BCS Uni's

denkerprime

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hel1.jpg

I prefer the white helmets, though I'm predisposed to dislike all things Chokie as a UVa. grad.

Does anyone know why the stripes are tapered off like that? Is there a special reason, or is it just because Nike does what they want?

Doesn't have anything to do with Nike. Uniwatch specualted it was bc it is hard to get stripes to not buldge with the revolution speed helmets.

It is possible to be aesthetically innovative while showcasing your school colors.

It's going to be a crying shame when Oregon pulls the upset and the greatest moment in the school's sports history is in highlighter yellow and gray. At least, that would bug me if I were an Oregon alum/student/fan. If you're an Oregon alum/student/fan and you're okay with it then that's fine, I think you're weird for not being irked by it, but it's still okay.

Uniform Opinions are subjective. Perhaps I'll put that in my sig as a reminder to everyone.

I am an alumni. And it just doesn't irk me. Maybe I've been brainwashed by Nike for too long. I took one look at that new BCS jersey and thought "Awesome". I'm excited to wear the neon yellow on the biggest stage in college football. I'm excited for the whole country to see our "look". I'm super excited to get a chance to knock of an SEC team led by a Heisman trophy winner. As long as the team has an O on its helmet and a trophy in its hands, I'll be a happy guy. WTD. Go Ducks.

I hope I still feel the same way when I look back on this in 50 years.

Paul Lukas nails this whole neon-green thing as a Nike-specific branding initiative, sort of a guerrilla takeover of Oregon's identity and replacing it with Nike's, an initiative which is being played out across multiple sports:

Neon green a Nike thing, not an Oregon thing

This line is particularly telling, one which I think some of our more enthusiastic Oregon fanatics might do well to ponder:

So those poor saps at Oregon are getting played: They don?t even get to look uniquely stupid ? instead they?re just one small part of a giant stupid agenda.

I'm not sure about that. Volt has been a nike color since at least 2006.

Exactly his point. Nike has shamelessly outfitted the Ducks in uniforms that reflect Nike, not the University of Oregon. The Ducks have been played.

He migh thave a point had Nike not changed Oreogn's colors a hundred times already. Was lightning yellow a corporate color? No. Was the green they have been using? No. What about the grey? Nope. It just so happens that they have changed colors on the uniforms enough that one looks like a corporate color.

It is possible to be aesthetically innovative while showcasing your school colors.

It's going to be a crying shame when Oregon pulls the upset and the greatest moment in the school's sports history is in highlighter yellow and gray. At least, that would bug me if I were an Oregon alum/student/fan. If you're an Oregon alum/student/fan and you're okay with it then that's fine, I think you're weird for not being irked by it, but it's still okay.

Uniform Opinions are subjective. Perhaps I'll put that in my sig as a reminder to everyone.

I am an alumni. And it just doesn't irk me. Maybe I've been brainwashed by Nike for too long. I took one look at that new BCS jersey and thought "Awesome". I'm excited to wear the neon yellow on the biggest stage in college football. I'm excited for the whole country to see our "look". I'm super excited to get a chance to knock of an SEC team led by a Heisman trophy winner. As long as the team has an O on its helmet and a trophy in its hands, I'll be a happy guy. WTD. Go Ducks.

I hope I still feel the same way when I look back on this in 50 years.

Paul Lukas nails this whole neon-green thing as a Nike-specific branding initiative, sort of a guerrilla takeover of Oregon's identity and replacing it with Nike's, an initiative which is being played out across multiple sports:

Neon green a Nike thing, not an Oregon thing

This line is particularly telling, one which I think some of our more enthusiastic Oregon fanatics might do well to ponder:

So those poor saps at Oregon are getting played: They don?t even get to look uniquely stupid ? instead they?re just one small part of a giant stupid agenda.

I'm not sure about that. Volt has been a nike color since at least 2006.

Exactly his point. Nike has shamelessly outfitted the Ducks in uniforms that reflect Nike, not the University of Oregon. The Ducks have been played.

He migh thave a point had Nike not changed Oreogn's colors a hundred times already. Was lightning yellow a corporate color? No. Was the green they have been using? No. What about the grey? Nope. It just so happens that they have changed colors on the uniforms enough that one looks like a corporate color.

Actually the grey is a corporate color. Check out the blanks used by nike this week to showcase the tech/functionality of the uniforms used for all 4 schools. They're Nike branded and look very similar to the shades of green/yellow and grey that Oregon will be sporting in the championship game.

5267047802_4f53fbe750_o.png

You know, I actually like Va Tech's proposed orange helmets, even if it's something they've never done before.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't know if anyone has said this before, but isn't neon green, black, and silver/carbon nike's main colors now. Almost everything on the football page is black with the neon lettering, or silver/white lettering. These are also the primary colors of their Sparq training products. In a video I saw of the unveiling of the uniforms I saw like four players(models) wearing those colors on their equipment. Anyone else think that's rather...odd.

Whoops just read the above posts

maehl.png

Heres a hi res pic of TCU's uniform.

Nike_FB_TCU_home_02402.jpg

I like how Nike circumvented the gray gloves rule by giving TCU silver gloves since technically, silver is a form of gray.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Y'all do know that uniform is photoshopped, don't you?

If not, I suggest you look at it a little closer (particularly the hi-res version).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Seems like all of the defenses for Oregon's new uniforms involves a stream of press release buzzwords.

They suck, plain and simple, and it goes beyond the lack of school colors. Neon colors are horrible 103% of the time. Gray numbers are horrible in pretty much all cases I've seen (including the Oakland Raiders). I'm tired of Nike's obsession with silver and gray being added to every single damn thing. The gray numbers on Boise, Oregon, the ridiculous silver basketball unis Nike gave to their Jordan schools last season and so on and so forth.

Not Oregon Related: Virginia Tech's orange helmet looks alright other than the stupid tapered stripes. Kind of makes me think of how Arizona's helmets taper off: Looks almost awesome, but is ruined by one small, stupid thing.

Did anybody really think Nike would not to come up with something different for the championship game?

It's Oregon. What did you expect? I don't want to get into some big argument about what their tradition is, what the school colors are, blahblahblah. This is what Oregon does and I like it. So sue me.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

If not, I suggest you look at it a little closer (particularly the hi-res version).

Its not photoshopped, what makes you think it is?

It is. Look at the numbers up close in the high-res version.

This isn't to say it's a fraud though, that is how Nike presents its pro-combat uniforms.

The best way to illustrate this is by looking at this Nike Pro Combat image:

nike-pro-combat-uniforms-2010.jpg

(hi-res)

All the players are in one of two poses. Not because they're really good at posing in the exact same position, but because they are the same person... Photoshopped.

One pose (which is more straight-on compared to the other, in the above image): TCU, Alabama, West Virginia, Boise State, Ohio State, Pittsburgh

Second Pose (which has the model positioned about 3/4 turned, in the above image): Miami, Oregon State, Florida, Virginia Tech.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Its not photoshopped, what makes you think it is?

It is. Look at the numbers up close in the high-res version.

This isn't to say it's a fraud though, that is how Nike presents its pro-combat uniforms.

The best way to illustrate this is by looking at this Nike Pro Combat image:

nike-pro-combat-uniforms-2010.jpg

(hi-res)

All the players are in one of two poses. Not because they're really good at posing in the exact same position, but because they are the same person... Photoshopped.

One pose (which is more straight-on compared to the other, in the above image): TCU, Alabama, West Virginia, Boise State, Ohio State, Pittsburgh

Second Pose (which has the model positioned about 3/4 turned, in the above image): Miami, Oregon State, Florida, Virginia Tech.

You do realize that the TCU uniform in that picture is not the same one I posted right?

Nike actually did take the time and photograph the 4 uniforms that they just released.

Archived