NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not gonna lie, I actually don't mind them at all...Granted the original was pretty good, this is a new team with no real ties to the original other that the name. It is a simple logo and ties well with the RCAF....I just hope the jerseys are some type of Reebok inspired design.

The freaking leaf is the focal point of the identity. It looks like a lot of work went into designing the leaf, which appears on both logos and the wordmark (where it looks slapped on). However, the jet in the primary logo looks slap-dash and the primary is the only logo that actually features a jet. Overall, this set is a letdown.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think it would've worked better if the wordmark had the leaf in the curve of the J. Hell, you could probably make a decent logo out of that.

Also, a boring logo mans that it hasn't been affected by various design trends and fads, so it'll never look dated, only boring. I think in 10 years we'll really love this logo. Right now? meh. But meh is better than yuck.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm imagining the design process went something like this....

Chipman: I'm a big fan of Captain America. Let's just use his shield as a logo.

Designer: But that logo is filled with American symbols. This is a Canadian hockey team.

Chipman: OK, then swap out the star for a maple leaf. Done.

Designer: But your team name is called the "Winnipeg Jets." Don't you think it should include a jet?

Chipman: Sure. Just slap a jet on there. Fine. And put a little notch on top for True North. Can't let the local forget who saved hockey in Winnipeg, after all.

I really like the alternate logo and the wordmark. And the primary'll probably grow on me, it just feels plain without the team name around the circle! :P

Your exactly right. Something like Winnipeg Jets on top, Hockey Club on the bottom. We'll probably be seeing a Welcome Back Jets patch, when the unis are unveiled.

also this.

Brand Identity

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The primary logo looks like it was decided on by a group of people who really don't give a :censored: about the aesthetics of hockey logos. The word mark, on the other hand, is gorgeous. I wish it were the primary.

Jesus Christ people, get a grip!

Everytime a logo is released everyone seems to blow it way out of proportion saying its the worst thing they've ever seen only to embrace it a month later. Maybe this will put things into perspective.

110722logosnews.jpg > dhhc15gfgtog1qo5b5uwpz8.gif

It's all just so awful... none of it would look out of place in the Central League or SPHL or possibly on the label of some really bad beer.

I have to imagine this will be another situation where whatever alternate they come up with will eventually / quickly become the primary.

That's a fairly cool wordmark, I like the idea of the primary, but I feel it could have been done way better for being a professional team logo. The winged logo is my least favorite, overall... it's ok... I guess... though internally this sort of sucks to see.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived