BCS Uni's

denkerprime

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haters gonna hate, we at Oregon could care less.

Well, THIS hater can't help but point out that you probably meant COULDN'T care less.

Because, you know, if you COULD care less it means you DO care...

So this bored has the grammer police?

Jerseys are pretty sweet. I think the black one is in case Auburn wants to go white top. Coach Kelly's philosophy is that no two games are the same so let everyone know by wearing a different uniform. Big statement game = big statement jersey. Its not your mothers Oregon team get over it!

Well, THIS hater can't help but point out that you probably meant COULDN'T care less.

Jerseys are pretty sweet. I think the black one is in case Auburn wants to go white top. Coach Kelly's philosophy is that no two games are the same so let everyone know by wearing a different uniform. Big statement game = big statement jersey. Its not your mothers Oregon team get over it!

No, but this BOARD has the GRAMMAR police.

:P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

And for those who say we aren't wearing school colors, I ask what color is the O on the helmet? What color is the number trim? What color are the shoes and socks? Looks yellow to me.

This is EXACTLY the look I wanted for the national title game. Biggest game in school history and we're showing every 18 year old recruit in the country how f-ing bad ass we look.

I'm pretty sure Oregon has more than one school color.

And if recruits are all about how f-ing badass teams look...I'm surprised SEC teams are in title games at all. You'd think Oregon would be in every one of them.

Point is, recruits choose good football programs (with wealthier boosters and hotter/sluttier recruit hostesses) over the laundry they wear.

Point well taken, and yes I do think that Oregon will be in quite a few national title games to come. We have a great program headed by one of the hottest coaches in the country. We also have THE greatest booster in the country and some damn hot females. If thats all it takes, pencil in Oregon for the next 10 or so title games. Moron.

I never said that ALL recruits care about is uniforms, but it sure has helped our program. Since we updated our logo and began regularly changing our uniforms the Ducks have begun a pretty steady rise in on-field performance and national prominence. Recruiting classes have gotten better almost yearly. We're playing in our FIRST national title and it is coming on the heels of our FIRST Rose Bowl game in nearly 20 years (2nd BCS game since 2001). Fan interest is at an all time high. Attendance is through the roof. Our [already top notch] facilities are expanding.

Recruits love coming to a school that has top notch facilities. They love coming to a school that has played in back to back BCS games. They love playing for a nationally recognized coach with an innovative offense. They love playing for a program that sends players to the NFL. Oregon has all that. And so does Texas, Ohio St., Florida (minus the coach), LSU, Oklahoma, etc. What sets those schools apart from Oregon is years of tradition. What sets Oregon apart from them is innovation and forward thinking. These uniforms are the most visible symbol of that innovation.

And apparently its working. The results speak for themselves. The big tradition schools will keep doing their thing and they will continue to find success in it. We, however, have found OUR thing and the future looks very bright for the Ducks.

On behalf of the English language, thank you. Botching that statement is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Anyway, I had another look at the "outfit" and I'm seeing a shoestring-budget stock car running laps at the local short track on Saturday nights with all that day-glo on white and primer... I mean, carbon.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

And for those who say we aren't wearing school colors, I ask what color is the O on the helmet? What color is the number trim? What color are the shoes and socks? Looks yellow to me.

This is EXACTLY the look I wanted for the national title game. Biggest game in school history and we're showing every 18 year old recruit in the country how f-ing bad ass we look.

And if recruits are all about how f-ing badass teams look...I'm surprised SEC teams are in title games at all. You'd think Oregon would be in every one of them.

Point is, recruits choose good football programs (with wealthier boosters and hotter/sluttier recruit hostesses) over the laundry they wear.

Point well taken, and yes I do think that Oregon will be in quite a few national title games to come. We have a great program headed by one of the hottest coaches in the country. We also have THE greatest booster in the country and some damn hot females. If thats all it takes, pencil in Oregon for the next 10 or so title games. Moron.

I never said that ALL recruits care about is uniforms, but it sure has helped our program. Since we updated our logo and began regularly changing our uniforms the Ducks have begun a pretty steady rise in on-field performance and national prominence. Recruiting classes have gotten better almost yearly. We're playing in our FIRST national title and it is coming on the heels of our FIRST Rose Bowl game in nearly 20 years (2nd BCS game since 2001). Fan interest is at an all time high. Attendance is through the roof. Our [already top notch] facilities are expanding.

Recruits love coming to a school that has top notch facilities. They love coming to a school that has played in back to back BCS games. They love playing for a nationally recognized coach with an innovative offense. They love playing for a program that sends players to the NFL. Oregon has all that. And so does Texas, Ohio St., Florida (minus the coach), LSU, Oklahoma, etc. What sets those schools apart from Oregon is years of tradition. What sets Oregon apart from them is innovation and forward thinking. These uniforms are the most visible symbol of that innovation.

And apparently its working. The results speak for themselves. The big tradition schools will keep doing their thing and they will continue to find success in it. We, however, have found OUR thing and the future looks very bright for the Ducks.

I like all the points you've made and I agree with you and I'm happy for Oregon, but there's no reason you can't showcase both of your school colors while also being aesthetically innovative.

For the record, I am a huge fan of Oregon and their uniform carousel. Plenty of school's tradition is sticking with the same uniform forever. Oregon is the only school where the tradition is changing them game to game and season to season. I love it and I'm really glad this NCG appearance came in the winged unis and not the diamond plate. Those were awful.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What's on the inside of the collar?

WTD, from the looks of it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I never said that ALL recruits care about is uniforms, but it sure has helped our program. Since we updated our logo and began regularly changing our uniforms the Ducks have begun a pretty steady rise in on-field performance and national prominence. Recruiting classes have gotten better almost yearly. We're playing in our FIRST national title and it is coming on the heels of our FIRST Rose Bowl game in nearly 20 years (2nd BCS game since 2001). Fan interest is at an all time high.(New, irritating fans with little to no knowledge of football) Attendance is through the roof.(A bad turnout at USC beats Oregons attendance) Our [already top notch] facilities are expanding. (While Eugene's infrastructure crumbles.)

Recruits love coming to a school that has top notch facilities. They love coming to a school that has played in back to back BCS games. They love playing for a nationally recognized coach with an innovative offense. They love playing for a program that sends players to the NFL.(Until they play in a gimmicky offense that doesnt translate to the NFL) Oregon has all that. And so does Texas, Ohio St., Florida (minus the coach), LSU, Oklahoma, etc. What sets those schools apart from Oregon is years of tradition. What sets Oregon apart from them is innovation and forward thinking. These uniforms are the most visible symbol of that innovation.

Ha thats going into my sig.

For those who care, I am being told TCU is not going to wear the uniforms revealed yesterday. They will wear the new shoes, but will be sticking with purple. Possible combos are 2010 rivalry helmet/purple top/2010 rivalry pants, standard home: purple/purple/black or purple/black/purple.

Grammar Police Alert!!!

Its everything that Oregon is this year. Its flash. Its wings. Its bright colors. Its innovation. Its the carbon helmet. Its different.

Its pure sex.

It's called an apostrophe. Learn how to use it.

:P

It is what it is.

For those who care, I am being told TCU is not going to wear the uniforms revealed yesterday. They will wear the new shoes, but will be sticking with purple. Possible combos are 2010 rivalry helmet/purple top/2010 rivalry pants, standard home: purple/purple/black or purple/black/purple.

Awesome because that uniform they showed yesterday was hideous.

Obligatory post from non-Duck fan living in Eugene, Oregon

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WHAT. THE. HECK?

Those uniforms are tera-bad and everyone here is going ape :censored: over them. They act like it's the second coming of Jesus Christ. Honestly, the Ducks are sort of my "second" or adopted team, but with uniforms that horrid, I'm kinda secretly wishing that Auburn wipes the field with them. Oregon's biggest problem is that they equate flashy style with winning. And any idiot who knows jack about college football will tell you that the most successful programs have probably the most traditional (translated into Oregonese: Boring) uniforms.

Penn State? USC? Michigan? Oklahoma? Nebraska? Texas? Notre Dame? Alabama? Tennessee?

Yeah, all our uniforms are pretty simple and plain. But then again, with multiple National Titles and Heisman winners, we couldn't give a hoot. Recruits want to join a good program. And this year, Oregon happens to be great. So expect a boost in recruiting. But any high school kid who picks a school based on UNIFORMS rather than actual program "tangibles" is making a huge mistake. If that was the case every kid would be lining up to go to Temple and their taxi-cab pants.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Obligatory post from non-Duck fan living in Eugene, Oregon

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WHAT. THE. HECK?

Those uniforms are tera-bad and everyone here is going ape :censored: over them. They act like it's the second coming of Jesus Christ. Honestly, the Ducks are sort of my "second" or adopted team, but with uniforms that horrid, I'm kinda secretly wishing that Auburn wipes the field with them. Oregon's biggest problem is that they equate flashy style with winning. And any idiot who knows jack about college football will tell you that the most successful programs have probably the most traditional (translated into Oregonese: Boring) uniforms.

Penn State? USC? Michigan? Oklahoma? Nebraska? Texas? Notre Dame? Alabama? Tennessee?

Yeah, all our uniforms are pretty simple and plain. But then again, with multiple National Titles and Heisman winners, we couldn't give a hoot. Recruits want to join a good program. And this year, Oregon happens to be great. So expect a boost in recruiting. But any high school kid who picks a school based on UNIFORMS rather than actual program "tangibles" is making a huge mistake. If that was the case every kid would be lining up to go to Temple and their taxi-cab pants.

Well when you use selective reasoning like that you're right. We could also say that no team that has wings on their uniform has ever won the national championship, UH OH, Oregon is screwed.

Boring uni's =/= success. Yes, there are a handful of teams that have boring uni's and are successful. But what about Miami? Their uni's are far from traditional and they had success up until recently. TCU has been successful lately, Utah has been successful lately, Boise State has been successful recently.

They don't have traditional uniforms to say the least.

This is exactly the demographic Nike's looking to capitalize on - lowest-common-denominator types who will angrily thump their chests about the "bad ass" paint job on their mo-ped/scooter/Honda/football team's helmet.

They do know who to market to.

Archived