NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First page of Google image search for "Manitoba Moose RCAF"

Jaffray-MOOSE-Military-2008-Front.jpg

uvfo.jpg

Clearly a Photoshop. Look at the numbers, neckline, and background. Everyone breathe now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

THAT fooled people? On this board? Come onnnnnnnn.

Lotta folks gettin' twitchy about this one. You could probably 'shop in a custom numeral font on a '96 Jets jersey and get someone to bite at this point.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Interesting look back on "The Thrasher" from the NHL Guardian Project. It's as if the team's destiny was already written in advance and they were giving us hints to their future location. I know it's all pure coincidence, but it's interesting nonetheless...

013011ThrashBig.jpg

The Thrasher is the fastest of the Guardians and his skill of flight in terms of maneuvering far surpass any of the other "Birds" in the Guardian Air Force. For propulsion, the Thrasher uses twin turbine jet engines attached to his boots. Two more jets are located on his forearms that slide forward over his hands when deployed. He uses these hand cannons for maneuvering, and at times as a weapon.

The Thrasher is capable of flying at 5 times the speed of sound. To achieve this feat the Thrasher has a titanium canopy that, when deployed surrounds his entire body encasing him in a futuristic looking Jet Plane. His entire flight suit and canopy are infused with stealth technology making him an ideal choice for reconnaissance or first strike missions. Atlanta is a major manufacturer of cruise missiles and as a result the Thrasher has a variety of mini-cruise missiles at his disposal. He's a lean mean fighting machine.

The Thrasher is the fastest of the Guardians and his skill of flight in terms of maneuvering far surpass any of the other "Birds" in the Guardian Air Force. For propulsion, the Thrasher uses twin turbine jet engines attached to his boots. Two more jets are located on his forearms that slide forward over his hands when deployed. He uses these hand cannons for maneuvering, and at times as a weapon.

The Thrasher is capable of flying at 5 times the speed of sound. To achieve this feat the Thrasher has a titanium canopy that, when deployed surrounds his entire body encasing him in a futuristic looking Jet Plane. His entire flight suit and canopy are infused with stealth technology making him an ideal choice for reconnaissance or first strike missions. Atlanta is a major manufacturer of cruise missiles and as a result the Thrasher has a variety of mini-cruise missiles at his disposal. He's a lean mean fighting machine.

So really--to move ahead on that project, they only need to update the logo and the name...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

"RT @cad1486: @icethetics Winnipeg Jets new color scheme: White, black and steel blue. Source is one of the guys repainting MTS Centre."

Icethetics is reporting the Jets with a color scheme that nobody really thought of. Thoughts? For once, I'm hoping for a red-white-blue team.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

"RT @cad1486: @icethetics Winnipeg Jets new color scheme: White, black and steel blue. Source is one of the guys repainting MTS Centre."

Icethetics is reporting the Jets with a color scheme that nobody really thought of. Thoughts? For once, I'm hoping for a red-white-blue team.

Sounds like false rumours to me. That would be ridiculous.

That's all that's going around Winnipeg right now, I'm not doubting it one bit at this point. Why exactly would that be ridiculous?

That's all that's going around Winnipeg right now, I'm not doubting it one bit at this point. Why exactly would that be ridiculous?

Because True North said the colours were going to be similar to the old jets.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Because True North said the colours were going to be similar to the old jets.

Similar, but not identical.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Sounds similar to the colors TrueNorth uses for its press conference backdrops.

unledmyl.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

So on one hand it's "they're going with a RCAF/CFAC theme" which would necessitate some sort of red, white, and blue scheme. And on the other hand it's "they're going black, white, steel blue."

I wouldn't mind either, actually. With Tampa Bay playing Original 6 there's room for a black, white, and blue team in the league.

Archived