College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Remember that one tweet the Utah player said about Under Armour "hooking them up"? Well:

new+utah+unis.jpg

I really hope these are fake.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fake. The U logo is just a truncated Oregon O.

I really hope so. But remember the Georgia "fake" pro combat? After that, I'm just not sure what's real or fake anymore.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It's completely fake. No way that is taking the field. I believe that's already been debunked, and a long while ago.

I am interested to see what UA puts out for Utah...potentially another blackout? Maybe with some tribal imagery of some sort? We'll have to see.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Yeah, normally I'd immediately think these are fake, but with UA's recent designs, you never know (plus the Georgia incident).

It is a fake and has been debunked many times.

Don't know if BC as completely ditched the stained glass stripe but it wouldn't surprise me if the fan base resisted the change so much that the school scrapped it.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I don't get why they thought the stained glass pattern that they could almost not see was unforgivable, but the new pants stripe was completely fine. It's a shame, I liked the triple stripe a lot. :(

I don't get why they thought the stained glass pattern that they could almost not see was unforgivable, but the new pants stripe was completely fine. It's a shame, I liked the triple stripe a lot. :(

I doubt the glass pattern was the issue. I think it was more the triple stripe instead of a single stripe that was the issue.

I doubt the glass pattern was the issue. I think it was more the triple stripe instead of a single stripe that was the issue.

Huh. Well, I thought they looked good. Guess the BC fans didn't think so. I'm still surprised they found the pants ok if they hated the triple stripe so bad.

Some bit of news coming out of Colorado.

Sorta mixed signals here

Per the Denver Post

"?Embree said the school has talked to Nike about a possible ?combat-style? uniform but only for a special occasion. ?I really don?t see us going out there and doing anything crazy,? he said. ?We have a great mascot in the buffalo and our colors are second to none.?

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

On a positive note of the Maryland/Miami game, The U looks so much better in orange than their older green jerseys.

I agree! I always loved their orange jerseys and pants for that matter.

WOW! The players didn't know about these uniforms until they went into the locker room tonight as reported on espn.

Not sure I believe that. They would have had to fit all of the helmets.

Wonder if those flag helmets could be the white helmets from last year they wore in preseason this year? That would address the fitting problem if they took those plain white helmets the players already wore and had the flag pattern applied. Just a thought

On a positive note of the Maryland/Miami game, The U looks so much better in orange than their older green jerseys.

WOW! The players didn't know about these uniforms until they went into the locker room tonight as reported on espn.

Wonder if those flag helmets could be the white helmets from last year they wore in preseason this year? That would address the fitting problem if they took those plain white helmets the players already wore and had the flag pattern applied. Just a thought

I would think the equipment manager would know before the game what sizes of helmet and equipment that every player needed for game day. Is that their job to know that information ahead of time?

spacer.png

Okay, I've had several days to sit and let all this college football unimania process...here's what I think:

Re: Nikegon...true, many consider Nike the devil, and certain folk consider their pet babies, Oregon football, to be their devil children, but I will say this...they (Nike AND Oregon) made their point loud and clear from the onset with all these zany sets of theirs...they were going to be different, they were going to push the envelope. (And the cynic in me also believes Nike is using that football team as a live advertisement for its own football products--but not for sale to the general public, though whatever residual income they get from fan attire is all the better--but to attract other football programs to outfit themselves in Nike gear. It's been working.) Sure, the football program may as well haev forgotten what their school colors are...but if one thinks of it this way, that Oregon football no longer represents the University of Oregon, but Nike football instead--a real live "Team Nike", in that regard--then what they've been doing makes plenty of sense. And, this much I will say about their BCS NC game uniforms as well as the ones they had on the other night against LSU: as wacky as the colors may have seemed, the uniforms themselves were still rather tame. The only thing that makes them stand out is that loud-ass highlighter color, which stands out that much more against that dull anthracite. The shock-value effect is one I'm sure Nikegon was going for...and it's worked. Other schools long began following suit, the best example being Oklahoma State.

Re: Maryland...it was reasonable to expect Click-Clack to try to come up with something unique and distinctive for their flagship pet babies...but what they rolled out was too...freegin...MUCH. The Maryland flag is cool as hell on its own, but that uniform design went way over the top. I'm cool with the idea of the flag helmet, though I would've preferred something more in line with those roller derby helmets. I'm of the belief that such unique design elements as Maryland's flag look great and can lend to a distinctive look when used sparingly, or in relatively small doses...but we all know that was neither Maryland's nor UA's objective; rather, it was to create something as gaudy and out-there as possible in order to MAKE people notice and start talking, for better or for worse--and it also worked. Now they got people all across the country--including the heads up at Beaverton and Eugene--talking about Maryland football. For at least this round, UA and UM have managed to one-up the Swoosh in the public conscience. What they've also effectively done is sent every...single...football program in the country (that ain't a "state" school) scrambling to figure out how in the hell they can incorporate their state's flag into their uniform design somehow. (Bold prediction: we'll see at least one other major program try something like that before this season's over.)

Re: the state of college sthletic aesthetics...in this dog-eat-dog world of college sports apparel, this one-upping-the-Jones game might well end up cannibalizing itself sometime soon. At some point, all this will become overkill and folk will get so fed up with the overbearing gaudiness that they'll (we'll) be pining for the days of simpler looks and, as (my opinion is that) design is circular, we'll soon see the cycle come back around to simpler, more streamlines uniform looks. We've already seen this shift in logo design and sports branding; the day will come, whether folks like it or not. Before that happens, though, I fully expect the two big dogs right now--Click-Clack and the Swoosh--to continue duking it out; what I DON'T wanna see, though, is Russell trying to get its name in the mix with (what I believe) is it's flagship program right now, Georgia Tech. (Or Colorado State, if GT shuts that down.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I would think the equipment manager would know before the game what sizes of helmet and equipment that every player needed for game day. Is that their job to know that information ahead of time?

Of course it is, but it isn't that simple. Some helmets require air. Not all of them fit the exact same with the padding in them. Chin-straps require adjustments. They wouldn't even have had time to move all the chin-straps over during the switch.

Could be. I wonder if they used the same hydrographics company Nike has been using or is these were a decal or something. Either way, there would still need to be adjustments for the interior padding, air bladders and chinstraps.

Archived