ESPN The Magazine Style Report

pheer

Lakers uni is decent... has an old school vibe to it. The rest are crap.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yeah, the only one worth a damn was the Lakers. The rest were garish, but then, I don't know what they were expecting when they enlisted him.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

The Yankees one is an improvement. The only problem is the logo. The Lakers font is boring, and there shouldn't be red in the Cowboys shirt, but otherwise those are good, as well.

These aren't going to be traditional designs; if you're getting a fashion designer like Hilfiger in there it has to be to produce something unique.

I like them all except the Yankees really. He purposely chose to significantly alter 4 of the most iconic unis in sports which means he already was doomed to negative feedback from this forum. As far as fashion design (and that is what sports unis are like it or not), these are pretty nice. If you remove the team names off the jerseys, they really do look like Hilfiger products (understandably), but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. They are kinda classic, kinda preppy, and have a modern twist. I like them.

I also like his explanations of the designs, you can tell that this guy does fashion for a living and really understands the craft. "The zigzag stitch along the front is one of the strongest stitches that can be applied to a garment to withstand pulling and tugging. It gives the uniform a cool twist, but it's functional, too." And, "I added a collar on the shirt because it always makes everyone look good, and the full button placket taken from our woven oxford shirt allows for a more finished look for the player's suit on game day."

I've always liked Hilfiger's clothes, I just never buy them because there is too much Hilfiger branding on them. Replace the Hilfiger branding with sports team branding and you've got some nice stuff.

Overall I don't agree with every move he made, but I'll give him props for original thinking and out of the box, but classic designs.

Nothing but trendy-inspired crap...stick to making polos and private school uniforms.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The standardized logos were the cherry on top of this turd sundae. I know these are the marquee franchises in their respective sports, but laurels and a king's crown? Really? Would Hilfilger have used that logo for perennial doormat teams like the Cincinnati Bengals? If he wouldn't, the logo is elitist. If he would, it's just plain silly.

CCSLC signature.png

Those stars represent the team as a whole, while the helmet represents the player as an individual. We also liked the idea of making each player a star and enlarging it to include his number so everyone would be easily identifiable on camera, even when they're piled up on the field searching for a fumbled ball!"

:censored:in' Nerd

bufg.png

It's a concept people. Holy cow. I've seen worse stuff in the concept section of this board and I've seen, "Great job!" It's a concept, while you may not like it, it's not worse than some of the stuff people post as concepts on this site. Heck, at least it's not another friggin' recolorization or a minor tweak to a uniform that no one would notice unless the poster pointed it out. Yeah it's a concept, an out of the box fashion inspired concept, but that's exactly what it's suppose to be. I see crappier produced fashion jerseys than these. While I wouldn't buy the stuff, I don't find it to be crap. And heck, at least he's not stealing someone else's concept.

Of all the designers, Hilfiger is one of the least creative anyway. Wow blocks of red, white and blue on preppy clothes. What an amazing feat of artistic skill!!! The guy made it big because for one shining moment rappers wanted to dress like kids at a private college prep high school. How he hasn't faded into oblivion is beyond me.

Archived