2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

This year's Arizona team is the fastest to 20 wins since the 1996-1997 squad.

And that means nothing since there is a tournament to decide both the Pac-10 and NCAA champion.

Don't talk about the labor pains, show me the baby. (Be it a Pac-10 Tournament title, since that counts for the automatic bid or an NCAA title).

At this point, Arizona can definitely get an at-large bid without the Pac-10 tournament.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that means nothing since there is a tournament to decide both the Pac-10 and NCAA champion.

Don't talk about the labor pains, show me the baby. (Be it a Pac-10 Tournament title, since that counts for the automatic bid or an NCAA title).

At this point, Arizona can definitely get an at-large bid without the Pac-10 tournament.

So being this fast to 20 wins and no Pac-10 Tournament title is acceptable to you now in that "down" conference?

You do not have to immediately reply just because I have.

In the words of the S.O.S. Band, "take your time, do it right".

So being this fast to 20 wins and no Pac-10 Tournament title is acceptable to you now in that "down" conference?

You do not have to immediately reply just because I have.

In the words of the S.O.S. Band, "take your time, do it right".

No, what I'm saying is that at this point, barring an epic collapse, Arizona can lock up an at-large bid via regular season play.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

And the last unbeaten team goes down. I was surprised that Ohio State went undefeated for so long. They're a great team, but not at the caliber of an undefeated team. Congrats to Wisconsin on taking down the Buckeyes.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

And the last unbeaten team goes down. I was surprised that Ohio State went undefeated for so long. They're a great team, but not at the caliber of an undefeated team. Congrats to Wisconsin on taking down the Buckeyes.

What does that mean exactly? Can we determine what the "caliber of an undefeated team" is before they actually go undefeated?

Anyway, the Buckeyes needed to lose before the tournament.

BB52Big.jpg

What does that mean exactly? Can we determine what the "caliber of an undefeated team" is before they actually go undefeated?

I mean that it's getting to the point in the year where you can realistically start talking about if a team is actually going to go undefeated. The Ohio State team this year doesn't seem to me like they are good enough to win every game. It doesn't mean they're not good, I think they are probably the best team in the country this year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I mean that it's getting to the point in the year where you can realistically start talking about if a team is actually going to go undefeated. The Ohio State team this year doesn't seem to me like they are good enough to win every game. It doesn't mean they're not good, I think they are probably the best team in the country this year.

I still think Ohio State deserves to be ranked #1, however I really believe Texas is the best team in the country. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else, but in my mind it does. :P

1zqy8ok.gif

I hope Duke doesn't move up to #1 :P

But yeah I don't see Ohio State really falling too far, #3 the lowest, after this loss.

As for the Orange, no more Jim Boeheim getting Rex Ryan avatar treatments. It's been a jinx as of late. Time to go with the ESPNU logo considering I post in that thread basically twice a night

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Understood. I didn't think you meant they weren't good. I just didn't understand what you meant by "They're a great team, but not at the caliber of an undefeated team." Now I get what you were saying and you're right.

BB52Big.jpg

Understood. I didn't think you meant they weren't good. I just didn't understand what you meant by "They're a great team, but not at the caliber of an undefeated team." Now I get what you were saying and you're right.

Duke was that type of team if Irving didn't get hurt, just saying. B)

Duke was that type of team if Irving didn't get hurt, just saying. B)

Everyone hates Duke so who cares? :P

BB52Big.jpg

In short "not dominant".

It's funny though...everyone says "there'll be a new number 1". Why? Just because #1 loses does not mean they are not #1. When it happened to OSU in football (also at Wisconsin B) ), they had to drop, as there were other undefeated teams, but here, they still have (tied for) fewest losses. Their loss comes at Wisconsin, where Bo Ryan is now 150-11. I'd still vote 'em #1.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I hope Duke doesn't move up to #1 :P

Even I know thats not happening. But still Duke's the best team in the nation.

No team that gets boatraced by St. John's is the best team in the nation.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

As competitive as The Big East is, and knowing that they may get up to ten bids, I do not see any of their teams winning a six in March to earn the title.

The best chance for a Big East team to make the Final Four not win the Big East Tournament and have the "fortune" to lose in the semis or even the quarters. WVU getting to the National Semifinals last year was an achievement after winning the conference tourney, but still two games short of a title.

Arizona got the sweep over ASU in dominant fashion. All is right with the world.

Archived