2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Cal drops UCLA in overtime, meaning Arizona now has a two-game lead in the Pac-10.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

How 'bout Cincy takin' down Georgetown in double digits at Verizon Center? I would've been there, but since the game was at 9:00 it would've been a huge hassel.

'Twas the biggest win of the year for them. Good to see Yancy Gates mentally come back for a big game. I'll be at the UConn game on Sunday. While the Georgetown win was solid, I think a win over UConn would definitely get the Cats off the bubble, and 100% in the tournament.

How 'bout Cincy takin' down Georgetown in double digits at Verizon Center? I would've been there, but since the game was at 9:00 it would've been a huge hassel.

'Twas the biggest win of the year for them. Good to see Yancy Gates mentally come back for a big game. I'll be at the UConn game on Sunday. While the Georgetown win was solid, I think a win over UConn would definitely get the Cats off the bubble, and 100% in the tournament.

Agreed. Although for the time being they're most certainly in, a win against UConn would be HUGE. We could even get ranked like St. Johns before the Tourney.

This is the most excited I've been for March in a long, long time. Can't wait to see how we could fare in the tourney...

And have fun at the game, it should be a good one.

Ohhhhhh! Ohhhhhhh! Ohhhhhhhh! (bum bum bum bum) UC!!!!!!!!!! :P

25yzwqg.png

The Score has pretty much lost everything, TSN now has the rights to show the Tourney in Canada!

In other news, big win for a bubble school as Marquette beats UConn in OT

I actually remember watching the tourney on The Score last year in Canada. I watched Butler beat Kansas State... at the Air Canada Centre. :P I thought to myself... "WTF. I'm leaving Canada to fly home to watch Butler?" :P

6fQjS3M.png

Arizona is going to play angry and we're going to murder UCLA. Count on it.

Considering it's Ivy/MAAC Friday, I pose this question

If let's say Harvard beats Princeton but the Tigers win out and the Crimson drop a game, the head-to-head's tied, do they go into a tie-break championship game to decide the bid? Remember the Ivy League's the only conference without a tournament.

As for the MAAC, I think Farfield's more or less got that locked up.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Considering it's Ivy/MAAC Friday, I pose this question

If let's say Harvard beats Princeton but the Tigers win out and the Crimson drop a game, the head-to-head's tied, do they go into a tie-break championship game to decide the bid? Remember the Ivy League's the only conference without a tournament.

As for the MAAC, I think Farfield's more or less got that locked up.

Yep. If Harvard and Princeton finished up tied in the Ivy League race, it'll go down to a one game winner takes all playoff. It's been done before, and in one occasion in women's basketball, there was a three team playoff where #3 played #2 with the winner playing #1.

As for the MAAC: Yes, Fairfield has it all locked up (They're one of the first teams to clinch a conference championship along with Vermont in America East and Belmont in the Atlantic Sun). The nice thing about this is that should the Stags choke in the MAAC tourny, they'll get an automatic bid to the NIT (This goes to all low-major conferences except for the Great West, whose tourny winner goes to the CollegeInsider.Com Tourny).

Archived