Dallas Stars goalie mask (Tombstone theme)

mmejia

That is one major cool mask.. very nice theme for that mask...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Hot dang....that's probably one of the coolest masks I've ever seen. Totally love it!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

He got rid of Chuck Norris? :down:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

He ought to be roundhouse kicked for that.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'll go against the grain here.

This airbrush trend with goalie masks needs to end.

I agree that there have been some not-so-great airbrush jobs on goalie masks, and hand-painted will almost always be better. However, this is one airbrush job that I gotta say I love.l

Why? What would you prefer a league with goalies wearing boring white masks? Or even worse, like MLB where catchers can only have boring MLB approved designs? Remind me not to hang around you. You're no fun. :P

Why? What would you prefer a league with goalies wearing boring white masks? Or even worse, like MLB where catchers can only have boring MLB approved designs? Remind me not to hang around you. You're no fun. :P

Way to jump to conclusions.

I have no problem with painted masks. It's the current airbrushed look that I dislike.

Some examples....

Good

hextallgif.gif

Bad

5064786617_9ac467041e.jpg

Good

brodeur-2.gif

Bad

4444529140_31b4ffacf4_o.jpg

I'm not sure if it's the airbrushing I don't like, but some masks are just too detailed today. A mask should be "readable" from 20 ft away, imo. Too many crazy masks that are impossible to sort out unless you're holding it in your hands.

Nobody has mentioned yet that Tombstone is in Arizona? ^_^

Archived