BCS Uni's

denkerprime

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's using that photo as a reference to show that Nike has photoshopped these kinds of things in the past. Oregon, Florida, and Boise are all real photos, but the high-res shot of TCU is clearly photoshopped.

No it is not. I dont know what the hell you guys are seeing but that is not a photoshopped image.

He's using that photo as a reference to show that Nike has photoshopped these kinds of things in the past. Oregon, Florida, and Boise are all real photos, but the high-res shot of TCU is clearly photoshopped.

No it is not. I dont know what the hell you guys are seeing but that is not a photoshopped image.

Lemme help you out then:

Take a REAL GOOD LOOK at the HI-RES version. Check the jersey wordmark. If you can't see that's a clear drop-shadow effect, then I don't know what to tell you.

Second, check the numbers. You tell me if those numbers flow with the wrinkles in the fabric or not. Then tell me if you really believe the TV numbers are "sewn on" or just "added in".

Third...look at the socks. If you've been messing around with davidson's templates, you might have noticed how he cuts a hole where the color fill-ins are. That's the same thing with the purple socks here.

Look, dude...discount it all you want. The image is photoshopped. (This is to say nothing of the way the red stripes flow over the frogskin pattern.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It absolutely is. You can still see the frog pattern inside the painted red blood stripes on the helmet. The jersey number, chest name, and pro combat shield are all clearly painted on with photoshop. Certain aspects might be real (possibly the pants), but it is obvious the photo has been doctored. You can clearly tell those details on the jersey are not sewn on and simply painted. I say this as an experienced photoshop user.

Ok i stand corrected but as aawagner011 stated not all of it is photoshopped. The shoes and gloves are most definately the new design so most likely they had some model they used at the showcase pose for this image and just photoshop over it. It clearly is a new photograph but yeah i see where it was photoshopped now

Paul Lukas nails this whole neon-green thing as a Nike-specific branding initiative, sort of a guerrilla takeover of Oregon's identity and replacing it with Nike's, an initiative which is being played out across multiple sports:

Neon green a Nike thing, not an Oregon thing

This line is particularly telling, one which I think some of our more enthusiastic Oregon fanatics might do well to ponder:

So those poor saps at Oregon are getting played: They don’t even get to look uniquely stupid — instead they’re just one small part of a giant stupid agenda.

Hopefully Nike doesnt take this stuff to the NFL, I can see it now....

Vick-NikeMockup-1.png

Highlighter socks for everyone...lol

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Paul Lukas nails this whole neon-green thing as a Nike-specific branding initiative, sort of a guerrilla takeover of Oregon's identity and replacing it with Nike's, an initiative which is being played out across multiple sports:

This line is particularly telling, one which I think some of our more enthusiastic Oregon fanatics might do well to ponder:

So those poor saps at Oregon are getting played: They don?t even get to look uniquely stupid ? instead they?re just one small part of a giant stupid agenda.

Vick-NikeMockup-1.png

Naw, not everyone.

Just the Seattle Seahawks. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

So those poor saps at Oregon are getting played: They don?t even get to look uniquely stupid ? instead they?re just one small part of a giant stupid agenda.

Vick-NikeMockup-1.png

The socks are the only part I do not like about that uniform, that helmet is sick!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Late to the party, but here is my problem with the Oregon set.

Let's say they win the title (and I don't think it's a stretch to say they have a really good shot). There is a pretty good possibility that they could remain a powerhouse school like they have been for the past half-decade. But there is just as much of a possibility that they will return to a level much like Miami or Tennessee (two early BCS Champions) have currently -- they're well known, but they're not a consistent contender.

Let's set that thought aside for a moment. Based on Oregon's history (or maybe I should say Nike's history) of a revolving door of uniform designs, they will probably never wear the BCS Title Game set ever again, seeing as it will forever be associated with this game. If they win, it will be remembered as the uniform they won their first national championship in. If they lose, it will be buried and regarded as a visual pariah.

Now let's combine those two points. Ten, fifteen or thirty years from now, people will look back on this game, regardless of the result, and wonder why Oregon would wear a uniform with no visual reference to their school (besides the logo on their helmets). It's just like when we look back at teams from the 1950s and they wore a one-off uniform with strange, non-traditional colors. It just seems strange, and there is a reason why almost every single one of those one-off uniforms is not revered by the school -- because it looks like another team.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

The Boise state helmets would look so good and much better if the big horse head logo was in the regular colors and they put a decal on the other side.

I like the one side of helmet, other side of jersey head logo. That being said, I don't like the blue on blue logo. A white horse would most likely be too bold but something in between would be better. With this current look, either you don't really see the horse or you simply see lines. Needs to be more recognizable.

It's all in that whole lil' "unpredictable" mantra Nike decided to design these uniforms around.

My own opinion? Rather meh.

In all the Oregon madness, Boise's look has sort of flown under the radar.

They're fine for what they are, and I can appreciate a modern look that actually bothers with school colours. Why is the logo only on one side of the helmet though? It doesn't even look odd. It looks ridiculous.

That's a nice Eagles helmet TornadoGTS.

The socks are the only part I do not like about that uniform, that helmet is sick!

You're both crazy :P

I actually think Boise's Pro Combat helmet looks perfect. The decal on one side looks better with a large decal like Boise as opposed to a small one like the Steelers.

The idea of having a decal on only one side is moronic any way you cut it. The Steelers get a pass on it because they've done it forever. It still looks terrible, but it's their thing. So whatever.

Boise State doing it with a modern logo on a modern uniform design looks stupid. It's entirely pointless as well. The Steelers at least have a quirky story behind why they do it. Why did Boise State do it though? No reason. Just for the sake of doing it. It's a bad design idea that lacks any sort of reason for its application.

I actually think Boise's Pro Combat helmet looks perfect. The decal on one side looks better with a large decal like Boise as opposed to a small one like the Steelers.

Imagine my surprise!! :wink2:

The idea of having a decal on only one side is moronic any way you cut it. The Steelers get a pass on it because they've done it forever. It still looks terrible, but it's their thing. So whatever.

Boise State doing it with a modern logo on a modern uniform design looks stupid. It's entirely pointless as well. The Steelers at least have a quirky story behind why they do it. Why did Boise State do it though? No reason. Just for the sake of doing it. It's a bad design idea that lacks any sort of reason for its application.

You missed what I said upthread, didn't you? :P

Nike's "reasoning" behind Boise's "design" was attributed to Boise's unpredictable nature of play on the field. And you know how much water Nike's "reasonings" hold.

You missed what I said upthread, didn't you? :P

Nike's "reasoning" behind Boise's "design" was attributed to Boise's unpredictable nature of play on the field. And you know how much water Nike's "reasonings" hold.

Sorry, I was blinded by the Oregon set (in more ways then one :P ).

Anyway, yeah, that line of reasoning's terrible. Just terrible.

Archived