Wizards 2011 Uniform Change

Red&Blue Crew

I predict within two years the monument logo is the primary.

The wizard will remain the official primary for as long as that stupid $500,000 fee is still in place.

Yet, there is no "fee" for a total overhaul of the color scheme? That makes absoultely no sense to me.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't keep up with the Caps, so I didn't know about that. Are they red, white and blue? Seems they would be if all those teams (or is it just the Caps and Wiz?) are owned by the same person.

And that you can change the colors, the uniforms, the floor, and each and every other aspect of the package, but if you replace the one logo nominally designated as the primary logo, you're in trouble.

Also, the recolored primary is still not in compliance with (what we assume is) the rule that says location and nickname have to be included. I suppose adding "Washington" would make it a new logo and subject to fees.

I don't keep up with the Caps, so I didn't know about that. Are they red, white and blue? Seems they would be if all those teams (or is it just the Caps and Wiz?) are owned by the same person.

Leonsis owns both indoor teams, having bought both from Abe Pollin (or rather his estate in the case of the Wizards), under whose ownership both teams went from RWB to slate/bronze/black. Leonsis went back to the old colors because red is his favorite color and it's good for business.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I am a fan of all the teams being pretty much united under one color scheme, and I like this rebrand, even though I'm not a fan of the team or the NBA in general. The Wizards wordmark looks like the font in the Capitals primary logo. I like it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I am a fan of all the teams being pretty much united under one color scheme, and I like this rebrand, even though I'm not a fan of the team or the NBA in general. The Wizards wordmark looks like the font in the Capitals primary logo. I like it.

Just curious, Don: not that this has anything to do with the topic at hand but...you think DC United might jump on the RWB train here at some point? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just curious, Don: not that this has anything to do with the topic at hand but...you think DC United might jump on the RWB train here at some point? :P

Doubtful. United is THE black team in MLS, if they change the fanbase will erupt. Although that might be null and void if they move to Baltimore, so who knows?

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

I still say they should move to southern Maryland and rename themselves Baltimore-Washington United. This way, you're actually uniting things, and not just copping English naming conventions.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I still say they should move to southern Maryland and rename themselves Baltimore-Washington United. This way, you're actually uniting things, and not just copping English naming conventions.

I would be a fan of this, since I live in Southern Maryland.

I'm always interested in what people that don't come here think about uniforms. They showed the new Wizards uniforms on ESPN and two of my friends gave a collective "That's horrible" and "Why did they change?" I'm not sure why they think that, but I thought these would be better received by the general sports fan than the people here.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I absolutely love these, so much better than what the Warriors tried to do last year. I like how they followed in the Capitals footsteps and went with the throwback look. The only thing that I don't like is the Wizard logo recolored, from what I hear though it won't be used much. Overall great new look for the Wizards ushering in a new generation.

I'm always interested in what people that don't come here think about uniforms. They showed the new Wizards uniforms on ESPN and two of my friends gave a collective "That's horrible" and "Why did they change?" I'm not sure why they think that, but I thought these would be better received by the general sports fan than the people here.

Possibly people sick and tired of seeing the same colors on uniforms all the time. There are already five teams in the NBA that feature RWB on their unis (ATL, DET, LAC, PHI, and NJ)

Go A's!

Possibly people sick and tired of seeing the same colors on uniforms all the time. There are already five teams in the NBA that feature RWB on their unis (ATL, DET, LAC, PHI, and NJ)

I honestly don't see the problem with 6/30 American teams using the most basic color scheme there is in America. And to further push it down, some teams are primarily red, and some blue.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

i like them, and the nod to the old bullets logo is a nice touch. but was there any reason not to change the team name as well?

leonsis owns both the caps and wiz now, did the previous owner also own the caps? was that why both teams used blue and bronze?

Changing from Bullets to Wizards was confusion enough. Now to change it back again?

Besides, Bullets acquired a negative connotation, particularly during the 90's when DC had the highest murder rate in the nation.

Archived