Uniform that your team should bring back

GriffinM6

For the Saints...

4349633.jpg

Failing that, I'd like them to 1) go back to that shade of gold, 2) either add some stripes to the black pants or do away with them, and 3) add white to the stripe on the gold pants to match the helmet stripe. That, my friends, would add up to the best Saints look ever.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ucf_guidugli_zoom.jpg

Ew, I hate that uniform. Their cat scratch unis are much better than those (if we could just fix the black blotches on the white pants...)

For the Marlins, I like these the best.

Oh, yes. They actually have teal in them! Who knew?

Those were beauties. Hopefully, next year's new identity can top those.

25yzwqg.png

Without the striped socks, I don't think they'd get such a bad rap.

Also, turd-colored uniforms are perfect for the Broncos, the way that team is going. :P

I loved the color combination, helmets, jersey, and pants...but those hideous socks are so dramatic that they completely ruin that uni.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I'd be pleased either way if the Bengals went back to this

boomer-esiason-t2.jpg

or this

121597dilloncowboys_500x431.jpg

The Reds could stand to dress like a team of their age. These uniforms are pure class.

bench_johnny_4.jpg

Johnny+Bench+In+1969.jpg

I'm perfectly content with the Blue Jackets as is though I'll admit they left their best look in the past.

57344695.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FDE720D579AC8049986815EA95427961FBF96AD64677C1EA6DF06BF04B24B4128C

The edge jerseys are basically the same, but without the black they're missing that "bite" the old third jerseys used to have. I also wish the edge jerseys had the same three stars up the sleeve. For some reason they only went with one and it often gets hidden by the glove cuffs.

PvO6ZWJ.png

None.

The Philly four are on top of their game. I liked the kelly green but todays look is so much better.

i agree, all 4 philly teams look great right now.

I don't necessarily feel this way. I just think that once you leave something, you should move on and not back. You can "borrow" from the past, but 99% of the time I will never advocate simply "going back", nor do I really ever acknowledge posts that start with "they should go back to..."

Whats your user name again? B)

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Wouldn't change the Braves.

Would love to see the hawks at least pay homage to the 80's era style.

Agree with Brave Bird about the Falcons black tops.

Wish Georgia Tech would go back to the throwback look (White helmet and Gold Top) but I like the modern look they have now especially since they toned down the mustard yellow back to a truer gold.

For the Saints...

4349633.jpg

Failing that, I'd like them to 1) go back to that shade of gold, 2) either add some stripes to the black pants or - do away with them, and 3) add white to the stripe on the gold pants to match the helmet stripe. That, my friends, would add up to the best Saints look ever.

Seconded. I would add that I'd keep the current helmet (i.e., the current logo and black facemask) as well as the larger number font. That 17 on Kilmer looks awfully narrow.

And since you as a resident of Atlanta did the Saints, allow me as a resident of NOLA to offer up my graduate school alma mater in Atlanta, Georgia Tech:

9446412-large.jpg792995.jpeg1112_large.jpg

The basic look from the 1990 championship team. I'm showing only the white jersey, because with the NCAA rules (that weren't in place in 1990) that's what they'd wear most of the time. When they were forced to wear the color jersey, it could be either the navy blue or the gold... The recent Georgia Tech sets have looked like junk-- the switch to a more vegas gold; all those panels, piping, etc. Bleccch!

It is what it is.

For the Saints...

4349633.jpg

Failing that, I'd like them to 1) go back to that shade of gold, 2) either add some stripes to the black pants or - do away with them, and 3) add white to the stripe on the gold pants to match the helmet stripe. That, my friends, would add up to the best Saints look ever.

Seconded. I would add that I'd keep the current helmet (i.e., the current logo and black facemask) as well as the larger number font. That 17 on Kilmer looks awfully narrow.

And since you as a resident of Atlanta did the Saints, allow me as a resident of NOLA to offer up my graduate school alma mater in Atlanta, Georgia Tech:

9446412-large.jpg792995.jpeg1112_large.jpg

The basic look from the 1990 championship team. I'm showing only the white jersey, because with the NCAA rules (that weren't in place in 1990) that's what they'd wear most of the time. When they were forced to wear the color jersey, it could be either the navy blue or the gold... The recent Georgia Tech sets have looked like junk-- the switch to a more vegas gold; all those panels, piping, etc. Bleccch!

I forgot to say they should go with the gold numbers on the white set, and yeah, I wouldn't mind the current helmet and number font.

As for GT, I always liked the white helmet look.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I don't necessarily feel this way. I just think that once you leave something, you should move on and not back. You can "borrow" from the past, but 99% of the time I will never advocate simply "going back", nor do I really ever acknowledge posts that start with "they should go back to..."

What if the team had a perfect look previously which it either erroded or changed drastically? Look at the Mets, who are now a cluster:censored:. Their unis were perfect before black was added. Assuming they were to revamp and remove the black, it would be wrong of them to use the 1997 set just because they wore it previously? I disagree 100%. I think a big recent problem is that teams overdo it when they could have brought back a previous set verbatim or made a few minor tweaks. The Bills, Sabres, and msot of all Chargers had perfectly fine sets in the closet, but they had to get their money's worth from the desginers, so changes were made for the worse. I fully expect the Blue Jays and Padres will come out next year with "retro-inspired" sets, each combining 2-3 different color schemes, trying to please everyone while coming up with crap, where reverting to a past set with only minor changes would have been perfect.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

None.

The Philly four are on top of their game. I liked the kelly green but todays look is so much better.

Agreed. I like the Iverson rookie set, but the currents are much cleaner and sharper. I kinda miss the '90s Flyers set, I liked the striping and even the black alt, but only as an alt. That said, its minor.

Penn St. is really unchanged, other than the facemask and jersey cuts, but I like what they have now. Same with Villanova basketball.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived