That sleeve patch is by far the best secondary logo the Cubs have ever had

No. It's weird. They're all weird.

88mss9g9tj4ko0oya9lf.gif

I might kinda like this little fella.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Angels are my team, but having grown up 90 miles down the QEW in Buffalo I attended a great number of Jays games at both Toronto Stadiums and have bit of a soft-spot for them.

1406.gif

I'd like to see the Jays return to their mid 90s uniforms, both home & away (gray) with the solid blue hats ... those were my favorites.

I hated the 2-tone crown caps, as I did with Baltimore, Montreal, and Milwaukee when they wore them too. Different color visors I never had a problem with, most of those look really good.

When the Jays went to the solid blue hat and shelved the light blue roadies they were picture perfect. I also like the Blue Jays mid 90s blue alternates with the same fonts.

Ya win back-to-back World Series' and go thru so many uniforms design changes since then .... that's so odd. First change since, I even liked their late 90s cap logo ... but when they shelved that in the early 2000s and made all those massive changes they just don't look like the Toronto Blue Jays to me anymore.....

4811290.jpg

4816116.jpg

Also, I really miss the Baltimore Orioles cartoon logo on the black hat with orange lid .... Just not when it was on the 2-tone crown cap with the white front on the crown like in the 70s.

I always love a fitted cap with the curved visor and green underside too. I love the episode of Seinfeld when Elaine got thrown out of Yankee Stadium for wearing her Orioles bird cap and refusing to take it off :grin:

AAAAAnEwZXsAAAAAAOp1ww.jpg

bills11_wordmark.jpg

Excluding AFL-50 away uniforms in 2009 and NFL-75 from 1994, every team that has had a throwback or alternate, have always used a colored jersey, with the exception of the Redskins, and Patriots (light gray)

I'd love to see the Bills use their 1973 away uniforms, just as throwbacks ...... white with blue pants and grazing Bison

Either that or the all-white 2009 throwback from AFL-50 which was a tweak of the 1965 roadies .... with black shoes

oj-simpson-buffalo-bills-2003-record-breaker.jpg

09000d5d812a1f8f_gallery_600.jpg

p-506198-anaheim-los-angeles-angels-mlb-baseball-team-2011-logo-jersey-sleeve-patch-bjp-es-8-35582-0098-thumb.jpg

Now that we've gotten used to calling them the LA or Los Angeles Angels .... how about a road uniform with a 'Los Angeles' script on the jersey?

The halo on the 'A' could still easily remain .... I guess this is more of a concept tho' .... but in 2002 I loved it when the Anaheim script was put on the away jersey, and a World Series Championship was finally won. After one more season it was gone ... :(

tim-salmon-297x300.jpg

It is creepy! But at least it is quite clearly a cute baby bear and not some blue blob in a red ring, or a bear digging for trash and finding Doug Davis. Clean it up and you might have something, but you probably won't, and so the Cubs' sleeves are probably better off unadorned.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I get what you're saying Vet, but it just seems limiting. Like I said before I think a team's only goal when it comes to uniform design should be to look good. If going back to an old design will accomplish that better then a new, updated set then you should return to the old design. Yeah, it sounds nice to say a team should always look forward and not back, but it just seems way to limiting for what should be a very simple goal; for a team to look it's best.

Actually, I'd argue that disqualifying previously used designs actually makes your options limitless. I'm not a fan of the Phillies current uniform, but they're a good example of what I'm talking about. They didn't just "go back" to a previous era - they enhanced it (the results of which are debatable of course.) You can move forward while looking back, if it's appropriate for the situation.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not a fan of the Phillies current uniform, but they're a good example of what I'm talking about. They didn't just "go back" to a previous era - they enhanced it (the results of which are debatable of course.) You can move forward while looking back, if it's appropriate for the situation.

I don't like the Phillies candy-apple red pin-stripped home uniform at all .... but those cream colored enhanced 48's that they wear as home alternates, those are sharp! thumbsup.gif

500799.jpg

I get what you're saying Vet, but it just seems limiting. Like I said before I think a team's only goal when it comes to uniform design should be to look good. If going back to an old design will accomplish that better then a new, updated set then you should return to the old design. Yeah, it sounds nice to say a team should always look forward and not back, but it just seems way to limiting for what should be a very simple goal; for a team to look it's best.

Actually, I'd argue that disqualifying previously used designs actually makes your options limitless. I'm not a fan of the Phillies current uniform, but they're a good example of what I'm talking about. They didn't just "go back" to a previous era - they enhanced it (the results of which are debatable of course.) You can move forward while looking back, if it's appropriate for the situation.

I agree with what you are saying, but has any team really ever completely gone back to past logos or uniforms? That's not a rhetorical question, but I can't think of any (not that I'm thinking too hard).

I mean I guess while we are talking about Philly, just look at the Sixers... I mean they did about as "strong" as a throwback identity as I've ever seen, and even then they made a lot of tweaks to a lot of things.

I guess what I am saying is that it almost seems like a non-issue to debate this. That is, unless there are teams out there who actually went back to exactly an old identity.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I agree with what you are saying, but has any team really ever completely gone back to past logos or uniforms? That's not a rhetorical question, but I can't think of any (not that I'm thinking too hard).

I mean I guess while we are talking about Philly, just look at the Sixers... I mean they did about as "strong" as a throwback identity as I've ever seen, and even then they made a lot of tweaks to a lot of things.

I guess what I am saying is that it almost seems like a non-issue to debate this. That is, unless there are teams out there who actually went back to exactly an old identity.

The 49ers did it, minus the helmet logo (but the jersey / pants are basically "brought back".) The NY Giants and Jets too (unless you count the darker green an enhancement.) Off the top of my head, I'm also not sure how many teams have literally "brought back" old uniforms, but even if it doesn't really happen often, it's not a "non-issue" because it's the very basis for this thread.

For the record, I love the Jets current look, but I wish that they took this opportunity to re-do the helmet logo to separate it from the '60s look. I also prefer the '80s Sixers look to the current "inspired" look, but I give them credit for not "going back", which was the prevailing thought at the time. Hopefully new ownership goes in a different direction.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The 49ers did it, minus the helmet logo (but the jersey / pants are basically "brought back".) The NY Giants and Jets too (unless you count the darker green an enhancement.) Off the top of my head, I'm also not sure how many teams have literally "brought back" old uniforms, but even if it doesn't really happen often, it's not a "non-issue" because it's the very basis for this thread.

For the record, I love the Jets current look, but I wish that they took this opportunity to re-do the helmet logo to separate it from the '60s look. I also prefer the '80s Sixers look to the current "inspired" look, but I give them credit for not "going back", which was the prevailing thought at the time. Hopefully new ownership goes in a different direction.

I don't, I consider it a detriment, but your point stands. I would consider a change in the main color a modification and not going back to an old look verbatim. As for the 76ers current look, it blows. The '80s set was decent but uninspired. If they wanted to go back to that set, it would be somewhat understandable. However, if they were going to go with a bastardized futuristic version of that set, they would have been better off doing something else.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Islanders and Oilers completely brought back retro sets. The Flyers black namebar is the only thing keeping them from being full retro.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Packers

Home:

Mitchell-and-Ness-Green-Bay-Packers-15-Bart-Starr-1969-Home-Green-ALL-Stitched-NFL-Jersey.jpg

Road:

photo19.jpg

Alt:

Isbell_preview_upper.jpg

Brewers

Home:

robin-yount.jpg

Road:

AAEK033.jpg

Bucks

Home:

1396659_display_image.jpg?1291662800

Road:

612382-terry_cummings_large.jpg

Although the Packers are the only one that I'd want to see the old look(s) brought back en masse. If it were up to me, the Brewers and Bucks would be brought back with slight tweaks.

Archived