NFL playoffs

GriffinM6

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craaaaap. Just like I feared, the Pats plain didn't show up to play -- this ain't on Belichick. I absolutely cannot stand that this vindicates the Jets' obnoxious shtick, but there's no way around the fact that they backed it up and the Pats had another Super Bowl XLII-type no-show, so they can do whatever the hell they want. Ugh.

I think that at some point, moronic plays like Shonn Greene scoring that last TD will come back to bite the Jets. If he falls down right past the first down line, they can finish the game off with kneeldowns, but instead he greedily went for the TD and soon enough, the Pats were a close onside kick away from having a very solid chance of tying. I was really hoping he would pay for that and Brady would get a miraculous poetic justice TD. It didn't happen, but that was plain stupid. To beat Pittsburgh, NY will have to play smarter.

Cujo is not going to let Tank live that Jets/Pats pick down.

So much for 51-0.

Hell naw. Tank is nothing but a hater, always will be. How he is a forum mod and is allowed to have his own weekly thread dedicated to predict games in the fashion that he did as an absolute joke and a disgrace to the CCSLC commumnity. 52-0?? That was nothing but a taunt. If you're gonna be the founder of the "Sports E-cyclopedia" and you're gonna roll wtih THAT kind of prediction, there is NO WAY you or your page should EVER be taken seriously again.

6uXNWAo.png

Craaaaap. Just like I feared, the Pats plain didn't show up to play -- this ain't on Belichick. I absolutely cannot stand that this vindicates the Jets' obnoxious shtick, but there's no way around the fact that they backed it up and the Pats had another Super Bowl XLII-type no-show, so they can do whatever the hell they want. Ugh.

I think that at some point, moronic plays like Shonn Greene scoring that last TD will come back to bite the Jets. If he falls down right past the first down line, they can finish the game off with kneeldowns, but instead he greedily went for the TD and soon enough, the Pats were a close onside kick away from having a very solid chance of tying. I was really hoping he would pay for that and Brady would get a miraculous poetic justice TD. It didn't happen, but that was plain stupid. To beat Pittsburgh, NY will have to play smarter.

Nope. Had the Pats recovered they would have needed a huge pass or two from Brady. Yeah, the score was close at the end, but the Patriots would not have a "solid chance of tying" had they recovered the onside kick.

<------------ On the Jet

JETS WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

The Jets have sent Manning and Brady packing. If they can knock out Roethlisberger? Wow.

If they knock out Roethlisberger I will start being a Jets fan. Honestly. They'll move to 2nd on the list.

i hope we can finish the job! LET'S GO JETS!!!!!!

It's time EVERYONE gets on Rex's Jumbo Jet -- The ONLY bird that didn't die this weekend.

Next week is Pittsburgh. We worked the Steelers in Pittsburgh a month ago. Time to do it again!

ed.jpg

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

6uXNWAo.png

Bart Scott: Master of the postgame interview. I think the wrestling folk call this a "work."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sal was a little taken aback.

Now my Seahawks lost and even though I'm disappointed Qwest won't be hosting the NFC championship game, Bears vs Packers will be one hell of a game. Matt Hasselbeck looked real good again today, but his receivers let him down though. With his performance the last two weeks Matt probably just earned himself and good contract for next season. Marshawn Lynch went back to being useless, and if it wasn't for last week I would cut the guy. This team has a lot of holes and they kinda screwed themselves for next year by winning and getting a low draft pick. I'm still not sold on Pete Caroll, the players seem to like him but that doesn't really mean anything. Should be an interesting off season.

Bart Scott: Master of the postgame interview. I think the wrestling folk call this a "work."

That is pure venom, my friends. You can bet he and the Jets are gonna take this with them to the 'Burgh for next Sunday's slobberknocker.

6uXNWAo.png

I'll just throw this out there.

The media's been more or less carrying on about how the Jets' arrogant bombast will lead them to ruin. Given how the Patriots conducted their 4th quarter offense with a deliberate lack of urgency, but rather with the mental sense that it would work out in the end, would it be fair to say that the Patriots let their own mental arrogance and bombast get the better of them?

Also, its safer to score the TD than risk some mischance or another striking the Jets offense against the Patriots.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Being a sports fan, above all, should be about having fun. I'm no Jets fan, and I won't claim to be one now. Their fans, however, should be allowed to enjoy their team's victory over the top quarterback of this generation. If you, as a fan, cannot have fun after a game like that, when can you have fun?

Everyone whining about "arrogant Jets fans" is, to be honest, just being bitter.

Being a sports fan, above all, should be about having fun. I'm no Jets fan, and I won't claim to be one now. Their fans, however, should be allowed to enjoy their team's victory over the top quarterback of this generation. If you, as a fan, cannot have fun after a game like that, when can you have fun?

Everyone whining about "arrogant Jets fans" is, to be honest, just being bitter.

Nobody's whining about the Jet fans or the loss. But if you make a thread in this forum bragging about a single playoff victory when nobody else (Steeler/Bear/Packer fans) have done the same, then you deserve to get flamed for your ignorance.

Nobody's whining about the Jet fans or the loss. But if you make a thread in this forum bragging about a single playoff victory when nobody else (Steeler/Bear/Packer fans) have done the same, then you deserve to get flamed for your ignorance.

It just shows how pathetic they are. If you win the Super Bowl its understandable. But you won the AFC Divisional playoffs against a rival. Calm the hell down.

Archived