NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I don't have the official color specs (yet), but I did some color-matching to those crappy raster marks and came up with - what I believe - are the actual colors:

WinnipegJets_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the "Jets" part of the word mark the best. Though even then they could have done more like not have "Winnipeg" in generic font above and perhaps have a jet flying out of one end of the script. A little nod to the 70's Jets script logo.

As far as the primary. Others have hit part of the spot with the plain circle around it. It looks like Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club should be written inside it. Also the Jet itself is really plain. Especially compared to the maple leaf right behind it. Overall it looks like a 5 minute design job.

I don't have the official color specs (yet), but I did some color-matching to those crappy raster marks and came up with - what I believe - are the actual colors:

WinnipegJets_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

I posted the official leaked colours earlier in the thread... here they are again:

Capture.png

Also, unless it's a Commonwealth English convention that I don't know about, they misspelled "fueled" on their masthead.

untitled-70.jpg

According to Merriam-Webster:

- fuel (verb)

- fueled or fuelled | fuel·ing or fuel·ling

- Definition of FUEL: transitive verb - 1: to provide with fuel

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Also, unless it's a Commonwealth English convention that I don't know about, they misspelled "fueled" on their masthead.

My Canadian Press caps and spelling says it's "fuelled". Also: "fuelling," "fuel cell," "fuel injection."

So basically, they're the Blue Jackets.

There's a royal blue in there, too.

Only one Blue...and it's Navy.

(Can't find where those original leaked colors were posted, but mine still look very close.)

EDIT: Just saw the logosheet...looks like some sort of lighter Blue as well.

The position of the maple leaf on the wordmark makes it look like and apostrophe. Thus it reads "Jet's" to me.

Going back to how this was rushed. Given more time and more look over something like that can be picked up and fixed.

What draws my eye immediately, and for the record, stands out as inconsistent and unnecessary, is the white wedge above the nose of the jet. Shrink the jet by 5% and take out the wedge, other than that, I might actually be able to live with it!

BroncosSig.jpg

I really don't get the love for the wordmark. I think that's the worst part.

I also don't like them using two blues and two reds, not to mention two silvers. The maple leaf should have been solid red and more depth (or an outline) should have been put on the jet to emphasize it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived