2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the Raiders possibly taking a shot, but using a 3rd Round pick! That's a stretch, but I guess they think Pryor is the real deal.

They just don't want draft picks. The Raiders will not have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick going into the 2012 draft.

Terrelle Pryor selected in the 3rd round of the NFL Supplemental Draft by the Raiders. Who didn't see that one coming?

I want to know how much they actually looked at the guy. I can't imagine the answer is alot because I don't think NFL teams were even allowed to contact him until July at the earliest, maybe not even at all.

No pro days, no workouts. Your picking this guy almost solely on reputation and gameday film. If your spending a third round pick on him he better work out, because if he didn't, it would be your ass as a GM. He's a project QB at best right now. Not the kind of guy you spend a third round pick on. But this is the Raiders we are talking about, so throw logic out the window.

Did they reach for Terrelle Pryor I would have to say they almost certainly did, but they obviously wanted him pretty badly so now he's theirs.

Does anyone else think Indy's only going to win 6 or 7 games this season?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Pryor had a workout a few days ago, 17 teams showed up.

So one workout which basically was his pro day and from what I can tell the workout was yesterday. Its still not alot to go on and certainly not enough to use a third round draft choice on. But again this is the Raiders and all Al Davis has ever really cared about when it came to QB's is arm strength (see Jeff George, Kerry Collins and JaMarcus Russell for more info), and Pryor can throw the ball hard.

This is how I think the Raiders evaluate their QB's using John Elway as a baseline compairison.

Broncos think Tebow is the 4th best QB in camp?

He's getting outplayed by Adam Weber. I think he ends up getting cut, and ultimately will be picked up by someone. This isn't the last we've heard of Tebow.

If he's being called the number 4 QB that means not only is he not ready to be an NFL starting QB, he's not even close and for a guy of his athleticism now might be a good time to say you know what it's not going to happen for you at QB so let's try another position. The clock is already ticking on his career. If this is the situation your at now, assuming best case scenairo at least another year and half until he even gets on the field. Whether or not he'll ever even start I'd say is highly questionable at this point.

You convert your position to fullback you might be able to start by the end of the year if not sooner.

He's getting outplayed by Adam Weber. I think he ends up getting cut, and ultimately will be picked up by someone. This isn't the last we've heard of Tebow.

Pretty sure they can't cut him due to the guaranteed money he would have received as a 1st round (seriously?) pick. They almost have to get something out of him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Pretty sure they can't cut him due to the guaranteed money he would have received as a 1st round (seriously?) pick. They almost have to get something out of him.

Yeah it would not make much sense to cut him at this point. If nothing else the guy also provides you with jersey sales and publicity, something you won't get if you release him, so its not a total loss to have him on your roster from a financial and marketing position.

He is a solid athlete as well, so I think they would try to move him before cutting him. I don't think any other team is going to take a chance on him either prvided Josh McDaniels doesen't show up. There were rumors he was trying to convince the Rams into making a deal for him.

Yeah it would not make much sense to cut him at this point. If nothing else the guy also provides you with jersey sales and publicity, something you won't get if you release him, so its not a total loss to have him on your roster from a financial and marketing position.

He is a solid athlete as well, so I think they would try to move him before cutting him. I don't think any other team is going to take a chance on him either prvided Josh McDaniels doesen't show up. There were rumors he was trying to convince the Rams into making a deal for him.

Why the hell would they want to repeat the Eric Crouch experience?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think that's along the lines what the Rams front office told McDaniels if those rumors are/were true. It makes zero sense for them to bring Tebow in, especially with Sam Bradford, but McDaniels obviously sees something in him that perhaps nobody else in the NFL does.

Cutting him is the dilemma which Elway faces. Last season, Tebow's contract was signed with the thought of a lockout. His roster bonus of $6.25M is not given to him until the 29th day of the new league year.

The 29th day is September 1. However, August 30 is the day rosters get cut from 90 to 75.

They can try to trade him, but who really wants to pay that bonus? Cut him after Sept. 1 and his cap number gets accelerated.

I think that's along the lines what the Rams front office told McDaniels if those rumors are/were true. It makes zero sense for them to bring Tebow in, especially with Sam Bradford, but McDaniels obviously sees something in him that perhaps nobody else in the NFL does.

That Tebow is willing to take a massive pay cut to play tight end? Because that's what he'd have to do.

Today, we are all otaku.

I don't see Tebow being cut personally. Surely the Broncos have too much invested in him? Fair enough he doesn't seem like a John Fox type player, but how many bigger sellers of jerseys do Denver have right now?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If he can play LB I'd take him on the eagles.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If he can play LB I'd take him on the eagles.

I don't see Tebow being cut personally. Surely the Broncos have too much invested in him? Fair enough he doesn't seem like a John Fox type player, but how many bigger sellers of jerseys do Denver have right now?

I think he's a good enough athlete to play another position. Ie. fullback or tight end. But you got to make ths switch now can't wait around another three or four years to find out this guy doesen't have it at QB and then decide to make the switch because it will probably be too late.

Archived