2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to dwell on yesterday's loss too much, but I found this trend interesting: all three of Kellen Moore's career losses to date featured missed field goals at the worst possible time. Two missed field goals vs. TCU in the Poinsettia Bowl, two missed field goals vs. Nevada, and the miss at the end of the game yesterday. Coach Pete has done few things wrong in his time in Boise, but he has been negligent in finding quality field goal kickers (oddly, kickoffs and punting have been strengths regardless). As much as you don't want the game to come down to field goals, realistically, it will, and that is where BSU has failed in the past few years.

Other than that, the secondary really needs work, and I guess it's better to find that out now and fix it instead of getting into a BCS bowl and being run out of the stadium by a deeper team. Who knows - Boise might luck into an at-large BCS invite like in 2009. Doubt it, though.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I have this as the BCS bowls as of right now:

BCS: #1 LSU* v #2 Oklahoma St*

Rose: #4 Oregon* v #15 Michigan St*

Sugar: #3 Alabama* v #8 Virginia Tech

Fiesta: #5 Oklahoma v #11 Houston*

Orange: #7 Clemson* v Cincinnati*

Teams with automatic bids have stars.

LvZYtbZ.png

Not to dwell on yesterday's loss too much, but I found this trend interesting: all three of Kellen Moore's career losses to date featured missed field goals at the worst possible time. Two missed field goals vs. TCU in the Poinsettia Bowl, two missed field goals vs. Nevada, and the miss at the end of the game yesterday. Coach Pete has done few things wrong in his time in Boise, but he has been negligent in finding quality field goal kickers (oddly, kickoffs and punting have been strengths regardless). As much as you don't want the game to come down to field goals, realistically, it will, and that is where BSU has failed in the past few years.

Other than that, the secondary really needs work, and I guess it's better to find that out now and fix it instead of getting into a BCS bowl and being run out of the stadium by a deeper team. Who knows - Boise might luck into an at-large BCS invite like in 2009. Doubt it, though.

Kyle Brtozman was one of the greatest kickers in NCAA history, who happened to have one of the worst games in NCAA history.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

My bad, Utah only needs UCLA to lose one game. Colorado/USC are the next ones.

USC is a guaranteed loss, that's the easy part..now to the hard part

I think 2 ASU losses are too much to ask for, unfortunately.

ASU has 'Zona and Cal at home and I think the Sun Devils win both those games and then gets slammed by Oregon in the inaugural Pac-12 Championship Game

Eh, I could see ASU losing to Cal actually if they continue to go on like they have, but they've won all their home games (lost 4 of 5 on the road, thanks again Utah :P ). And ASU actually played Oregon pretty damn close the first time up in Eugene, but again if ASU keeps on like it has, who knows how that ends up. Oregon now knows all the buttons to push, and I don't expect too much out of Dennis Erickson to make changes. (Also if ASU doesn't get to the Pac-12 game, and hell depending on how the final two games actually play, Erickson needs to be fired. He's more than worn out his welcome in Tempe, I think.) But hey, it's always said that it's hard to beat a team twice in the same season in football, so we'll see what happens.

Oregon could sleepwalk for 3 quarters and still beat Utah,ASU or UCLA(take your pick)by at least 21 points. I bet that's one team NO one in the nation wants to face ATM...

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

ASU has 'Zona and Cal at home and I think the Sun Devils win both those games and then gets slammed by Oregon in the inaugural Pac-12 Championship Game

Eh, I could see ASU losing to Cal actually if they continue to go on like they have, but they've won all their home games (lost 4 of 5 on the road, thanks again Utah :P ). And ASU actually played Oregon pretty damn close the first time up in Eugene, but again if ASU keeps on like it has, who knows how that ends up. Oregon now knows all the buttons to push, and I don't expect too much out of Dennis Erickson to make changes. (Also if ASU doesn't get to the Pac-12 game, and hell depending on how the final two games actually play, Erickson needs to be fired. He's more than worn out his welcome in Tempe, I think.) But hey, it's always said that it's hard to beat a team twice in the same season in football, so we'll see what happens.

Oregon could sleepwalk for 3 quarters and still beat Utah,ASU or UCLA(take your pick)by at least 21 points. I bet that's one team NO one in the nation wants to face ATM...

Well yeah, but that's because Oregon and Stanford are the only Pac 12 teams worth a damn this season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow. I just have to say, I did not expect that. I predicted a 10 point victory for Stanford. Now we just need LSU or Ok State to lose, and we might get back in the championship game! Obligatory "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!! Ok, now I'm done.

No sir. Your offense sucks donkey balls when given more than two weeks to prepare in defiance of conventional logic and wisdom and your offense is all that you have. Let's not see the Ducks in a rematch.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's too bad that the kicker's going to have to be to blame for yesterday...the officials should never have allowed it to get that far with the interference call.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Wow. I just have to say, I did not expect that. I predicted a 10 point victory for Stanford. Now we just need LSU or Ok State to lose, and we might get back in the championship game! Obligatory "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!! Ok, now I'm done.

No sir. Your offense sucks donkey balls when given more than two weeks to prepare in defiance of conventional logic and wisdom and your offense is all that you have. Let's not see the Ducks in a rematch.

I'm gonna let Ted Miller explain this one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/29601/not-to-be-defensive-about-oregon-but

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It's everybody's favorite week here at the CCSLC... ASU/UA Rivalry Week! :P

This year's edition should prove to less eventful on these boards than last year's, now that a certain someone is no longer with us. (Much to the delight of all, I'm sure. I know how much you all loved reading ASU/UA Scum Devil/Mildcat dribble :lol: ) Not only will it be less eventful on the boards, but hopefully it will be less eventful on the field with how bad UA has been this season, but thanks to how bad ASU has been recently (Don't let the door hit you on the way out Erickson <_< ), it probably will be.

Anyway, GIVE 'EM HELL DEVILS!

BlockedKick.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It's everybody's favorite week here at the CCSLC... ASU/UA Rivalry Week! :P

This year's edition should prove to less eventful on these boards than last year's, now that a certain someone is no longer with us. (Much to the delight of all, I'm sure. I know how much you all loved reading ASU/UA Scum Devil/Mildcat dribble :lol: ) Not only will it be less eventful on the boards, but hopefully it will be less eventful on the field with how bad UA has been this season, but thanks to how bad ASU has been recently (Don't let the door hit you on the way out Erickson <_< ), it probably will be.

Anyway, GIVE 'EM HELL DEVILS!

Heh, I'll just have my usual beer with the respectful UA fan this year like I always do :P

But either way, I don't think Erickson will survive this season. The losses to both UCLA and WSU back to back made them the team to contend with Oregon for the PAC-12 Championship to the team that could barely make the Wells Fargo Bowl at the end of the year. If ASU goes with another coach this year please let it be a young coach from a up and coming school *COUGH* Sumlin *COUGH*

Well yeah, but that's because Oregon and Stanford are the only Pac 12 teams worth a damn this season.

Stanford was what i thought all along,overrated. The PAC is a one man show this season...

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Kyle Brtozman was one of the greatest kickers in NCAA history, who happened to have one of the worst games in NCAA history.

the field goal posts at Nevada aren't regulation size, those misses weren't his fault.

I don't think you Scum Devils should worry. After all, Colorado trampled us for 48 flippin' points. I say you guys win 38-24. :(

Has been quite an embarrasing year for the Wildcat faithful, especially loosing to the PAC newbies in back to back weeks! This is our bowl game, so bend over Sparky and stick that pretty little brand new pitch fork straight up where the sun don't shine!!! :cursing: Unfortuantley it is Tempe.... and the sun does shine everywhere!! :P

DLWatt.png

Does anyone know why Arizona State didn't get into a bowl game last year at 6-6?

Because they had two wins against FCS opponents. San Jose State pulled out to get a bigger payday at Alabama. Along with the regularly scheduled NAU game, they brought in Portland State as a replacement, because all FBS teams had been scheduled or wouldn't come. Only one win against FCS teams counts towards bowl eligibility in the FBS. So for bowl eligibility purposes, they were 5-6.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

the field goal posts at Nevada aren't regulation size, those misses weren't his fault.

OK.

NCAA only requires the goal posts to be 20 feet in height (from crossbar up). The NFL requires the additional 10 feet.

Archived