Uniform Comeback Game

TheGrimReaper

NBA:

John-Stockton.jpg

I'm usually a traditionalist, but I absolutely loved these uniforms for nostalgic reasons. So many good memories of these uniforms growing up, and some AMAZING teams wearing them.

uniforms_kings_richmond.jpg

The Kings never looked better, in my opinion. I prefer this over anything they've worn, including the baby blues.

p-105781-antonio-mcdyess-autographed-hand-signed-8x10-photo-denver-nuggets-aw-10465.jpg

Along with the Kings, a product of the 90's that was new, but classy.

image_php_518914.jpg

Loved the colors, loved the simplicity. Awesome set.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^That Chargers one would have potential if they were consistent. That random powder stripe on the pants bugs the absolute HELL out of me. Just remove that and have the bolt on white like on the helmet and sleeve, and it's fixed.

NFL:

Count me is as a fan of the Campbell-era Oilers, ram-horn-sleeve Rams, and the 90's Seahawks.

I'll also throw in:

11544-steve_young_49ers_superbowl_29_24_36_325_yds_record_6_td_passes.jpg

I really didn't think anything was wrong with this set. The currents are good, but I personally prefer the darker maroon-ish color for the 49ers over the bright red.

jake-plummer-arizona-cardinals-headshot-autographed-photograph-3337656.jpg

I loved the Arizona state flag on the sleeve for some reason. I just thought it looked really appealing.

MLB:

yogi-berra.jpg

This isn't the 70's anymore, New York. Time to simplify the road, make it happen.

294537242_4c2cea1971_o.jpg

It could probably do without the sleeve patch (kinda clutters the uniform up a bit, I think. It's already got alot going on for it), but this was a fantastic uniform. I was never a fan of "tequila sunrise", and think this was a far superior and classier uniform.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

My MLB cont.:

clemente.jpg

It was a hard time deciding just one for the Pirates (it was between this and the awesome vests), but I think this is a very underrated uniform and one linked to success. If it were to comeback, IDK if I'd go for the pullover style, but a button-up inspired by this would be an amazing uniform.

Also, count me in for the already-mentioned Gonzo-era Diamondbacks. They should have never changed, I still don't understand why they did.

NHL:

goalie_jean_giguere.jpg

Call it what you want, despise it if you want. My personal opinion is that this is an awesome set.

81372721.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5481F285F0F764BDACEDD0C3FF330C426D293D3519A49B31A84

They got it right the first time, that's for sure.

article_29482_2.jpg

I'm likely in the minority here, but I think the Kings also got it right the first time.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I'm surprised these haven't shown up sooner in the thread. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present the best NFL uniform ever...

But the best NFL uniform ever is currently being worn already. :P

usc%20chargers%20dodgers%20027.preview.JPG

You would have had a great argument if you'd gone with these...

chargers.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed the Bolts are playing the Browns in that picture. That game would have definitely made the top of my "best looking games" list for that week.

BB52Big.jpg

wg-milwaukee-brewers-4.jpg

1990 Milwaukee Brewers.

Game over.

I don't understand why the above style uniform hasn't been converted into this template:

fm0xbms6o2rgev2so5befz813-1.gif

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

For teams still in existence: put me down for the early 80's Charger's unis already pictured in this thread with the Fouts pic. BTW, it must be the set with yellow pants and lightning bolts. I get ticked when Madden doesn't include the yellow pants with bolts.

For a relocated team: The early 1980s Expos with pinwheel hats, powder road blues, thick stripes. Sweet.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

image_php_653697.jpg

5ce87f6aacb64e97338eeffd5d80ea44fa358c95.jpg?x=574&y=418&sig=907ee62e7d259beee054a3001ebb0b18

Wow. I thought I was the only person around here that liked those.

My man cave is a shrine to that helmet and logo. I've been buying stuff off ebay for ten years. There's very little tiger stripe stuff in the collection.

As for the follow-up comments, I'm not naive enough to think that they'd ever go back to it full-time, nor should they. But as was suggested, they should wear them once or twice a year, just to throw a bone to us old-timers. As a kid, I dreamed of seeing that uniform in the Super Bowl, and we missed it by one season. :(

And I agree that the stripes were better, but I must say I'm partial to the original stripes (before '96 or '97 or whenever the change was made).

It makes me sad to see my team looking like they do now. A losing team would be more fun to root for if they, at least, had good uniforms. At some point, they really need to go back to some version of the 1981-2003 stripes. Anything but the mess they are now.

I'm surprised these haven't shown up sooner in the thread. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present the best NFL uniform ever...

redskins_lg.jpgredskins2_display_image.jpg?1291321353P_6.jpg

I could definitely live with those. I wouldn't accept many changes to the Skins uniforms, but those I wouldn't mind seeing full-time.

87Redskins.png

redskins_lg.jpgredskins2_display_image.jpg?1291321353P_6.jpg

I could definitely live with those. I wouldn't accept many changes to the Skins uniforms, but those I wouldn't mind seeing full-time.

I also wouldn't mind the Skins going back to these full time... I always was curious how an away version of this would look (in my head it always looked sexy).

I'd also be curious to see this design in our current colors, just to compare em a bit.

90758391980.gif

I'm usually not a fan of throwbacks, but as a die-hard Pacers fan (I go back to the ABA days), I'd LOVE to see these again:

ny-reggie-miller.jpg

The fact that it took 5 pages to see this mentioned is a damn shame.

And, call me crazy, but:

SanDiegoPadresJerseyHistory1990.jpg

Call me crazy, but:

SanDiegoPadresJerseyHistory1990.jpg

That's not crazy at all. That's just one of maybe a half dozen Padre uniforms that is miles ahead of anything they've worn since switching to navy blue. Not my favorite one, mind you (I'd probably go with an early Brown and Gold version), but really nice, all the same.

Archived