Wizards 2011 Uniform Change

Red&Blue Crew

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McGee's "trademark" is to give the crowd a poorly-formed salute after a dunk or a flashy play. He started it two years ago after a home game attended by President Obama; now, it's his thing, similar to several years back when the Clippers' Darius Miles and Quentin Richardson used to tap their foreheads after made baskets.

The logos are actually pretty decent. But the uniforms are a joke. Why, WHY, would you replicate those awful stripe unis. WHY do they need to come back for another reign of terror and repulsion. Look at them. :censored:ing look at them. They're :censored:ing terrible. Some of the most hideous uniforms in all of sports. The guy who thought up the original design should be kicked in the balls.

:censored:ing sick of the pansy-ass designers in this league who always need to go retro. One, most of the 'retro' uniforms are awful (course most of us are too busy jerking off in the past to realize it). Two, you did absolutely no work by just switching back to the old uni template, and just changing up the script, slapping the alt logo on there somewhere, and a couple other subtleties. Zero creativity. Third, empty traditions are stupid enough as is, but they get even more ludicrous in these situations, when a franchise like Washington has almost nothing in their to look back and smile on, pretty much no way to justify updating these atrocities.

Logos - B, Uniforms - F minus minus, overall D minus. Rant over.

"Empty traditions are stupid enough as is" coming from someone with a Celtics avatar?

^ The beard is created out of negative space. I'm not sure a silver beard would work without throwing that off. But, if someone is willing to try...

That was what I thought was the reason why it's hard to do it. But a try if someone has the time.

Has anyone tried a silver beard?

You mean in the logo, or in real life?

The logo.

Go A's!

I wanted to throw my vote in that I really like the new uniforms, especially the homes. I didn't think trying to replicate the horizontal stripe look of the 70's Bullets uniforms would look anything but awful, but they really pulled it off. Very clean and sharp. In my opinion, anyway. Nice job, if you're still reading.

It's funny, some people think it's too retro, other people think it's not retro enough. Can't please everyone.

The secondary logo is also very cool, can see the team using that as a basis for a primary logo in a few years (would have to add some wordmarks to it.)

I can't prove this, but the evidence leads me to believe that the same designers were used for this as for the Capitals rebrand.

hhf7rsy9lfg9a2hl01gjtobhj.gifllrs2zxi127vkqgcsvfb.gif

3g5wchibh2ltoh617fcpgmfio.gifb9hvwjslf7jzh18ej6y4.gif

Have you looked at the jerseys? The road jersey striping is the exact same as the striping on the Capital's socks

Acc. to the WaPo article posted earlier in the thread, Adidas assembled a team of 11 designers to create the Wizards re-brand. The Caps rebrand was presumably done in collaboration with Reebok. Of course, it's possible that the same Reebok designers now work for Adidas (Reebok's corporate parent), but I don't know if the observed similarities in design are enough to assume so. I'm sure any group of designers could attempt to integrate design cues from the Caps brand into the Wizards brand, if Ted asked them to.

McGee's "trademark" is to give the crowd a poorly-formed salute after a dunk or a flashy play. He started it two years ago after a home game attended by President Obama; now, it's his thing, similar to several years back when the Clippers' Darius Miles and Quentin Richardson used to tap their foreheads after made baskets.

I miss the days when guys would just start up the floor, and get ready to play defense.

I miss the days when guys would just start up the floor, and get ready to play defense.

Hah, yeah McGee is definitely the last person you'll see that from. The guy is no better than so-so and yet he's a grade A jackass most of the time.

90758391980.gif

[OT]

McGee is frustrating. The guy has virtually every physical trait you'd want in a center, but he has one of the lowest basketball IQs I've ever seen displayed by a professional basketball player. [/OT]

When their only championship was won wearing similair uniforms

Washington_Bullets_World_Champions_1978%5B1%5D%281%29.jpg

Wow, a single championship. What a sad franchise, then.

If that's your measuring stick for "sad franchises" in the NBA then 80% of the teams are "sad". Grow up.

Teams who have not won more than one NBA championship:

Nets

Raptors

Pacers

Bucks

Heat

Magic

Hawks

Bobcats

Thunder

Nuggets

Blazers

Jazz

T-Wolves

Suns

Clippers

Kings

Mavs

Hornets

Grizzlies

That's 19 of the 30 teams. So not quite 80 percent, but close.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The new look is perfect except for the recolouring of that awful Wizards' logo. They should just dump that thing. It's busy and dated and doesn't go with any other part of their rebrand. Wizards seems like a place holder name anyways. They don't need wizard imagery.

Otherwise I love the new look. They took the best elements of the old and simplified them.

Archived