NFL: Pretty in Pink

Chawls

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm wearing a light blue shirt with a pink tie as I type this.

Little disturbed that you didn't mention wearing pants...

I decided a few weeks ago that if the Phillie Phanatic doesn't have to wear pants, then neither do I.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i H-A-T-E the pink stuff. why in the world does breast cancer stand above all other causes as the one most worthy to freaking ruin the aesthetics of every sport at least once a year? it's on everything. the pink agenda has gone nuts. i think it's a important cause, but all the excess, especially in male markets, drive me crazy. if awareness was the goal, it's impossible for somewhere to be unaware of breast cancer.

What drives me crazy is that men can develop breast cancer, but with the disease so driven into the ground that it's a womens' disease, men who have it either would never consider getting checked for it, and if they did have it, would be humiliated by it. If anything, there needs to be male breast cancer awareness, because we are perfectly aware by now of the female version.

VmWIn6B.png

i H-A-T-E the pink stuff. why in the world does breast cancer stand above all other causes as the one most worthy to freaking ruin the aesthetics of every sport at least once a year? it's on everything. the pink agenda has gone nuts. i think it's a important cause, but all the excess, especially in male markets, drive me crazy. if awareness was the goal, it's impossible for somewhere to be unaware of breast cancer.

What drives me crazy is that men can develop breast cancer, but with the disease so driven into the ground that it's a womens' disease, men who have it either would never consider getting checked for it, and if they did have it, would be humiliated by it. If anything, there needs to be male breast cancer awareness, because we are perfectly aware by now of the female version.

Richard Roundtree was treated successfully for breast cancer.

If breast cancer's good enough for Shaft, it's good enough for me.

Dolphins look the best. An already-feminine color scheme and mascot, plus being in Florida, makes it a tropical color scheme that looks like it was designed with pink in it.

Dallas is fitting...Tony Romo looks like he's overly comfortable in pink.

Panthers look good in a "Hello Kitty" sort of way. Lions also, similar color scheme with a cat too.

Redskins somehow look decent, the pink and burgundy look good together...makes it like an 80s neon scheme with the gold and pink.

Raiders and Ravens look fine, pink and black work.

The WORST is the Eagles. They just clash badly. Jets and Packers...the green teams look bad with pink.

87Redskins.png

Watching Penn & Teller's BS! episode on Breast Cancer Awareness helps put things into perspective.

Watching Penn & Teller's BS! episode on Breast Cancer Awareness helps put things into perspective.

This?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just to pose a question, in this day and age, are there any women who actually aren't "aware" of breast cancer? I really don't like the way the term "awareness" is used in relation to breast cancer, as I think we all know what it is and that women should get an annual mammogram (and should know to check their breasts for lumps, etc...). Honestly though, how many women are actually becoming more "aware" of breast cancer by watching the NFL games?

The inner conspiracy theorist in me says the NFL only does this stuff for the money they get outta merch sales. I really like the way baseball does it though, pink bats and accessories on Mother's Day. That's it, one day (and it looks great too).

6fQjS3M.png

Archived