2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

I didn't want to make a separate thread about this, but it is somewhat on topic. Is it legal for an athlete of one college to attend classes at another? I have two Xavier (Division 1) basketball players in my Northern Kentucky University (Division 2) marketing class.

I am no authority on the subject, but some colleges have agreements where students of one can take classes at another. I see no reason why student-athletes would be prohibited from taking advantage of that opportunity.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't want to make a separate thread about this, but it is somewhat on topic. Is it legal for an athlete of one college to attend classes at another? I have two Xavier (Division 1) basketball players in my Northern Kentucky University (Division 2) marketing class.

I am no authority on the subject, but some colleges have agreements where students of one can take classes at another. I see no reason why student-athletes would be prohibited from taking advantage of that opportunity.

It is clear cut that a student-athlete can do what the Xavier players are doing.

14.1.8.2.3 Concurrent Courses at Two Institutions.

Courses taken concurrently at a second institution may be counted toward meeting the minimum 12-hour enrollment requirement, provided:

a. The certifying institution officially recognizes the student?s combined hours as full-time enrollment for a minimum of 12 hours; and

b. Courses taken at the second institution will be included on the student?s transcript at the institution where the student is seeking the degree.

14.1.8.2.4 Cooperative Educational Exchange Program.

A student-athlete may represent the certifying institution in intercollegiate athletics even though at the time of competition the student is enrolled in another institution in a cooperative educational exchange program, provided:

a. The certifying institution considers the student to be regularly enrolled in a minimum full-time program of studies; and

b. All work is placed on the student?s transcript and accepted toward his or her undergraduate degree at the certifying institution.

14.1.8.2.5 Extension Courses.

A student-athlete may use a combination of hours taken in residence during a regular term and extension courses taken from the certifying institution during that term to meet the minimum 12-hour enrollment requirement, provided the institution considers enrollment in such extension courses as regular course enrollment for all students during term time. (Revised: 1/11/94 effective 8/1/94)

14.1.8.2.6 Correspondence Courses.

A student-athlete may not use a correspondence course to meet the minimum 12-hour enrollment requirement.

Yeah, uh, wouldn't those just be transfer credits?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So, Syracuse might have a point shaving scandal on its hands.

Hopefully not. Boeheim runs a clean program and this wouldn't make sense. Someone like him would have caught on and nipped it in the bud by now, yeah?

That said, I don't actually know how these things work and am hoping for the best.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yeah, the rumor's basically been squashed already. Good god the whole campus and all the Syracuse blogs were going nuts over that the past 24 hours. Still can't put anything aside just yet, I guess, though

Also, YESSSSSSS WE FINALLY WON!!!!! AGAINST UCONN NO LESS!!! :grin:

(enjoy the avatar)

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

10 minutes into the Arizona/Stanford game and 12 fouls have been called, 7 against the Trees. One person on Twitter described it as faking injuries against Oregon football. They probably need it since Arizona's definitely upped the tempo this season.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Arizona: 1st place in Pac-10! They take down Stanford 78-69 and the Huskies are stunned by 12 against the Beavers in Corvallis.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bear Down Arizona!

Down goes Washington! Arizona will remain in sole possession of first place of the Pac-10, regardless of the outcome of tonight's game.

What is it with Illinois and frittering away talent?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Damn, it's a good weekend to be a Wildcat.

What is it with Illinois and frittering away talent?

It's been horrible to watch them. If you want to know the worst way to close out a game that you're winning, get Demetri McCamey to play point guard.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

This year's Arizona team is the fastest to 20 wins since the 1996-1997 squad.

This year's Arizona team is the fastest to 20 wins since the 1996-1997 squad.

And that means nothing since there is a tournament to decide both the Pac-10 and NCAA champion.

Don't talk about the labor pains, show me the baby. (Be it a Pac-10 Tournament title, since that counts for the automatic bid or an NCAA title).

Archived