2011 NFL Schedules

RETROJR79

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys I'm wondering had the NFL released its schedules or are they waiting for the lockout to end?

If only there were some sort of place on the internet where the NFL could post information about the 2011 season.

I know what you mean they normally released the opening week matchup a week before they annouced the whole schedule.

BTW

Who's the Bears playing in the Hall Of Fame game?

Giants @ Jets Sunday Night Sept 11 wouldn't shock me...10 years to the day, they meet once every 4 years, the only reason it may not would be it's only 1 TV Market...

This would be the perfect way to open the season & pays tribute.

Or maybe schedule Redskins @ Giants. To have both Washington and New York involved in the game.

If they do this, there could be lots of pressure for the sides to settle the lockout in order for the league to be playing on the tenth anniversary of 9-11. I remember when MLB players voted to strike in 2002 there was concern that the players would be out walking picket lines on the first anniversary of 9-11 which upset some folks. I would imagine the NFL not operating on the tenth anniversary would be similar.

Giants @ Jets Sunday Night Sept 11 wouldn't shock me...10 years to the day, they meet once every 4 years, the only reason it may not would be it's only 1 TV Market...

This would be the perfect way to open the season & pays tribute.

Or maybe schedule Redskins @ Giants. To have both Washington and New York involved in the game.

If they do this, there could be lots of pressure for the sides to settle the lockout in order for the league to be playing on the tenth anniversary of 9-11. I remember when MLB players voted to strike in 2002 there was concern that the players would be out walking picket lines on the first anniversary of 9-11 which upset some folks. I would imagine the NFL not operating on the tenth anniversary would be similar.

You may be right but I think the NFL will open the season in time it'll be like the 1990 MLB season when they lost only 2 wks of spring training.

As for 9-11 you're right and I know the NFL will do anything to play the whole 17 wks schedules.

Oh, gods. The tenth anniversary. I really hope they resist the impulse towards chest-pounding.

I can imagine a scenario where all teams swap out their real colors for red, white and blue that weekend (plus special tshirts available for purchase). It'll be like breast cancer awareness month, which I have no problem with, but more cynical. Or reactionary. Not sure what the right adjective is.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Looks like the Bears got the schedule to match their already likely implosion this coming season.

The extra preaseason game (Hall of Fame Game) plus a midseason trip to London does seem to stack the deck against them.

You seriously think they're going to work out a deal in time to save the Hall of Fame Game? It's great that the Rams get a nationally televised game (albeit of the Preseason variety), but I'm not counting on it being played.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hey guys I'm wondering had the NFL released its schedules or are they waiting for the lockout to end?

If only there were some sort of place on the internet where the NFL could post information about the 2011 season.

I know what you mean they normally released the opening week matchup a week before they annouced the whole schedule.

BTW

Yo.

*points to user name*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bucs are going back to England? I thought they wanted to rotate the International Games in terms of the teams that are sent over.

I wouldn't doubt that Ol' Man Glazer's ownership of Manchester United has something to do with that.

It's also probably because it gives the Bucs a sold out home game, since that would never happen in Tampa....yet.

Very...good...point...especially after what just occured this past season down there. That there was a hurtpiece.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oh, gods. The tenth anniversary. I really hope they resist the impulse towards chest-pounding.

I can imagine a scenario where all teams swap out their real colors for red, white and blue that weekend (plus special tshirts available for purchase). It'll be like breast cancer awareness month, which I have no problem with, but more cynical. Or reactionary. Not sure what the right adjective is.

Both.

Ill say this the suspense is killing me I want to know if my 49ers & Dolphins get a Sunday Night game. I know my Chargers is getting one and I think the Raiders will have a SNF game for the 1st time since 06.

How many g*ddamn teams do you have?

LOL Just 3 the Niners, Dolphins & the Chargers.

BTW

Yo.

*points to user name*

Thank for the heads up I saw the Rams vs Bears but I didn't think that its the HOF game.

Front Page on NFL.com

Only game I know that will happen and if it doesn't the NFL again makes a huge mistake is Saints @ Packers opening night.

It'll be a weird seeing that matchup with replacement players. :grin:

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The NFL will announce the regular season schedule at 7pm EDT Tuesday.

Where'd you hear this? I'm not questioning just wondering.

I should have mentioned the source. Actually I saw it first on The Times-Picayune's Saints page then confirmed it on nfl.com. Glad I did 'cause I forgot NOLA's on Central time and I had to hastily amend my post to say 7pm EDT.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived