2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Away is supposed to launch the 29th (same day as Italy friendly) according to Eurosport.

Cool. And the red/white is supposed to be in April I recall?

Yep, that's the plan. On a side note, Eurosport did say that the possibility exists that the release date for the away kit could be moved up or back a bit. Regardless, I'd expect it to make the on field debut against Italy on the 29th.

Wait, qualifying is in March. So we're going to wear the new away and old home for that? Surely not...

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Away is supposed to launch the 29th (same day as Italy friendly) according to Eurosport.

Yep, that's the plan. On a side note, Eurosport did say that the possibility exists that the release date for the away kit could be moved up or back a bit. Regardless, I'd expect it to make the on field debut against Italy on the 29th.

Wait, qualifying is in March. So we're going to wear the new away and old home for that? Surely not...

Those dates may just be for when the shirts are available to the fans.

Do we still have no idea what the away shirts look like?

The 2012 USA away kit will debut late February / early March. First details on the away have leaked. The colors will be midnight navy and white. It also appears as if the preferred combos will be white / red hoops and navy shorts for the home and navy shirt and navy shorts for the away. We know this because the same pair of navy shorts is denoted as home and away. The away sock is listed as midnight navy, varsity red, football white, and football white. Not sure why white is listed twice. The track jackets look pretty sweet. Essentially a stripped down version of the current n98 jackets.

Nike 12 Spring Licensed Catalog

I'll quote an earlier post of mine for you, gdu!

The 2012 USA away kit will debut late February / early March. First details on the away have leaked. The colors will be midnight navy and white. It also appears as if the preferred combos will be white / red hoops and navy shorts for the home and navy shirt and navy shorts for the away. We know this because the same pair of navy shorts is denoted as home and away. The away sock is listed as midnight navy, varsity red, football white, and football white. Not sure why white is listed twice. The track jackets look pretty sweet. Essentially a stripped down version of the current n98 jackets.

Nike 12 Spring Licensed Catalog

I'll quote an earlier post of mine for you, gdu!

Gracias. Not sure how I missed that.

That would be a bummer if they didn't release the shirts till April. I was hoping to get a new home when I see them in Nashville...

So if the stripes are on the home....whats the odds of the away navy & white turning out to be stars?

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

That would be a bummer if they didn't release the shirts till April. I was hoping to get a new home when I see them in Nashville...

So if the stripes are on the home....whats the odds of the away navy & white turning out to be stars?

Hopefully low. Wd don't need a repeat of this:

sportspickle.fc4d1e53f3a0e530f83a346ed41b7eae.jpg

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Pardon my horrible photoshop skills (I'm Pre-law, not Graphic Design like most of yall) but I just put this together as to what I think would be a appropriate away kit to match the new home kits.

USMNT12AwayConcept+copy.jpg

If i knew how to i'd add in there the light sash and put the state initials on each star too. I hope its something like this, I dont really like the triangle on the shoulder designs.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Pardon my horrible photoshop skills (I'm Pre-law, not Graphic Design like most of yall) but I just put this together as to what I think would be a appropriate away kit to match the new home kits.

If i knew how to i'd add in there the light sash and put the state initials on each star too. I hope its something like this, I dont really like the triangle on the shoulder designs.

I would definetly enjoy something along the lines of this. Good work!

spacer.png

The Colorado Rapids made an announcement about the 2013 kits.

Posted February 6, 2012, 2:12 pm MT

Rapids want your name on their jerseys

Updated at 4:27 p.m….

The Rapids unveiled a “special fan initiative” Monday at an event in downtown Denver, announcing that supporters who purchase season tickets this year will have their names displayed on next year’s new home jerseys.

Yes, the type will have to be tiny to incorporate the names of all season ticket holders into the fabric of the shirt, but they will be readable. Fans will be able to buy authentic jerseys bearing the names as well.

“If you are a season ticket holder in 2012, you can be part of the fabric of the team, fabric of the shirt,” said Rapids president Tim Hinchey, the club’s former marketing chief who replaced Jeff Plush in December.

“It’s part of our “One Club” initiative. We want our supporters, players and front office standing shoulder to shoulder.”

The Rapids will wear redesigned Adidas jerseys next year, but the color scheme of burgundy and white will remain. Fans who purchase season tickets (new or renewal) by March 1 will have their names on those jerseys. The Rapids begin their season March 10 when they host the Columbus Crew.

Some speculated Monday’s event was planned to announce a new jersey sponsor for the team.

“I’m still working on that,” Hinchey said.

Footnotes

… The Rapids sold about 3,100 season tickets for the 2011 season, up from about 1,900 in 2010 (when they won the MLS Cup title). Adidas, which has a contract with the MLS to make team’s jerseys, will accommodate for an increase in the number of names if necessary.

… The Rapids will unveil new home and road uniforms for the 2013 season, with a larger makeover planned for the road jerseys. Those two uniforms will also be made by Adidas. MLS teams are allowed a uniform overhaul every two years.

… The idea of adding fan’s names to a team’s jersey has been experimented with before, including by Santos FC in Brazil. Sevilla FC in Spain also once allowed fans an opportunity to pay to have a small picture of themselves added to the team’s jerseys. –Nick Groke

2013Jersey_SneakPeak_DL.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

The interesting thing to me is that they're going to sublimate the fan's names onto the shirt if they purchase season tickets for the 2013 season. The piece then goes on to say that clubs are allowed to introduce new uniforms every two years. There are going to be some names on those shirts come 2014 with fans who bought in for 2013, but didn't renew the following year since Colorado cannot change their shirt two years in a row. Interesting. Essentially, if you buy in for one year of tickets, you'll get to be on the shirt for two years.

I could get behind something like that.

But I'd also love something like this french away shirt. It's one of my favorite shirts that has recently come out.

s100531.jpg

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

But I'd also love something like this french away shirt. It's one of my favorite shirts that has recently come out.

s100531.jpg

That shirt works so well for the French because it looks so... Well French. Wouldn't work as well for anyone else.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

s100531.jpg

That shirt works so well for the French because it looks so... Well French. Wouldn't work as well for anyone else.

it's true that it's so good because of the marinière influence, but I still think it's a slick shirt notwithstanding. I'm not saying copy that exact shirt, but it could look good with a few red stripes in there. The US shirts have messed with everything from sashes, sublimated sashes, pinstripes, vertical stripes, and now hoops. Hell it's not even that far off from the new hoops shirt, but I guess I've just become tired of hoops featured in every other kid these days.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Archived