Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympics logo

Waffles

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USA had the World Cup in 94 and then Atlanta 1996 for the Olympics.

Also there is some murmuring that the logo looks very similar to the Telluride Foundation. Personally, I do see a similarity but I find it very hard to believe that it's a rip-off of that logo -- the figures and the arcs that they create.

tf_logo.jpg

I'm Brazilian-American so I wish you guys could understand the video from the design firm. But either way, you can at least see how they developed the logo. Very cool!

This is the design firm's site.

http://www.tatil.com.br/

Click also on the purple PLUS (+) sign. It takes you to another link with some pictures, including the logo superimposed on the Sugar Loaf Mountain.

This is the kind of logo you would expect from a world class event like the Olympics. I am blown away at how great this logo is. The London logo should make the whole country of England weep from shame.

England's not a country :P

The Rio 2016 logo is lightyears ahead of the craptastic London 2012 logo. It's fantastic. I just don't think something like it would work for the CBF. For what it is, however, it works very well.

This is the kind of logo you would expect from a world class event like the Olympics. I am blown away at how great this logo is. The London logo should make the whole country of England weep from shame.

The Rio 2016 logo is lightyears ahead of the craptastic London 2012 logo. It's fantastic. I just don't think something like it would work for the CBF. For what it is, however, it works very well.

When you compare the Rio logo to the World Cup logo...man i want to cover my face in shame. The Rio logo is just that good -- I also really love the font and how it just works perfectly with the logo itself. I don't really hate the World Cup logo but it just is a bit too plain for me.

When you compare the Rio logo to the World Cup logo...man i want to cover my face in shame. The Rio logo is just that good -- I also really love the font and how it just works perfectly with the logo itself. I don't really hate the World Cup logo but it just is a bit too plain for me.

Are we comparing the Rio 2016 logo to the Brazil 2014 World Cup logo or the CBF logo? Earlier you were talking about how the CBF should adopt something similar to the Rio 2016 logo.

The Rio 2016 logo is, in my opinion, superior to the 2014 World Cup logo. In comparison to the CBF logo, however? Well I think the CBF logo is near perfect for what it's used for, and adopting a logo like the Rio 2016 logo to replace it would be a mistake.

Are we comparing the Rio 2016 logo to the Brazil 2014 World Cup logo or the CBF logo? Earlier you were talking about how the CBF should adopt something similar to the Rio 2016 logo.

The Rio 2016 logo is, in my opinion, superior to the 2014 World Cup logo. In comparison to the CBF logo, however? Well I think the CBF logo is near perfect for what it's used for, and adopting a logo like the Rio 2016 logo to replace it would be a mistake.

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I meant to say that since the CBF is involved in the WC bid process, I wish they had chosen to adopt a nicer logo for the official logo for WC2014 -- and I quite remember the discussion found here on this forum. It was quite the outcry!

With respect to CBF's actual badge, I've always been partial to the logo used in the late 70s and early 80s. It incorporated the original Jules Rimet Trophy as well as a coffee bean.

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/sites/default/files/0022/8655/brand.gif

The mothership just tweeted this: People are calling plagiarism! http://www.morethanthegames.co.uk/rio-2016/0213533-rio-2016-designer-defends-logo-against-plagiarism-claim

telluridefoundationrio2016.jpg

What do you think?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

• 10 months later...

Yes, I have decided to resurrect a nearly 11-month old thread... to post the Paralympic logo.

logo-para-g.png

What's it supposed to be?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Is anyone else upset about the fact that Brazil gets the Olympics and the World Cup in the same year?

There has never been an Olympics in South America, its long overdue.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived