Wizards 2011 Uniform Change

Red&Blue Crew

The logos are actually pretty decent. But the uniforms are a joke. Why, WHY, would you replicate those awful stripe unis. WHY do they need to come back for another reign of terror and repulsion. Look at them. :censored:ing look at them. They're :censored:ing terrible. Some of the most hideous uniforms in all of sports. The guy who thought up the original design should be kicked in the balls.

:censored:ing sick of the pansy-ass designers in this league who always need to go retro. One, most of the 'retro' uniforms are awful (course most of us are too busy jerking off in the past to realize it). Two, you did absolutely no work by just switching back to the old uni template, and just changing up the script, slapping the alt logo on there somewhere, and a couple other subtleties. Zero creativity. Third, empty traditions are stupid enough as is, but they get even more ludicrous in these situations, when a franchise like Washington has almost nothing in their to look back and smile on, pretty much no way to justify updating these atrocities.

Logos - B, Uniforms - F minus minus, overall D minus. Rant over.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logos are actually pretty decent. But the uniforms are a joke. Why, WHY, would you replicate those awful stripe unis. WHY do they need to come back for another reign of terror and repulsion. Look at them. :censored:ing look at them. They're :censored:ing terrible. Some of the most hideous uniforms in all of sports. The guy who thought up the original design should be kicked in the balls.

:censored:ing sick of the pansy-ass designers in this league who always need to go retro. One, most of the 'retro' uniforms are awful (course most of us are too busy jerking off in the past to realize it). Two, you did absolutely no work by just switching back to the old uni template, and just changing up the script, slapping the alt logo on there somewhere, and a couple other subtleties. Zero creativity. Third, empty traditions are stupid enough as is, but they get even more ludicrous in these situations, when a franchise like Washington has almost nothing in their to look back and smile on, pretty much no way to justify updating these atrocities.

couldn't agree more.

btw does somebody know when they are going to release court scheme? that can be even worse than uniforms lol

spacer.png

HATERS!! :P

Everyone can think what they want, but why C's would you say:

Third, empty traditions are stupid enough as is, but they get even more ludicrous in these situations, when a franchise like Washington has almost nothing in their to look back

When their only championship was won wearing similair uniforms

Washington_Bullets_World_Champions_1978%5B1%5D%281%29.jpg

Definitely not the old uni template. Its a creative upgrade in my opinion.

wes_boxout.jpg

And yea, settle down there Chief.

90758391980.gif

*looks through binoculars*

Sir, I can see the thread now...she's drifting badly off topic. There's some ominous troll clouds ahead, but...the threads headed straight for them! Bail out! Bail out now!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Obviously there will be people that will hate the retro look. Hell, there's people out there that actually like the Arena Football League look of the Falcons, Cardinals, and Vikings. So there's something out there for everyone. I think the one thing that almost everyone should be able to agree upon is that the new Wizards look is a drastic improvement over their previous uni's. Are they great? No. But they are not horrible either.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

"Why would you replicate those awful stripe unis."

Well, probably because not everybody (and apparently the people who's decision matters most) thinks that they're awful.

You're alowed to hate retro designs. For the most part, I do too. But your comments here about "pansy-ass designers in this league who always need to go retro" is just flat out stupid. The person paying the bills wanted retro, so the designers obliged. Your comment about "no work by just switching back to the old uni template" is even more dumb. It actually requires a lot of work to adapt an old design onto a modern template and clean it up ("modernize" it, if you will) to make it look more contemporary. To be honest, I don't even look at this as a retro look - I think it's certainly retro "inspired", but it is decidedly modern in nearly every way. The fonts, the trim, the piping, the shorts, the back (logo over NOB with the funky cut-out thing), etc.

"Lazy" and RFSR would be what the Sixers did. This is completely different. Again, I'm not saying that you have to like it, but at least bash it for the right reasons. There are certainly some things that they could have done differently, but overall this is the opposite of being "lazy".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Washington Bullets won a championship. The Washington Wizards won the first round of the playoffs and wore commemorative t-shirts afterward. I think they've made the right move.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have always liked the Wizards logo but the recoloring isn't pleasing to the eyes. Plus since they made it look so bad, I'm sad to see it phase out over the years. I've always liked the "W" from the beard but with this whole rebranding, it just doesn't fit anymore

Go A's!

It's the Capitals of the NBA, which is not a bad thing. They updated an old look and made it modern.

One thing I don't like is the new recolored logo. I think they recolored it incorrectly, like someone in the concepts board who recolors a logo and uses the lighter color in places where the darker color needs to be implemented.

This is how I would've done it.

wizards-1.png

and if that gold tan color is 100% out of the question, then I'd go with this

wizards.png

Why not use the new silver instead of the copper?

My thought too, it IS a color in the scheme.

Any of these would be better:

wiz1.png

wiz2.png

wiz3.png

wiz4.png

I like #2 or #4 the best.

But, if the team is not planning on using the logo anywhere, who cares?

They'd be smart to keep him off the court with two otgher solid, new logos.

87Redskins.png

It's the Capitals of the NBA, which is not a bad thing. They updated an old look and made it modern.

One thing I don't like is the new recolored logo. I think they recolored it incorrectly, like someone in the concepts board who recolors a logo and uses the lighter color in places where the darker color needs to be implemented.

This is how I would've done it.

[logo]

and if that gold tan color is 100% out of the question, then I'd go with this

[logos]

Why not use the new silver instead of the copper?

My thought too, it IS a color in the scheme.

Any of these would be better:

[logos]

I like #2 or #4 the best.

But, if the team is not planning on using the logo anywhere, who cares?

They'd be smart to keep him off the court with two otgher solid, new logos.

I gotta say, I think what they went with looks better than any of those. And yeah, it really doesn't matter too much I guess. I doubt we'll see that logo at all to be honest.

90758391980.gif

wizards-new-jerseys.jpg

JaVale McGee couldn't get his own number, or is that part of the rebrand, that every player is #11?

6873.gif13-3. 1st place in NFC West. 1 fumble away from Super Bowl 46.

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.gif. 40-26. Lost in Conference Semifinals

zroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gif34-36-12 80 Points. Painfully watching the rivals win the Cup.

2908.gif 28-26. 3 GB of AL East lead. Starting to turn around the season.

That's not Wall's number either. Wall is #2. Every jersey had #11 for 2011 I guess, and Washington as the name on the back

That's right. I'm still used to seeing him as #11 in college that when I saw it here, I just automatically assumed it was his number. That makes more sense then, although its not that hard to whip up 2 different jerseys, especially since they are selling Wall jerseys on the team shop.

6873.gif13-3. 1st place in NFC West. 1 fumble away from Super Bowl 46.

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.gif. 40-26. Lost in Conference Semifinals

zroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gif34-36-12 80 Points. Painfully watching the rivals win the Cup.

2908.gif 28-26. 3 GB of AL East lead. Starting to turn around the season.

Archived