NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

A plane carrying the KHL's Lokomotiv Yaroslavl crashed shortly after takeoff, killing 36. Believed to be on board are numerous former NHL players such as Pavol Demitra, Josef Vasicek, Ruslan Salei, Karel Rachunek and former Red Wings' Assistant Coach Brad McCrimmon.

This is rather tragic and another huge blow against the KHL.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1050242--russian-plane-carrying-khl-hockey-team-crashes-killing-36?bn=1

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For $700k, it's the same money that Rypien was getting, and is a somewhat more functional player.

There's your third line and faceoff man, Winnipeg. Just keep him away from Restaurant Row.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Jets should go after Chris Campoli. Perfectly acceptable 4th/5th defenseman who has gone unsigned the entire offseason because he tried to shake down the Blackhawks and failed. (The whole thing was weird, really: trading Campbell before Campoli's arbitration hearing was obviously going to sap all their leverage, but Campoli's demands must've been pretty exorbitant for them to just walk away altogether weeks before the hearing.) I think he was asking for $3 million (!) from Chicago; that figure should be dropping more and more each day as we get closer to training camp and he has no work. If they can get him for $1.5 it'll be worth it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Flames will trade the Jets. Matt Stajan for a conditional 2012 Pick.

If he fails to score 40+ points the pick stays as a 6th, if he scores more then 50 and the Jets make the playoffs it becomes a 3rd.

#fakeNHLtraderumors

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

One-third of New York is still more lucrative than all of most cities.

The Devils have their place in the market, but the Newark arena is looking to have been a huge mistake. First of all, it's in freakin' Newark. And remember, Newark wasn't crazy about building it. I think the Devils tried to go upmarket with a fancy new arena and fancy new luxury boxes and all this stuff that they'd get to charge more money for, but they miscalculated the market. The demand to pay more money to see Devils games just wasn't there, no one seems to have that kind of money anymore in the first place, they couldn't offset the costs of a brand-new building with few lucrative tenants in an overextended arena market, and now they can't pay the light bill. Maybe they should've stayed in the Meadowlands.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Never understood why the Colorado Rockies moved to a market that had 2 clubs (Rangers & Isles) anyway?

Because they didn't draw in Denver? Same reason they left Kansas City, really.

The Devils have their place in the market, but the Newark arena is looking to have been a huge mistake. First of all, it's in freakin' Newark. And remember, Newark wasn't crazy about building it. I think the Devils tried to go upmarket with a fancy new arena and fancy new luxury boxes and all this stuff that they'd get to charge more money for, but they miscalculated the market. The demand to pay more money to see Devils games just wasn't there, no one seems to have that kind of money anymore in the first place, they couldn't offset the costs of a brand-new building with few lucrative tenants in an overextended arena market, and now they can't pay the light bill. Maybe they should've stayed in the Meadowlands.

On the plus side at least they have a city to have a parade through should they win another Cup.

On the plus side at least they have a city to have a parade through should they win another Cup.

Bulletproof floats ain't cheap.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Bulletproof floats ain't cheap.

A long as they hold the parade early it should be safe, and the Devils will be alright they just need to shutdown the EyeSore Center in the complex formerly called the Meadowlands this way all the concerts and WWE will be at the Rock.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Les Diables du Quebec

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2011/9/12/2421521/lets-breakdown-the-new-jersey-devils-response-to-inaccurate-ny-post

Let's Breakdown the New Jersey Devils Response to Inaccurate NY Post Article on Team Finances

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived