2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Good god I HATE all of these damn corporate logos that are larger than the team's logo or anything else. WTF is wrong with European professional teams? Do they not make enough money that they have to rely on this crap? I LOVE the overall look of soccer (real football) uni's and a lot of these look amazing, but I just can't get past the annoying corporate logo's. Too NASCAR for me. :cursing:

Do we really need to rehash this discussion again? Apparently no soccer uniform thread on this site is complete without a debate on the propriety of sponsors' logos.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good god I HATE all of these damn corporate logos that are larger than the team's logo or anything else. WTF is wrong with European professional teams? Do they not make enough money that they have to rely on this crap? I LOVE the overall look of soccer (real football) uni's and a lot of these look amazing, but I just can't get past the annoying corporate logo's. Too NASCAR for me. :cursing:

#1 - How do you expect them to make all of that money w/ commercial free halves?

#2 - Just be grateful that teams don't look like this.

#3- Do we have to go down the road again?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

#1 - How do you expect them to make all of that money w/ commercial free halves?

I'd rather have commercials. It's not like we'd miss anything anyways....1-0 game is like watching paint dry.

Yet

Just speaking my opinion. NFL Europa was equally as annoying with the corporate NASCAR abuse.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I'd rather have commercials. It's not like we'd miss anything anyways....1-0 game is like watching paint dry.

Yet

Just speaking my opinion. NFL Europa was equally as annoying with the corporate NASCAR abuse.

1) You can't have a commercial during gameplay. That's just plain stupid.

1a) If you feel like that, then don't watch.

2) As you said before, the teams in the upper leagues make enough money to not have to look like that. Examples like what was shown are in lower hockey leagues.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

1) You can't have a commercial during gameplay. That's just plain stupid.

Valid point. Just sucks that can't get the money from other ideas.

1a) If you feel like that, then don't watch.

Don't. I fall asleep every time.

2) As you said before, the teams in the upper leagues make enough money to not have to look like that. Examples like what was shown are in lower hockey leagues.

True and sad.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Yet

Just speaking my opinion.

Sounds like your opinion has more to do with the sport than the topic at hand.

Maybe you should voice your thoughts here, instead.

Yet

Just speaking my opinion.

Sounds like your opinion has more to do with the sport than the topic at hand.

Maybe you should voice your thoughts here, instead.

No, not really. I'm 100% against the NASCAR look in sports. I understand that teams need to make money and this is a result of it, I just wish there were better ways to do it.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Anyone who suggests cutting away from a soccer game in order to show commercials because "nothing happens anyway" clearly A.) knows nothing about soccer, and B.) shouldn't be talking about it.

If I were watching a Man Utd or USMNT match and they cut away from the game to show commercials, I'd be livid. Just as livid as I would be if they did that during a Yankees, Jets, or Rangers game (or any other game, for that matter).

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Anyone who suggests cutting away from a soccer game in order to show commercials because "nothing happens anyway" clearly A.) knows nothing about soccer, and B.) shouldn't be talking about it.

If I were watching a Man Utd or USMNT match and they cut away from the game to show commercials, I'd be livid. Just as livid as I would be if they did that during a Yankees, Jets, or Rangers game (or any other game, for that matter).

Nothing much happens in MLB either, but there are breaks in the live action. Though I'll give MLB credit for trying to create ballparks that are suppose to be hitter friendly to make the game more exciting. Regardless, this is a uniform thread...not a Soccer 101 class. Bottom line, the NASCAR look needs to go away, but it's only going to continue to grow. Eventually, America's "big 3" will probably adopt it as well. Some NFL teams already have them on their practice uni's.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

0,,10278~9642862,00.jpg

As a Newcastle supporter, I must say, "Pure :censored:."

Good Lord, that's brutal... absolutely brutal.

Just sad.

Needs moar stripes!!1! But seriously the first year with Puma pure awesomeness that I actually bought the jersey, this is just awful.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Jersey-Qatar-F.jpg

this is supposed to be the home strip according to EMD in Barcelona.

doing a search for this shirt I have come across what is supposedly the new change strip:

Black-away-jersey.jpg

soccer_uni_nike1.png

That one is nice.

I believe that is a knockoff shirt, but that is the actual design. The collar is not like this one. But the full release is tomorrow. Unicef is still on the back, though if the shirt were tucked in you'd only see the top of it

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So sick of the stupid sponsors argument in every soccer jersey thread.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Jersey-Qatar-F.jpg

this is supposed to be the home strip according to EMD in Barcelona.

doing a search for this shirt I have come across what is supposedly the new change strip:

Black-away-jersey.jpg

soccer_uni_nike1.png

That one is nice.

I believe that is a knockoff shirt, but that is the actual design. The collar is not like this one. But the full release is tomorrow. Unicef is still on the back, though if the shirt were tucked in you'd only see the top of it

Def wanna see this one.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

So sick of the stupid sponsors argument in every soccer jersey thread.

As am I. There's sponsors on nearly every professional soccer uniform. Fans have gotten used to it. Why does every soccer thread have to turn into this same tired argument at some point?

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

For true soccer fans, it has gotten to the point where we can't imagine a shirt without a sponsor on the front. I can't imagine Arsenal without Fly Emirates, or Inter without Pirelli. It is what it is. If you hate the aesthetic look of uniform sponsors, then that's fine and understandable.

But please don't knock the game of soccer in this thread, if you want to - go ahead and start a new thread about how soccer sucks in the General forum, I'll add my $0.02 there.

For true soccer fans, it has gotten to the point where we can't imagine a shirt without a sponsor on the front. I can't imagine Arsenal without Fly Emirates, or Inter without Pirelli. It is what it is. If you hate aesthetic look of uniform sponsonrs, then that's fine and understandable.

But please don't knock the game of soccer in this thread, if you want to - go ahead and start a new thread about how soccer sucks in the General forum, I'll add my $0.02 there.

Very true and I'm def guilty of letting my hatred seep into my typing. I do apologize.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived