Uniform Comeback Game

TheGrimReaper

hW9v6CTECEoW2aR.jpg

Pinstripe Pacers unis. The new ones aren't bad, they're just bland as hell. Hell even their court is bland. The circa 99 era pacers unis and conseco fieldhouse were a match made in jersey/court paint heaven.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like the Red Sox to return to their red-letter away jersey. I really felt this was the best road uni they had.

Since this is a "wish list," they also have to bring back the red/white/blue stirrups and get rid of all their alternate uniform combos.

al_1995_boston.gif

Most importantly BLUE Undershirts.

If you could pick one uniform from the Big 4 sports (or if you must, you can pick soccer,etc, but please no minor leagues) that isn't used at all anymore, to make a comeback, what would it be? And please limit it to 1 uniform/uniform set. (It can be either one uniform, or the whole Home/Road/Alt set)

An example of this would be picking the mid 80's California Angels uniforms.

Note: You cannot pick a uniform that is currently being used in any way. It would ruin what I'm trying to do. And it has to be for a team that is in existence.

I'd vote for the Marlins 1993 identity to come back-

White Home PS

White Home Alternate with Teal Sleeves

White Home Alternate with Black Sleeves

Away with FLORIDA on chest

and the BP Jersey (Teal with Silver script).

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I was struggling to make a decision between:

home_jersey-1992_big3.jpg

and

stars_jersey.JPG

But the OP asked for teams in existence and it's debatable if those would count (Dallas is a stretch and Colorado flat out probably is a fail.)

My next thought was this Leafs set

1676919168.jpg

Mainly because of nostalgic yearnings of HNIC viewing in my youth. But, the Leafs current jerseys aren't awful.

So, I'll go with the original Sharks. Because I hate their current look.

preview_763_59298.jpg

spikes.jpg

hW9v6CTECEoW2aR.jpg

Pinstripe Pacers unis. The new ones aren't bad, they're just bland as hell. Hell even their court is bland. The circa 99 era pacers unis and conseco fieldhouse were a match made in jersey/court paint heaven.

Those are nice, and I know you weren't arguing if they were original or not, but I'll go that route; those uniforms are the most unoriginal uniforms in the history of sports.

I'd have to think of which uniforms I want to come back, so I guess I broke the rules of the thread. Perhaps I'll have a uniform to post later.

The Magic unis seen here:

T_1.jpg

The Hawks unis shown here: (some of the most underrated NBA uniforms, IMO)

scaled.augmon_hawks_t653.jpg

The 76ers unis seen here:

9697SixersDriveJerryStackhouse.jpg

BTW: eray covered my favorite NFL uniforms ever. Beauts.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I was struggling to make a decision between:

home_jersey-1992_big3.jpg

and

stars_jersey.JPG

But the OP asked for teams in existence and it's debatable if those would count (Dallas is a stretch and Colorado flat out probably is a fail.)

My next thought was this Leafs set

1676919168.jpg

Mainly because of nostalgic yearnings of HNIC viewing in my youth. But, the Leafs current jerseys aren't awful.

So, I'll go with the original Sharks. Because I hate their current look.

preview_763_59298.jpg

For the Nordiques and North Stars, you could pick those. The actual franchises are still around, but just in a different location. Those count.

Archived