2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And St. John's beats another ranked Big East team. But this time they were able to do it away from the Garden. The Red Storm are a very fun team to watch this year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

:censored:.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Considering it's Ivy/MAAC Friday, I pose this question

If let's say Harvard beats Princeton but the Tigers win out and the Crimson drop a game, the head-to-head's tied, do they go into a tie-break championship game to decide the bid? Remember the Ivy League's the only conference without a tournament.

As for the MAAC, I think Farfield's more or less got that locked up.

Yep. If Harvard and Princeton finished up tied in the Ivy League race, it'll go down to a one game winner takes all playoff. It's been done before, and in one occasion in women's basketball, there was a three team playoff where #3 played #2 with the winner playing #1.

OK, thanks for straightening that out. That being said, that scenario might happen because Harvard blew a lead against Yale and lost while Princeton came back against Columbia to win tonight. Go go gadget Ivy League clusterfudge ^_^

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Another #1 team goes down tonight. Virginia Tech was able to win without much output coming from Malcolm Delaney. I don't think Duke was really the best team, they just benefitted from everyone else losing last week.

Illinois took care of business against Iowa in what was pretty much a must win. They've been disappointing so far this year, I really hope they can get a bid to the tournament.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Well, another typical Duke performance on the road. It seems like every year they lose a close game on the road to a bubble team at the end of the year. It's funny how this year is turning out to be the spinning image of last year. Hopefully same result.

That's what I don't like about College Basketball. Va Tech is a bubble team with losses agaist Virginia (2), and Georgia Tech. But they beat Duke and now they basically automatically get in. Makes no sense.

Are you kidding? That's why college basketball is so great. It's not predetermined like the BCS.

Oh yeah, :censored: Puke. Way to go Hokies!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That's what I don't like about College Basketball. Va Tech is a bubble team with losses agaist Virginia (2), and Georgia Tech. But they beat Duke and now they basically automatically get in. Makes no sense.

Are you kidding? That's why college basketball is so great. It's not predetermined like the BCS.

Oh yeah, :censored: Puke. Way to go Hokies!

I just don't like how one win gets you into the tourney. I'm fine with the rankings having no meaning, but some parts make no sense.

Whats up with "puke"? Was that a pun?

It's just a pejorative reference, because Duke makes me want to puke, especially when I have to listen to Dukie V. fawn over them even when he's not calling a Duke game.

It's just a pejorative reference, because Duke makes me want to puke, especially when I have to listen to Dukie V. fawn over them even when he's not calling a Duke game.

Yeah, but he's like the only ESPN guy that doesn't hat them with a passion. I love Dan Shulman as an announcer but I can't listen to him call a Duke game because he's so biased.

Archived