NFL: Pretty in Pink

Chawls

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree...none look good with it since it seems to be spreading this year. I'd be fine if each player had a bit of it, but its overkill with gloves, cleats, wristbands, chinstraps, and sideline gear.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

While the NFL's initiative is commendable, I am wondering if they are going to continue to do this every year. After all, there are plenty of worthy causes that the NFL could choose to honor during the season.

The more cynical side of me thinks all this Breast Cancer Awareness stuff is just an attempt to butter up the female population in preparation for the NFL stretching the season into mid-February...making it all the more likely that their 'dear hubbies' will be sitting in front of the tube watching the Super Bowl on Valentine's Day. <_<

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

The Dolphins looked good with it, IMO. The teal, orange and pink are all Miami art deco colors, so they work with the team. The Eagles also looked good... so good in fact that my wife bought the hat with the pink accents. The Redskins looked horrible though. Maroon and pink do not work together at all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The Dolphins looked good with it, IMO. The teal, orange and pink are all Miami art deco colors, so they work with the team. The Eagles also looked good... so good in fact that my wife bought the hat with the pink accents. The Redskins looked horrible though. Maroon and pink do not work together at all.

09000d5d81b13ea2_gallery_600.jpg

reminds me a lot of:

e04ylwkfdofkr2ctlerjov26s.gif

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I agree...none look good with it since it seems to be spreading this year. I'd be fine if each player had a bit of it, but its overkill with gloves, cleats, wristbands, chinstraps, and sideline gear.

Agreed 100% AJM.

The NFL went totally overboard with it this year... Wear a wistband and slap a ribon decal on the helmets and be done with it.. I found it annoying and distracting.

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

1. Panthers, Lions, Jaguars

2. Vikings, Raiders, Titans

3. Colts

the thing with those teams i listed as #1 (and even with the Viks and Titans) is that even though pink goes well with their colors, it ends up being the most feminine, girly-man, cutesie thing i could possibly imagine. those color palettes would be perfect for the lingerie football league. id be very embarrassed to be a Jag, Panther, or Lion fan (like they need any more reasons) to see my team in so much pink. they may as wel be wearing skirts and high heels too

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i H-A-T-E the pink stuff. why in the world does breast cancer stand above all other causes as the one most worthy to freaking ruin the aesthetics of every sport at least once a year? it's on everything. the pink agenda has gone nuts. i think it's a important cause, but all the excess, especially in male markets, drive me crazy. if awareness was the goal, it's impossible for somewhere to be unaware of breast cancer.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

Kind of a fan of the Panthers' alternate unis with the pink accents on Sunday against the Saints. Light blue and pink works, I guess.

I'm wearing a light blue shirt with a pink tie as I type this. It's a classic combination that will never be out of style.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

91534333.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0227365E228199745E8E6E07A618062978073E0C1AEAFF32AE30A760B0D811297

no comment

Are you commenting about the Pink Ribbon campaign and the Raiders or...

...commenting on the watermark stating the prison term of some of the Raiders players.

ZING. :P

Archived