2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

Yes.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is crazy how similar this Duke season is to last year. Look at this article.

Bleacher Report link

OK?

Isn't their record going into Late January basically the same every season over the last decade?

They have had only one ten loss season in the last decade.

Um.. maybe if you read the article you'd see that both years they lost to a big east team on the road on January 30th. Then they won 7 straight, then they lost to an ACC team on the road. From what I recall that doesn't happen every year...

Ok, so this is actually a 2011-2012 thing, but which idiot at the Pac-10/Pac-12 offices thought it would be a good idea to schedule a rivalry game over the Christmas break? ASU @ Arizona is on New Year's Eve!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ok, so this is actually a 2011-2012 thing, but which idiot at the Pac-10/Pac-12 offices thought it would be a good idea to schedule a rivalry game over the Christmas break? ASU @ Arizona is on New Year's Eve!

All the more reason to get piss drunk on New Years. You should thank them for giving you the opportunity.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

All the more reason to get piss drunk on New Years. You should thank them for giving you the opportunity.

I might not be at the game. I'm graduating in May and home is back in California.

Nobody's brought this up, yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqfNY3vfrmU

I've never understood why some people find it so hard to understand that until the clock hits zero, the game isn't over. It's just amazing because it seems like every other year or so fans run on the field early or something (Texas Tech's epic win over Texas several years back for instance). It's such a simple concept, and yet it is completely ignored so often. Or at least is seems so.

Conference tournies get underway tonight with two conferences starting it.

Big South - 1st Round

Game to Watch: #8 Gardner-Webb at #1 Coastal Carolina (The Chants may of won the Big South's regular season title and earned home court the whole way through, but there is a specter of doubt as the NCAA is now looking into the Chants basketball, baseball and football programs as issues have come up, mostly about the best player on CCU's basketball team in Desmond Holloway. With teams like Liberty and UNC-Asheville licking their chops, the Chants cannot afford a slip up here against GWU... a team they lost to a few weeks ago)

What's at Stake: The winners advance to the semis on Thursday at Coastal Carolina. The Gardner-Webb/CCU winner faces the Winthrop/VMI winner in one semifinal while the other will have the Charleston Southern/UNCA winner facing the High Point/Liberty winner.

Horizon League - 1st Round

Game to Watch: #10 UIC at #3 Cleveland State (The Vikings were co-Horizon League champs, but were on the short end of the tiebreaker with Milwaukee and Butler. With at least 4 teams in the conversation for postseason play, Cleveland State would like to see a win over hapless Illinois-Chicago to reach the 2nd Round)

What's at Stake: The winners advance to the 2nd Round in Milwaukee as the Panthers won the three way tiebreaker with Butler and Cleveland State and earned hosting duties for the 2nd Round and Semifinals (With a chance to host the Championship Game as well). The UIC/Cleveland State winner will face the Green Bay/Wright State winner in one 2nd Round matchup while the other game will have the Youngstown State/Valpo winner taking on the Loyola of Chicago/Detroit winner

(1) Coastal Carolina over (8) Gardner-Webb, 83-72

(4) VMI over (5) Winthrop, 78-73

(3) UNC-Asheville over (6) Charleston Southern, 72-63

(7) High Point over (2) Liberty, 66-60

Winthrop bounced in the first round of the Big South tourney for only the 2nd time since at least 1998.

Thursday's matchups, at Coastal Carolina's high school gym Kimbel Arena:

(1) Coastal vs. (4) VMI

(3) UNCA vs. (7) High Point

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

No coffee or tea at BYU? Interesting.

Makes that football MNC they won back in the 1980s all the more remarkable.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yep, Mormonism prohibits the consumption of caffeine.

Thanks to sc49fan, the Big South tourny gives out the first upset of the conference tournies as Liberty fell to High Point.

In the Horizon League, no upsets happened so the 2nd Round has 6th seed Wright State facing 3rd seed Cleveland State while the 4th seed Valparaiso faces 5th seed Detroit.

Three more tournies get underway today.

Atlantic Sun - 1st Round

Game to Watch: #7 Campbell vs. #2 East Tennessee State (The Bucs were the only team within striking distance of Belmont all season long in the A-Sun, yet they were three games out. The Bucs are the only team that may give Belmont a fight... provided they can hold off an upset minded Camel team)

What's at Stake: The winners of tonight's games (Kennesaw State/Belmont and Campbell/ETSU) get an extra day off before Friday's semifinals as both the men and women's tournies are held at Mercer and are ran at the same time. The Kennesaw State/Belmont winner faces the Lipscomb/Mercer winner in the semis while the Campbell/ETSU winner will face the winner of the UNF/Jacksonville game.

Ohio Valley - 1st Round

Game to Watch: #7 SE Missouri State vs. #6 Eastern Kentucky (EKU is the only .500 team in this opening round of the OVC tourny. Other then that, I have nothing else to say)

What's at Stake: The OVC unveiled a new format for it's tourny that protects it's top two seeds, Murray State and Morehead State, until the semifinals. The winner of the Tennessee State/UT-Martin game gets the 4th seed Tennessee Tech in one 2nd Round game while the SEMO/EKU winner gets the 3rd seed Austin Peay.

Patriot League - 1st Round

Game to Watch: #8 Army at #1 Bucknell (The Bison pulled away from American to win by two games, but there was a hiccup against Army in which the Bison got ran over by 20 against the Black Knights. Can the Bison take care of business against a team they had a pratfall against?)

What's at Stake: The Semis are on Sunday with the Army/Bucknell winner facing the Navy/Lehigh winner (If Bucknell wins, the game is at Bucknell; If Army wins, then the Navy/Lehigh winner hosts) and the Colgate/American winner facing the Lafayette/Holy Cross winner (If American wins, the game is at American; If Colgate wins, then the Lafayette/Holy Cross winner hosts).

Yep, Mormonism prohibits the consumption of caffeine.

As a mormon myself, I can tell you that's completely inaccurate.

Coffee and Tea are prohibited (though as my family is inactive, meaning we just don't attend sunday meetings as often if at all, my mother usually still drinks it), but caffeine itself is not prohibited. I'd venture a guess that 95% of mormons drink some caffeinated beverage, whether it be Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Monster Energy, or whatever, and the other 5% are either the crazy radicals out there within mormonism who think even touching a pepsi bottle is a sin, or mormons who have a legitimate excuse not to consume it, like an allergy to it or something - which of course is very rare. But this is one of the MANY misunderstandings about Mormonism - caffiene in and of itself is not at all prohibited.

Anyways, sorry to get off topic and I don't mean to come across as angry by posting this, I just wanted to clear this up.

Regarding Davies' suspension, I'm usually one to criticize BYU's honor code because it is my personal belief that it is too strict, but at the same time, students and student-athletes know what they're getting into when they attend BYU. So as much as I am against the strictness of thier honor code (one of the many reasons I dislike BYU), I can't really defend Davies, because whatever he did, he knew what the standards were and what the code stated. I did LOL a little at my facebook page and my many BYU-fan friends freaking out on thier statuses though. Pure art to the eyes of a Utes fan :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Ah, my mistake.

Oh no worries at all. Like I said, not an angry post or anything of the sort haha, just clearing things up.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived