New York Jets

Lights Out

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly "ooooh"ed when I first saw the oregon-esque green. I really like it. With that brightness, it would really pop on tv, and there's a lot of contrast there. In the slightly flatter colors that a computer monitor and drawing gives, it almost has a vintage-white effect, but it totally isn't. I don't know how to describe it. I love it.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Update:

jets4.png

The helmet has been changed to account for the helmet ridge. Now the back stripe wouldn't have to be awkwardly cut off.

Plus an alternate:

jetsalt.png

Better... but not great. The alt is a disaster.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

love the concept. the two shades of green look nice, but maybe add some more white to the uniform (outline of the numbers) or outline the ny in white maybe. Also is it just me or should the pants logo be flip horizontally?

3535rx3.jpg

I REALLY like that helmet logo.

Otherwise, I don't know if I'd like to see the Jets wear black uniforms. But for a concept, it's fantastic. Great job.

Wuh? :therock:

I think someone needs to adjust their monitor.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Only real question or comment I have is:

Why is the jet flying upside down on the pants? And how come no one else has noticed it and I'm the only one who thinks that's weird?

Ok that's two, possibly three questions so sue me, ;) but you the first one's the important one. IMO if you're gonna repeat a motif from the helmet elsewhere on the uniform it should be repeated faithfully otherwise it's just confusing and dilutes the mark. I'd flip the pant stripe over so that when guys are in a three-point stance the jet looks like it's the right way up, or I'd change it for something else all together.

If someone had said to me they were gonna do a green on green concept I'd have thought it would never work, but there are a few here I quite like so great job, but I'd be careful about some of your possible choices for the highlight green a few are straying dangerously close to the lime green used by the Seahawks, not that there aren't teams around the league that share the same colours you understand it's just I think that shade is minging! :D

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Updates:

jets5.png

jetsalt2.png

Hopefully the pants are alright now.

That's better but I had envisaged it the way Ink has suggested with the jet at the knee and the tail up at the hip, so it is flying in the same direction as the one on the helmet but like I said I think even with it this way it works better than previously because the jets are at least both the same way up now.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived