2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

Arizona got the sweep over ASU in dominant fashion. All is right with the world.

You betcha! Next up is the ultimate puzzle in Washington State and what is shaping up to be the Pac-10's battle royale in the Wildcats and Washington.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what's even better? The friend of mine who drove me to the game in Tempe is in the UA pep band, so I had to meet him at the UA/ASU women's basketball game at McKale, so before I watched the men's team smack ASU around in Tempe, I got to watch the women's team snap an 11-game losing streak against ASU by straight up dominating them. I got to watch ASU get slaughtered twice in a day. That feels good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Coastal Carolina now has the longest winning streak in the nation.

I want to kick a puppy.

You go ahead and kick that puppy, I'll go ahead and start praising the Chanticleers as a potential giant killer in the NCAA Tourny.

I want to kick a puppy.

You go ahead and kick that puppy, I'll go ahead and start praising the Chanticleers as a potential giant killer in the NCAA Tourny.

Don't see it. They haven't beaten anybody. Best wins? RPI-wise... (127) Liberty, (132) East Carolina, (160) NC-Asheville and (193) Winthrop.

The only teams in the top 100 RPI they played are (77) Charleston (L 83-67) and (4) Georgetown (L 80-61).

22 straight wins is nothing to scoff at, but honestly it's a little inflated. Play someone out of conference, not Piedmont, LaGrange, NC Wesleyan and Thomas More (all D3)

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I want to kick a puppy.

Don't see it. They haven't beaten anybody. Best 3 wins? RPI-wise... (127) Liberty, (132) East Carolina, (160) NC-Asheville and (193) Winthrop.

The only teams in the top 100 RPI they played are (77) Charleston (L 83-67) and (4) Georgetown (L 80-61).

22 straight wins is nothing to scoff at, but honestly it's a little inflated. Play someone out of conference, not Piedmont, LaGrange, NC Wesleyan and Thomas More (all D3)

OK, then the wins against Charlotte, LSU, and East Carolina mean diddily poo here?

Even they lost, they were ahead against the College of Charleston.

I don't know about you, but when I see a team that has won 22 in a row, I'm not going to sit here and lambast them for winning the games they are playing.

OK, then the wins against Charlotte, LSU, and East Carolina mean diddily poo here?

I don't know about you, but when I see a team that has won 22 in a row, I'm not going to sit here and lambast them for winning the games they are playing.

No lambasting, just facts. Strength of Schedule = 256. Charlotte and ECU are mediocre, and LSU down there with Auburn, Wake Forest and Oregon State running for the "worst BCS basketball teams of 2011" award.

I'm not saying Coastal can't win a tourney game, I just haven't seen them beat anyone that makes me think they could.

That's awesome!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

No lambasting, just facts. Strength of Schedule = 256. Charlotte and ECU are mediocre, and LSU down there with Auburn, Wake Forest and Oregon State running for the "worst BCS basketball teams of 2011" award.

I'm not saying Coastal can't win a tourney game, I just haven't seen them beat anyone that makes me think they could.

Oh hey, look...

Gardner-Webb 59, Coastal Carolina 57

St. Mary's plays poorly and loses to by eight to a 5-21 San Diego team on the road, with Utah State at home on Saturday. Ouch. They have just three other losses (BYU@neutral site, SDSU, @ Portland, @ Vandy), but this is a BAD loss.

BTW, St. Mary's may seat 3500 at best, why is that game there and not in Logan? (I've got my ticket, so I don't really care, but in terms of gate, that is bizarre to me).

St. Mary's plays poorly and loses to by eight to a 5-21 San Diego team on the road, with Utah State at home on Saturday. Ouch. They have just three other losses (BYU@neutral site, SDSU, @ Portland, @ Vandy), but this is a BAD loss.

BTW, St. Mary's may seat 3500 at best, why is that game there and not in Logan? (I've got my ticket, so I don't really care, but in terms of gate, that is bizarre to me).

They usually name the teams that are going to host games when they announce who will be in BracketBusters sometime before the season.

They usually name the teams that are going to host games when they announce who will be in BracketBusters sometime before the season.

Yes. Teams alternate hosting a BracketBuster game and traveling to a BracketBuster game each season.

Angelo Chol just committed to Arizona. :censored: yes.

So Durrell Summers from Michigan State lashed out at reporters? Nice.

Hopefully he brings those emotions to the court when his team, Michigan State, plays. Hopefully he brings ANYTHING to the court in the Breslin Center which is the court of the Michigan State Spartans, his team and school.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

So Durrell Summers lashed out at reporters? Nice.

Hopefully he brings those emotions to the court. Hopefully he brings ANYTHING to the court.

Next time, you may want to list the school of said player since most players are know known by the nation. Summers plays for Michigan State.

Archived