block detroit script, or the gray version of the home someone else mentioned...a tiny bit of orange if needed.

Astros -- back to the navy and orange, the old (like early 90s I believe) logos and wordmark were perfection

D-backs -- lose the "d-backs" wordmark - painfully stupid

Pirates -- a yellow hat w/black brim would be nice...otherwise great (never wanna see red anywhere near them again)

Rays -- as I often say in matters unrelated to baseball, "bring back the devil." Never liked any of their looks really. Not sure what to do with them - Definitely play up the beast, and play down the 'glint.'

Angels -- I really loved their 80's look. At the very least, I'd like to see some gold (like the halo for starters)

Brewers -- they look alright -- I'd prefer the BiG, and the rest of that look MINUS PINSTRIPES. Would be fine in navy and gold instead of royal/yellow if necessary

Phillies -- Back to the maroon, or atleast a noticeably darker red. The old logo would be cool too, though the current stuff is fine.

Orioles -- lose the "O's" hat. Don't really care for the orange brim either

Mets -- no more black, and they look better sans pinstripes

A's -- no more black

Mariners -- I really don't like the teal brim hat. Maybe if the teal was more greenish...

Indians -- They're fine, but I really love the current alternate, and think the whole look should porbably be built around it

Padres -- definitely a modernized version of the brown/yellow/orange. It'd be among the most popular looks around, and would fly off the shelf. Make the brown super dark, almost black, with the outstanding early 80;s wordmark

Nats -- I'm kinda ok with their current get up. I like the navy hat with cury W....I like an even distribution of red and navy (the current homes are a bit too red)

Everyone else is fine in my book. The Blue Jays and Padres changes seem the most painfully obvious to me. My mind is good and blown the powers that be in each organization hasn't come to the realization yet. The Astros are close behind....their look is so incongruent with their name and city right now.

Archived