Tackle Twill Stitched Logos/Numbers

TornadoGTS

did you ever get around to making that pryor one?

Nope, been really busy plus just got done moving, so I'm very limited.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Bumping this because I got a request to do this one, and recently got some better resources, so wanted to use them lol.

(Click Pic)

th_CJ28TwillStitch-Navy.png

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

This is nitpicky, but these are really good, so I want to see them be as accurate as possible. NFL teams, and actually, most teams in general, use the kiss-cut technique when applying outlines to numerals. Kiss-cut is where the fill layer of the number is underneath the outline.

So, in your Titans example here, you have a big layer of light blue twill (the outline layer) and a smaller layer of white twill (the fill layer) stitched down on top of it. In actuality, the white (fill) layer of the number is on the bottom and the light blue (outline) layer (with the center knocked out) is stitched down to the edge of the white (fill) layer. When you run your hand across it, the outline is actually raised up above the center part of the number, and obviously the zigzag stitch runs along the inner and outer edge of the outline, rather than running along the outer edge of the outline and outer edge of the fill.

Have you shared this technique with the board? I bet people would have a lot of fun creating these.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Have you shared this technique with the board? I bet people would have a lot of fun creating these.

I got the idea/technique from a thread on here lol.

Horray, this is back! :) I hope you get around to filling the remaining requests.

Here's yours:

(Click Pic)

th_DevAroTwillStitch-R.png

Do you have a link for the thread, a tutorial for your particular technique, or a resource for the mesh pattern, things like that? You've got a really cool technique going on here. I'd love to try my own.

By the way, here's an example of the kiss-cut technique. You can see how the outline itself is a separate piece of twill that's sewn right on top of the center part of the number. Also gives you an idea of where to put the zigzag stitching (both lines of stitching are on the outline, none on the center part of the number.

img5869678.jpg

For three-color numbers, the innermost outline is affixed to the center part of the number first, then the outermost outline is stitched on the same way as it is for a two-color number. Imagine how much weight (and twill!) they're saving by doing it this way. Can you imagine how stiff three complete layers of twill stacked on top of each other was?

2626_4.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Do you have a link for the thread, a tutorial for your particular technique, or a resource for the mesh pattern, things like that? You've got a really cool technique going on here. I'd love to try my own.

By the way, here's an example of the kiss-cut technique.

I knew what you meant the first time, I have a good number of authentic jerseys, I know how they are stitched. But I've been specifically doing it this way because I think it looks better this way for this particular style/technique, plus gives it a little depth.

if you're still taking requests an Aaron Rodgers one in the green jersey as well as a Clay Matthews in the green packers jersey would be awesome. Both of them at 1600x1200 please!

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Horray, this is back! :) I hope you get around to filling the remaining requests.

Here's yours:

(Click Pic)

Updated the pic, forgot something the first time around.

I knew what you meant the first time, I have a good number of authentic jerseys, I know how they are stitched. But I've been specifically doing it this way because I think it looks better this way for this particular style/technique, plus gives it a little depth.

Actually just checked, the Chargers do use the kiss-cut technique, but the Bears use double tackle twill, so I think the Aromashodu was right either way LOL.

CHARGERS_num.pngBEARS_num.png

if you're still taking requests an Aaron Rodgers one in the green jersey as well as a Clay Matthews in the green packers jersey would be awesome. Both of them at 1600x1200 please!

I decided to change up the BG a little and make the holes smaller/more abundant to make it little more to scale than it was.

(Click Pic)

th_ARodgersTwillStitch-R2.png

Here's yours:

(Click Pic)

th_DevAroTwillStitch-R.png

Thanks soooo much! This looks exeptional as my desktop background. I thought this would never come back, but it was definately worth the wait. ;)

25yzwqg.png

Thanks soooo much! This looks exeptional as my desktop background. I thought this would never come back, but it was definately worth the wait. ;)

Your welcome.

And just to make Andrew happy, I made a Chargers one since they use the "kiss-cut" technique LOL........

th_PRiversTwillStitch.png

This was a request on another site.....

(Click Pic)

th_JFreemanTwillStitch.png

Here's yours:

(Click Pic)

Updated the pic, forgot something the first time around.

Actually just checked, the Chargers do use the kiss-cut technique, but the Bears use double tackle twill, so I think the Aromashodu was right either way LOL.

CHARGERS_num.pngBEARS_num.png

Nope. The Bears use the kiss-cut technique as well. As I said, I believe all NFL teams do.

2953_3.jpg

Archived