New Mountain West Conference Logo

paynomind

They probably had to take them down because they forgot to remove the ripoff sketches. Bottom left of the top page =

Mark_Weaver_personal_logo.png

for example. Or the Mountain West didn't want all the process to be shown, possibly.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Higher quality, logo only:

fy7gf.jpg

Where is this mountain range, hidden or otherwise, in this logo? The closest thing I see to a mountain is the triangle in the bottom of the W.

stop thinking so literally. like i said before, think of the characteristics of a mountain range and how you could express them visually. i think they've done a good job here

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

fy7gf.jpg

Where is this mountain range, hidden or otherwise, in this logo? The closest thing I see to a mountain is the triangle in the bottom of the W.

stop thinking so literally. like i said before, think of the characteristics of a mountain range and how you could express them visually. i think they've done a good job here

There is nothing even remotely mountainy in that logo.

fy7gf.jpg

There is nothing even remotely mountainy in that logo.

a peak, strength/solid, stability, scale (large, compared to word mark), tall (perspective), purple (from a distance mountains truly look purple).

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think the top of the "MW" creates a pretty clear representation of a mountain peak with the light source coming from the right. Colored with grey and purple, it slightly resembles the mountains in the Colorado Rockies logo. It shows a better resemblance to the mountains in McCall's Rockies concept from a year or two ago on the concept board.

I think the top of the "MW" creates a pretty clear representation of a mountain peak with the light source coming from the right. Colored with grey and purple, it slightly resembles the mountains in the Colorado Rockies logo. It shows a better resemblance to the mountains in McCall's Rockies concept from a year or two ago on the concept board.

People just have a hard time looking beyond the surface at times. I immediately thought of the pointed top as a mountain as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This is depressing...

Depressing? It's the Mountain West. It's not like expectations were sky high for this unveiling, like they were for the Big Ten last year. And the previous MWC logo was pretty boring and bland to begin with, so I don't see how this can be much of a downgrade at all.

are you kidding? expectations should be a high for any D1 conference to have a nice conference logo. most NCAA conferences have very good ones. Heck, even the NAIA has good ones.

the old logo had personality, and uniqueness. the new one is so bland...I could have done better with 5 minutes in inkscape.

fy7gf.jpg

It's a sports logo, not modern art. I actually tried to see what you claim is there, and while I agree that your position has merit it still makes the logo way to abstract for its own good.

fy7gf.jpg

It's a sports logo, not modern art. I'm actually tried to see what you claim is there, and while I agree that your position has merit it still makes the logo way to abstract for its own good.

Agreed. I can see BrandNstudio's point and it seems valid but it really is too abstract imo. I just don't think this logo makes a good athletic conference logo, it's not an overly creative design and it would look pretty bad as a uniform patch.

Archived