Seattle Mariners at Florida Marlins...

bterreson

Among the big 120 teams, where do you, the CCSLCer, rank the Marlins in utter odiousness? I could be persuaded into putting them right at the tippity top.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Among the big 120 teams, where do you, the CCSLCer, rank the Marlins in utter odiousness? I could be persuaded into putting them right at the tippity top.

I concur.

Indubitably.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I've always wondered why things like this happen. You'd think the stadium would be aware of issues like this and have MLB create a schedule to work around this.

And miss the opportunity to rake in the home share of 3 games where people actually show up? That's just plain loco man.

That's the issue. Even sharing the gates with the Mariners, they'll make way more off of this series than they would at home. Same with the Blue Jays. I wonder whether any effort was made at all to avoid this conflict.

I wonder whether we'll start to see more instances where conflicts send low-attendance teams on the road to "host" high attendance teams. I hope not. It messes with the integrity of the pennant races. Florida and Seattle may not do much damage, this year, but NL East opponents would not have been wrong to be upset about Philly getting the extra home games last year. I know this is not realistic, but I'd like MLB to put money aside and say that these games must be played at a neutral site geographically closer to the scheduled home team. This would enable the games (host team schedule dependent) at the Trop, Atlanta, etc. or minor league parks. Seattle should not get free home games.

(That said, I hope an NL Team does this with the twins, just so I can go to Target field, watch the Twins in their road unis and see an NL-rules game.)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Remember when the Rays would play home games in Orlando? I wonder if the Marlins could've done that. There probably aren't quite as many Marlins fans in Orlando, but there aren't many in Miami either, and I can't imagine there are very many in Seattle. Man, I hate this team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

IHL's Soviet Wings = MLB's Florida Marlins of Miami, both have to be the most irrelevant team in their respective leagues.

I don't think it's fair to compare a Russian exhibition team that played an abbreviated traveling schedule with the Marlins. We'd probably be better off picking on the poor Albany Choppers.

Thank you board members for spitting in my face. <_< Trust me the new ballpark will attract a lot more fans,you'll see,you'll all see.

Oh God, now you're going to build a death ray or something.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This whole saga has proven how much pull Bono and his group have... I mean, come on! They booted out an MLB team so they get the time to prepare for a one day concert.

I'd say that's not fair to the Marlins... But, it's the Marlins. If it wasn't for the Florida Panthers being in the same zip code as the Marlins, they would be pretty irrelevent at this point (And yes, the Marlins have won a couple of World Series... But, World Champion teams don't gut their team the way the Marlins did).

This whole saga has proven how much pull Bono and his group have... I mean, come on! They booted out an MLB team so they get the time to prepare for a one day concert.

I'd say that's not fair to the Marlins... But, it's the Marlins. If it wasn't for the Florida Panthers being in the same zip code as the Marlins, they would be pretty irrelevent at this point (And yes, the Marlins have won a couple of World Series... But, World Champion teams don't gut their team the way the Marlins did).

Hate to say it,but when your concert setup looks like this, you probably need more time:

b4s_concert1009a_88661c.jpg

Three games for Seattle to be an NL city. Fun.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

• 2 weeks later...

I've always wondered why things like this happen. You'd think the stadium would be aware of issues like this and have MLB create a schedule to work around this.

Because the Dolphins own the stadium and don't give a :censored: about the Marlins.

The Dolphins and everyone else.

Jets_zps66b1c061.png

You know I think a new fun wrinkle for Interleague play would be NL rules in AL stadiums and Vice Versa.

This comes up (among fans anyway) from time to time and I totally agree.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Couldn't they have moved the 3 game series to San Juan, Puerto Rico's Hiram Bithorn Stadium... just as they did last year for a 3 game series vs. the Mets.

That's what I was thinking. Or some other neutral venue. What a slap in the face to have to play a "home" game at an away stadium (not that it will be a big change for the Marlins. They're used to having no support in the stands...). Plus to be fair they were supposed to be out of Sun Life already and have long since outlived their welcome.

You know I think a new fun wrinkle for Interleague play would be NL rules in AL stadiums and Vice Versa.

This comes up (among fans anyway) from time to time and I totally agree.

Totally on board with this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived