2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

I think there is value in Nike trying to find an 'American' look for the USMNT. And yes horizontal stripes could be involved. Though I would say red stripes would match the stars and stripes better. Coupled perhaps with a blue shirt with some subtle stars on it somewhere. But its probably time to find a look and stick to it, which is what the US soccer federation hasn't been good at over the last 20 years.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there is value in Nike trying to find an 'American' look for the USMNT. And yes horizontal stripes could be involved. Though I would say red stripes would match the stars and stripes better. Coupled perhaps with a blue shirt with some subtle stars on it somewhere. But its probably time to find a look and stick to it, which is what the US soccer federation hasn't been good at over the last 20 years.

Agreed. I thought Nike was just going to stick with the sash, but I guess maybe like Oregon the look will be ever-changing.

Agreed. I thought Nike was just going to stick with the sash, but I guess maybe like Oregon the look will be ever-changing.

While the look has still changed, the sash is still not gone. There's a ghost sash on the hoops shirt. Maybe we'll see it on the blue kit? At least it's a sign that they're holding onto some form of tradition. I could get behind a kit that features both a hoops shirt, as well as a sash shirt. I think that would be a good compromise and could be a recognizable look for both home and away.

Apparently, the red-and-white jersey will be the new away jersey and the current home kit will remain the home kit.

I'm looking for confirmation.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Pardon my horrible photoshop skills (I'm Pre-law, not Graphic Design like most of yall) but I just put this together as to what I think would be a appropriate away kit to match the new home kits.

USMNT12AwayConcept+copy.jpg

If i knew how to i'd add in there the light sash and put the state initials on each star too. I hope its something like this, I dont really like the triangle on the shoulder designs.

I would definetly enjoy something along the lines of this. Good work!

I could get behind something like that.

But I'd also love something like this french away shirt. It's one of my favorite shirts that has recently come out.

s100531.jpg

That shirt works so well for the French because it looks so... Well French. Wouldn't work as well for anyone else.

it's true that it's so good because of the marinière influence, but I still think it's a slick shirt notwithstanding. I'm not saying copy that exact shirt, but it could look good with a few red stripes in there. The US shirts have messed with everything from sashes, sublimated sashes, pinstripes, vertical stripes, and now hoops. Hell it's not even that far off from the new hoops shirt, but I guess I've just become tired of hoops featured in every other kid these days.

Very French indeed...

french-stereotype.jpg

In all seriousness though that is a beautiful jersey. France always seems to look good when it comes to soccer.

spacer.png

I could see keeping a white on white look, but it would be a new kit. Of course I think white tops and blue shorts is best home look.

totally agree. for my money, you can't go wrong with this kit.

LD2006.jpg

I loved these when they first came out. But after a awhile something about them just wasn't doing it for me. They were too bland or something. Can't really describe it but they just got old for me. I'm really liking the leaked jersey so far.

My problem with those kits was the asymmetry of the shorts and socks. I didn't mind the asymmetrical shirt but having the stripe on only one side of the shorts and on only one of the socks was just weird.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I could see keeping a white on white look, but it would be a new kit. Of course I think white tops and blue shorts is best home look.

LD2006.jpg

I like those, but for US kits, they're IMO second to their current kit with the diagonal sash is great.

fifa.jpg

spacer.png

LD2006.jpg

I like those, but for US kits, they're IMO second to their current kit with the diagonal sash is great.

fifa.jpg

IMO that there is the best look for US Soccer. White with the 2 bands as home, and the navy with sash as the away kit.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

aston villa just announced they will be supplied by macron starting next season. New kits will be unveiled June 16 IIRC.

Its interesting how some of the more established manufacturers are losing some ground to upstarts in the Premier League. Spurs, Liverpool and now Villa all going from an established multi national conglomerate type manufacturer to something a bit smaller.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

aston villa just announced they will be supplied by macron starting next season. New kits will be unveiled June 16 IIRC.

Its interesting how some of the more established manufacturers are losing some ground to upstarts in the Premier League. Spurs, Liverpool and now Villa all going from an established multi national conglomerate type manufacturer to something a bit smaller.

sponsorship is worth more to those companies than it is to Nike. No reason to overpay.

sponsorship is worth more to those companies than it is to Nike. No reason to overpay.

I agree that that is the reason why. But its interesting that companies like Nike, Puma and Adidas are allowing relatively small companies into the Premier league market, with big clubs. Its not that long ago that Nike broke into the Premier League with Arsenal, given that Spurs are a club that appear to be going places, its interesting that Under Armour should be allowed to get a footing into the Premier League, quite probably the Champions League as well as an example.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Villa are too big for catalogue teamwear (see WBA, Swansea etc ) but maybe not big enough for a Nike or Adidas to invest further in bespoke kits. So they nicely suit a smaller company who will give them something unique and pay more.

Or Macron have a shedload of unsold West Ham shirts they are frantically rebadging. ;)

liverpool-1.png

Villa are too big for catalogue teamwear (see WBA, Swansea etc ) but maybe not big enough for a Nike or Adidas to invest further in bespoke kits. So they nicely suit a smaller company who will give them something unique and pay more.

Or Macron have a shedload of unsold West Ham shirts they are frantically rebadging. ;)

Probably true

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived