2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Blanton had a reputation as an "innings eater" (which means "you suck, but at least you don't wear out.")

Guy's such a gluttonous fatass, he even eats his sport's modality of timekeeping.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's April, which means that the Braves will be in danger of being no-hit at least 3 times during this month. Tonight is one of those 3 times, as Josh Johnson of the Marlins has a no-no through 7 1/3.

EDIT: nvm. Freddie Freeman just broke it up not even one minute after I posted this.

Blanton had a reputation as an "innings eater" (which means "you suck, but at least you don't wear out.")

Guy's such a gluttonous fatass, he even eats his sport's modality of timekeeping.

When he goes to restaurants he actually orders innings. Medium rare.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

When he goes to restaurants he actually orders innings. Medium rare.

Does Joe Blanton read the menu and say "OK"?

Its become like Ground Hog Day score early don't score again, leave a hundred people on base, miss-plays in the field bullpen sucks Mets go down feebly

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Hey Tank (or any other Met fans on these boards for that matter), you keeping track of how many leads the Mets have blown so far? I've lost track

Whaddya know they blew leads in both games of the doubleheader today <_<

I think the smart but painful thing to do for the Mets would be to start looking to unload guys like Wright, Reyes, Santana and just basically start from scratch.

The team is going nowhere, and even if they did everything right going forward I still think it would be at least two years before they could seriously be competitive with this roster. They have no farm system at all and unless they are going to go crazy with free agent spending, that's what they need to be focusing on. The guys I mentioned are their best chips, they can get alot for them, I'd unload them are start building for the future. I think once they can get a team mainly built around younger players like Thole, Ike Davis, and Jenrry Mejia and have a record of around .500 then maybe start looking back into signing some big free agents, but I would rather keep my draft picks if I were the Mets for now.

Like Shea Jones before him, Citi Tulowitzki will be on his way shortly.

Poor kid I guess it could be worse his dad could be a hockey player and named Jobbing

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

238 posts and counting in ONE WEEK. WOO

That'll do anything but win you friends, here. Seriously...you've been averaging 36 posts a day, for the week you've been here.

And yet, if they both continue at their current paces, she will only catch Tank on August 14, 2014.

True but his her Quality Post Percentage will end up being lower than Tank's and Tank is basically the Mendosa line (or Tank-dosa as someone called it) of QPs and PQPP. (for more detailed stats and an explanation of QPs and other postmetrics look here and here.

BB52Big.jpg

I like this new concept in the MLB of the team with the least wins being declared the champions. It adds a whole new dynamic that I'm sure the fans are enjoying.

Wait, that's not where they're doing. Well, :censored: ! Somebody better tell the Red Sox about that!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived